Carthage versus Silsbee

cowboyandchrist

26 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I was just picking.  You are one of the few from Silsbee on here.  I appreciate the perspective.

Silsbee has become a serious run heavy offense the last five years and has been proven very effective at that style.  But, with the lack of game changers on the team it really exacerbates the need for a complete team effort (Offense/Defense).

I, unfortunately, do not think we are able to give 60 minutes due to the amount of both way players. 

I'm ever the optimist and after years of playing Carthage I'm also a realist.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, longhorncrazy said:

I don't think teams can stream on their own. At least video streams. Texan Live has the video broadcast rights for all playoff games.

exactly...I was about to ask the same thing. I was going to say...how the heck can Carthage stream their game when nobody else in the state can stream their own PLAYOFF games.

12 hours ago, silsbee92 said:

Silsbee has become a serious run heavy offense the last five years and has been proven very effective at that style.  But, with the lack of game changers on the team it really exacerbates the need for a complete team effort (Offense/Defense).

I, unfortunately, do not think we are able to give 60 minutes due to the amount of both way players. 

I'm ever the optimist and after years of playing Carthage I'm also a realist.

Nobody has a successful run game against this Carthage Squad...😜

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Welcome back!

Thanks.  Again, I wish I had it in me to start an "engaging" discussion about how competitive this game will be.

But, our youth in the secondary, lack of depth in the trenches and a nauseating passing game will keep me at home to watch this one.

I will say this.... Dont underestimate their ability and heart, not that Carthage is suspect for this mistake.

Overall talent may not be on par with Carthage but many teams have been sent home in the 4th qtr by Silsbee in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silsbee92 said:

Thanks.  Again, I wish I had it in me to start an "engaging" discussion about how competitive this game will be.

But, our youth in the secondary, lack of depth in the trenches and a nauseating passing game will keep me at home to watch this one.

I will say this.... Dont underestimate their ability and heart, not that Carthage is suspect for this mistake.

Overall talent may not be on par with Carthage but many teams have been sent home in the 4th qtr by Silsbee in the past.

Even if some fans may, the team and staff would never underestimate Silsbee! I think “Salty” is a great word to describe Silsbee, year in and year our. They are always salty!

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I just want to see Carthage play someone with a pulse for a change... I want to see someone in this state challenge them & play 4 quarters of heart racing football in 2020...

It will eventually happen, but this week should not be heart racing football. Unless we are sprinting up and down the sidelines during the game! Go Dawgs!

• Thanks 1