JFF made Sumlin, I'll never stop saying it. 😎

• Like 2
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck to him. He’s going to need it.

Great DC, terrible HC. His buyout was $13 mil+.  Don't think for one second Texas can't afford Herman's buyout.

Too soon to send him a request for a loan? 

Posted Images

Current SEC head coach mentioned as potential candidate to replace Gus Malzahn at Auburn https://t.co/GRLoJYh58W https://t.co/qSxYBC0pye

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Current SEC head coach mentioned as potential candidate to replace Gus Malzahn at Auburn https://t.co/GRLoJYh58W https://t.co/qSxYBC0pye

I’ll be surprised if that happens. Lane has already been down the road of bailing after one season. It didn’t work out well. I think Auburn goes after Freeze with a plan on settling for Napier. Tennessee may pull the trigger on Pruitt a week earlier than they had planned to keep Auburn getting dibs on Freeze. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not sure there is a good fit for that place.

I thought Illinois used to be good. Man was I wrong. 30 years of mediocrity. Every conference has to have a cream puff and they are the in the running for it.

48 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I would think Mario Cristobal would have some interest from Auburn.

Why does Cristobal's name keep coming up in these head coaching jobs? Oregon has top notch facilities and their 300 uniform combinations really draw in some talent. Seriously though, why Auburn over Oregon? Seems like a lateral move to me.

5 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Why does Cristobal's name keep coming up in these head coaching jobs? Oregon has top notch facilities and their 300 uniform combinations really draw in some talent. Seriously though, why Auburn over Oregon? Seems like a lateral move to me.

It’s not lateral to me.

I know I can win a National Championship at Auburn. I don’t know that at Oregon.

He is a Miami guy who has spent most of his coaching career in the South East. 

• Like 1
On 12/12/2020 at 7:07 PM, Stoney said:

Jeff Monken to Vandy rumors. The triple option coming back to the SEC?

Pretty please with sugar on top! 

11 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It’s not lateral to me.

I know I can win a National Championship at Auburn. I don’t know that at Oregon.

He is a Miami guy who has spent most of his coaching career in the South East. 

I respect your opinion, and I didn't know he was Miami guy. I personally think Oregon has an easier path to the NC. They've been in the NC game once already during the playoffs and just missed in another year. I don't think Auburn has been close to the new Playoff System since it was started. Of course Alabama has been there every year except the last one.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Art Briles has resigned from Mt. Vernon. Posted in College Coaching Changes because we all know he has a college job lined up. The question is - where is he going?

5953724F-68BA-425F-8EEF-B348A48BC4B0.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don't get that from the perspective of Lea.

If I am a coordinator in demand then I think I could do better than Vanderbilt. 

I thought he could do a whole let better that that. A decent Power 5 school. Not Vandy. Vandy and a Paul Johnson, Jeff Monken makes more sense. A good HC with a “gimmick” offense that can level tha playing field some.