Carthage versus Silsbee

cowboyandchrist

53 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Does anyone know the status on 5 and 11 getting their casts off? Also on the status of 13?

Surratt discussed all 3 with Larry Allen on the KGAS weekly interview Thursday if you want to hear the info from the top Dawg. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, silsbee92 said:

Well normally about now I would be laying down a near perfect argument on how this game would go.....

Let me ponder the ways and I'll get back to everyone.

How about this:

“Racking up 277 yards of offense and 21 points in the opening half alone, Silsbee flashed an offense that could hang with most teams in the state. But with the top-ranked Carthage Bulldogs on the other side of the ball, they never stood a chance.

Countering with an offense that put up a show to the tune of 534 yards and 64 points in the first half alone, the Bulldogs showed why they may be the favorites to take home another state title as they punished Silsbee 64-36 in 4A playoff action Friday night.”

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 3

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

How about this:

“Racking up 277 yards of offense and 21 points in the opening half alone, Silsbee flashed an offense that could hang with most teams in the state. But with the top-ranked Carthage Bulldogs on the other side of the ball, they never stood a chance.

Countering with an offense that put up a show to the tune of 534 yards and 64 points in the first half alone, the Bulldogs showed why they may be the favorites to take home another state title as they punished Silsbee 64-36 in 4A playoff action Friday night.”

The impressive part was it was in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Scored touchdowns on the 1st 9 possessions (time ran out on the 10th). There has been lots of points put up in a half, but usually you will see the defense and special teams scoring touchdowns with a score like that. Carthage did have a blocked punt and recovered a pooch kick on a kickoff, but the offense scored every point. Almost every play was a TD. Capps threw 15 passes and I think had 6 TD passes. KI had 8 carries for 160 yards. It was really unbelievable. One of those things you had to see to believe. Again not that big of a deal if your playing a terrible team in your district, but this was a 3rd round playoff game. Don’t know if we will ever see another offense like that. By the end of the year that offense was pretty much unstoppable. LV did about as good of a job slowing them down as possible, but still scored 46 points (did have a defensive TD in that game). I still believe that was the best team Surratt has ever had at Carthage. They could do it all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I’m thinking 49-14. That sounds about right. Hate to predict a blowout in the 2nd round of the playoffs, but I don’t see where Silsbee has an advantage. It is what it is. Could be wrong.

Do you think Surratt will push the envelope a little more since last week was a bye and the 1’s haven’t played more than 2 quarters in over a month?  I mean the competition is going to get tougher starting next week.

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Do you think Surratt will push the envelope a little more since last week was a bye and the 1’s haven’t played more than 2 quarters in over a month?  I mean the competition is going to get tougher starting next week.

They practiced 1’s on 1’s in practice Tuesday and Wednesday.  Lot of pride on the line.  Probably better week than if they actually had played Friday as far as having to get after it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, longhorncrazy said:

I don't think teams can stream on their own. At least video streams. Texan Live has the video broadcast rights for all playoff games.

Good to know!  I'd been trying to watch on kgas wondering what the world is wrong with them now?  Lol

On 11/16/2020 at 5:24 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

How about this:

Touche.  And thanks for the reminder.  Lol.

Hopefully everyone else knew I was being a bit sarcastic.