Whitehouse (7-0, 4-0) vs. Pine Tree (5-1-1, 3-1)

JoeBurns23

Div. II East Texas Game of the Week.

A Pine Tree win clinches a #2 seed in the playoffs (assuming they win 1 of their final 2 games)

A Whitehouse win clinches a #2 seed and keeps District Championship hopes alive with a possible 9-0 vs 9-0 showdown for the season finale vs Texas High!!

Will be interested to see the outcome of this game from a Texas High standpoint. Hopefully Freeman is recovered in time for the game. Really could not evaluate his backup as the game was out of hand when he entered Pirate offense. He was able to move the offense in the 4th quarter after the THS starters were benched. Pine Tree OL had difficult time with the speed & quickness of the Tiger DL which disrupted their passing attack.

If Whitehouse looks at game film of (T-High vs Pine Tree) game it will become evident of Pine Tree weakness.

QB was kept on the move for the first half of the T-High game and roughed up near half time. 

1st string QB will be a question mark for Whitehouse game.

Backup QB played most of second half of T-High game and did not throw the ball very much this limits Pine Tree offense a lot.

IMHO Whitehouse takes this game by a good margin.   

23 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Is PT healthy ? Is Whitehouse really that good or benefit of a favorable schedule.  If healthy the pirates win .

Looking at the schedules/scores I'd be quicker to say Pine Tree has had a favorable schedule. None of their wins come from anybody with a winning record. I got WH by a FG.

20 hours ago, micotrav said:

Whitehouse is as solid of a team that you can find.  The Royse City Bulldogs played them early in the season.  We lost 22-20, but we have a very good team this year as well.  Whitehouse should win this one 31-19.  

Y'all are having a good season, but I find it hard to call any team that gave up 71 points in a 71-18 loss a "very good team."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoeBurns23 said:

Looking at the schedules/scores I'd be quicker to say Pine Tree has had a favorable schedule. None of their wins come from anybody with a winning record. I got WH by a FG.

I mean Whitehouse has only faced one winning team this season as well. Neither of them have had to face a challenging schedule.

• Like 1

I have watched every WH game this season and I'm still not sure how good they are.  I was really hoping to learn something from the Marshall game last week, but it was more of the same.  WH continues to capitalize on the opponents mistakes and finds ways to win.  They are not as deep or talented as recent WH teams, but they are well coached and prepared for each game.  Solid at each level on Defense.  Not explosive on Offense, but good enough.  

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Y'all are having a good season, but I find it hard to call any team that gave up 71 points in a 71-18 loss a "very good team."

It happens to the very best.  We played the number one team in the State in Class 5A DII and we got our tails handed to us.  We made them mad, and you do not make Ennis mad and not pay for it in the end. Stats are deceiving sometimes, especially when you look at the final scoreboard total.  Ennis had 509 total yards and Royse City had 455.  We could not score in the second half, and our defense was riddled by graduation. We learned a lesson and made adjustments.  Those adjustments are paying off now. Yes, we are a very good football team. We lost to an excellent football team. I've always thought that a team that progresses forward during the season will be just fine in the playoffs.  Hopefully, those adjustments will make sure that we do not get beat by 53 points the next time. LOL!  Once again, DO NOT MAKE ENNIS MAD!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Did Freeman play against Texas High?

Yes...he played up until the "next to last" play of the first half as he went down along the Texas High sideline.

RJ

31 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Did Freeman play against Texas High?

For a half. 

Texas High is simply head and shoulders better than anyone else in the district. And it’s not even close.  

So they aren’t a great measuring stick for where teams 2-5 stand. 

IMHO. 

To really see how good WH is, we need to see how they play when they don't get an early lead. I think they have had a lead early in every game and works into their running game. To WH credit they have made the plays to get the early lead. I think PT finally puts them in early hole and exposes the WH passing game. 

11 hours ago, RonLigma said:

Pine tree wins. defense played good against the run vs thigh just got worn down and had no answer for #5 in the passing gm. 

Not sure if I agree with your assessment of Pine Tree’s defense against the run. Texas High had 228 yards rushing in the game. The #1 RB was injured in the second quarter after rushing for 64 yards. The remaining 164 yards were largely gained by a 3rd string and a JV running back. The common factor with all the Texas High running backs is they ran behind an offensive line that dominated the opponent’s defensive line. I agree they did not give up many big plays on the ground, but 7 yard runs were common.  I hope Freeman is available tonight for Pine Tree.

• Like 1