2020-2021 Coaching Changes

Valhalla

36 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Who’s going to be the scapegoat for the recruiting violations?

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Who’s going to be the scapegoat for the recruiting violations?

Probably Pruitt. Maybe they’re waiting to fire him after the ncaa comes down on them. It might be in the contract that NCAA violations void it and they can fire him without having to buy him out. Or, if they’re looking at sanctions due to the investigation, it makes sense to wait and fire him after that is made public so they can say they’re starting fresh with Coach Whateverhisnameis. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Probably Pruitt. Maybe they’re waiting to fire him after the ncaa comes down on them. It might be in the contract that NCAA violations void it and they can fire him without having to buy him out. Or, if they’re looking at sanctions due to the investigation, it makes sense to wait and fire him after that is made public so they can say they’re starting fresh with Coach Whateverhisnameis. 

LSU buddy at work thinks LSU will try and do the same thing with Orgeron and the TitleIX stuff. Fire him for cause. Like you said not have to worry about the buy out.

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I’ve seen different reports that Billy Napier, Steve Sarkisian, and Kevin Steele have all withdrawn their interest in the Auburn job. Meanwhile, Gus is probably laughing all the way to the bank. 

Now UAB HC Bill Clark is reportedly out of consideration for the Auburn gig. So Christobal, Napier, Sarkisian, Steele and Clark have all snubbed Auburn. Did they look so stupid for firing Gus that no one wants to be their coach? Hey if they’ll fire me after one year and pay me what they paid Gus, I’ll take the job! 

Pundits killed Texas for being turned down by Urban and undercutting Herman in recruiting. Texas is 17 in recruiting right now and CDC has come out and given Herman a vote of confidence. 
Auburn took the opposite route and fired Gus just before NSD1, took a huge recruiting hit, was rumored to give the job to the current DC, and has now been turned down by G5 HC and a few coordinators. 
I don’t think Herman is the right guy for Texas but I am thankful for how Del Conte has handled the situation. Even if it wasn’t perfect.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Pundits killed Texas for being turned down by Urban and undercutting Herman in recruiting. Texas is 17 in recruiting right now and CDC has come out and given Herman a vote of confidence. 
Auburn took the opposite route and fired Gus just before NSD1, took a huge recruiting hit, was rumored to give the job to the current DC, and has now been turned down by G5 HC and a few coordinators. 
I don’t think Herman is the right guy for Texas but I am thankful for how Del Conte has handled the situation. Even if it wasn’t perfect.  

Clemson DC Brent Venables has now withdrawn from the Auburn coaching search. It’s a full-on train wreck at this point. They fired the only active coach with 3 wins over Saban, and now their top 5 candidates have essentially said NO. And they’re paying Gus $21 million to watch it. Unbelievable. 

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Clemson DC Brent Venables has now withdrawn from the Auburn coaching search. It’s a full-on train wreck at this point. They fired the only active coach with 3 wins over Saban, and now their top 5 candidates have essentially said NO. And they’re paying Gus $21 million to watch it. Unbelievable. 

Good grief, poor War Eagle Tigers from the “plains” ??? of Alabama. 
I have never understood the mascot confusion nor their reference to the plains. I am sorry, Alabama has no true plains in it. 

22 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Didn’t see that one coming. Weird fit IMO. 

I agree but it’s a win for them considering where it was headed. Noise is one of the top G5 programs in the country, and Harsin has an outstanding record there. It honestly looked like they were gonna be stuck with someone like Muschamp or McElwain. 

30 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I agree but it’s a win for them considering where it was headed. Noise is one of the top G5 programs in the country, and Harsin has an outstanding record there. It honestly looked like they were gonna be stuck with someone like Muschamp or McElwain. 

Agreed, I don’t think it’s a bad hire just a weird fit. DC hire will be interesting. 

21 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Hardin I’d a tough coach.  He’ll do well there.  And by well I mean win the ones he’s supposed to and one he shouldn’t every now and then

Kinda what I’m thinking. His success will likely depend on the staff he hires, and how long a leash he has. I wouldn’t be surprised if guys like Venables and Sarkisian backed out partially due to finding out they wouldn’t have the type of control of the program or budget for hiring assistants that Dabo and Saban have.