2020-2021 Coaching Changes

Valhalla

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not sure there is a good fit for that place.

I thought Illinois used to be good. Man was I wrong. 30 years of mediocrity. Every conference has to have a cream puff and they are the in the running for it.

48 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I would think Mario Cristobal would have some interest from Auburn.

Why does Cristobal's name keep coming up in these head coaching jobs? Oregon has top notch facilities and their 300 uniform combinations really draw in some talent. Seriously though, why Auburn over Oregon? Seems like a lateral move to me.

5 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Why does Cristobal's name keep coming up in these head coaching jobs? Oregon has top notch facilities and their 300 uniform combinations really draw in some talent. Seriously though, why Auburn over Oregon? Seems like a lateral move to me.

It’s not lateral to me.

I know I can win a National Championship at Auburn. I don’t know that at Oregon.

He is a Miami guy who has spent most of his coaching career in the South East. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It’s not lateral to me.

I know I can win a National Championship at Auburn. I don’t know that at Oregon.

I respect your opinion, and I didn't know he was Miami guy. I personally think Oregon has an easier path to the NC. They've been in the NC game once already during the playoffs and just missed in another year. I don't think Auburn has been close to the new Playoff System since it was started. Of course Alabama has been there every year except the last one.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don't get that from the perspective of Lea.

If I am a coordinator in demand then I think I could do better than Vanderbilt. 

I thought he could do a whole let better that that. A decent Power 5 school. Not Vandy. Vandy and a Paul Johnson, Jeff Monken makes more sense. A good HC with a “gimmick” offense that can level tha playing field some.

On 12/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Swagcopter crashed and burned long time ago 😂

Crazy thing...I really thought as a culture and fit that he (Sumlin) would have worked at Arizona State and Herm Edwards would have been the fit at Arizona coming from the defensive background...and Arizona always priding themselves on defense.

19 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

the PAC12 has just sunk that much! if I'm USC, Oregon, Arizona and Arizona State I'm working the BIG12 hard to figure some type of expansion to create a real opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't see Tech as a place Briles would agree to be OC. Head coach yes, but I saw that Tech is retaining the HC. 

Yeah...Seems like all the smoke signals point towards Briles to Liberty when Freeze leaves. I think that is a terrible landing spot for Briles just because of his connection with the AD, along with the negative publicity that university seems to be a lightning rod for...

On 12/13/2020 at 10:52 PM, Valhalla said:

It’s not lateral to me.

Looking at Recruiting Rankings this morning, and Oregon is currently sitting at #5 with Auburn at #44. There are currently five teams from the SEC West ranked in the Top 20 of recruiting with Georgia, Florida, and Tenn also in the Top 20 from the East. Meanwhile USC sitting at #13 and Cal is next at #24. I'd say the easier path to the playoffs would be with Oregon. You can't win it if you don't get there. We all know the conference in the best position to have a second team in the playoffs is the SEC, but I can see a 1-loss PAC Champion Oregon being in the playoff.

31 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Was a good coach at Wisconsin. Wasn’t a fit at Arkansas. Illinois isn’t a premier Big 10 program. Bielema gets them to .500 and a bowl game it’s a win.

I just don’t understand why these programs like Illinois and Kansas pay money for washed up big names when they should be trying to find young, innovative guys to offset the natural deficit they face as a football program.

• Like 1