• West Rusk Raiders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How’s it feel to be a fair weather fan? Where you been all year? Got a decent team and now you decide to show back up. 

Your hilarious Waskom couldn’t handle being hit in the mouth and it showed with all the personal fouls they got during the game ! EF should of won by 3 or more TD’s Waskom was lucky it was even close

So I guess when we beat y’all it will be because yall beat yourselves again? 😂

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

How’s their secondary? 

They got burned some against us but they have been pretty good all year they have a good pass rush which helps and they blitz a good bit as well.  If your QB is mobile and accurate you can pass on them but for the most part Waskom has a Good Def. 

6 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

How’s Waskoms pass defense this year? And can Waskom throw the ball if needed? 

No they can’t pass now or haven’t anyway they ran one pass play last night and got sacked and fumbled I think 

Hell naw we can't pass, and our pass defense is garbage.  Question is can you give your qb enough time to pass? Can you run to keep them honest? Can you stop the option? EF and DF are the only teams that did a decent job of protecting their qbs and that's because their qbs were extremely mobile.  No one has run the ball with any kind of significant success on Waskom this year. 

7 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

Hell naw we can't pass, and our pass defense is garbage.  Question is can you give your qb enough time to pass? Can you run to keep them honest? Can you stop the option? EF and DF are the only teams that did a decent job of protecting their qbs and that's because their qbs were extremely mobile.  No one has run the ball with any kind of significant success on Waskom this year. 

EF had 300 passing yards and like 196 rushing on Waskom averaged almost 8 yards a carry but I agree with most of what you said. I think Waskom gets to 4th round and it’s a slug fest with EF again. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

EF had 300 passing yards and like 196 rushing on Waskom averaged almost 8 yards a carry but I agree with most of what you said. I think Waskom gets to 4th round and it’s a slug fest with EF again. 

Really? 500 yds and only 28 points? Kinda doubt it.

42 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

If you can slow down the pass rush then their 10-1 is vulnerable.

But they will probably always have more rushers than you can account for in your pass protection scheme, so the QB has to be decisive.

26 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

Really? 500 yds and only 28 points? Kinda doubt it.

Look it up 

1 hour ago, Timboslice79 said:

We have a mobile QB as well. Pretty accurate with his passes. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

If you can slow down the pass rush then their 10-1 is vulnerable.

But they will probably always have more rushers than you can account for in your pass protection scheme, so the QB has to be decisive.

Our QB is good about getting the ball out quick and our pass protection has held up well for the most part. I’m curious to see if we can slow their offense down because we have had some trouble stopping their style of offense the last two games. I’m sure we will load the box and dare them to pass like we have the last 4 years. 

43 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

I don't have to. Coaches like to inflate stats sometimes.  Ef did not get close to 200 yds rushing 

You obviously missed the game 😂 ask coach for some film and go back and watch it.  EF actual yardage was 180 on the ground I was off by 16 yards but the 8 yard per carry was on the money. 

• Roll Eyes 1
7 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Our secondary can be suspect and we only pass when we absolutely have to. 

35 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Our secondary can be suspect and we only pass when we absolutely have to. 

Our run D has been sketchy against teams that run the slot/wing effectively. Hopefully since this will be the 3rd team in a row that’s ran that style of offense we will be able to slow it down a little better. Our offense has been clicking as of late. Especially through the air. 

26 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Our run D has been sketchy against teams that run the slot/wing effectively. Hopefully since this will be the 3rd team in a row that’s ran that style of offense we will be able to slow it down a little better. Our offense has been clicking as of late. Especially through the air. 

Waskom and Hughes Springs are very different on the offensive side of the ball.

Waskom is flexbone. That is a whole different animal than the slot t.

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Waskom and Hughes Springs are very different on the offensive side of the ball.

Waskom is flexbone. That is a whole different animal than the slot t.

West Rusk is familiar with their offense. We have been playing them for a while now. Yes, they run that offense to perfection and it will be a challenge to stop. 

5 minutes ago, Lion54 said:

Do you Waskom fans ever answer a football question with a normal answer or do you always have to be cocky? 

Not all of them are cocky, just Timbo. He was probably bullied in high school or something. 

3 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Not all of them are cocky, just Timbo. He was probably bullied in high school or something. 

I been trying to tell yal he still salty from losing to EF 😂

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Waskom gonna be healthy for this game? 

QB is out for year, wouldn’t be surprised if Hamilton is done for year depending on how bad separation is but they should get #50 back at some point.  But if you didn’t watch DF game they didn’t miss nothing really offense still looked the same minus the passing game they had added with Cole as QB.  I wouldn’t look at them as a injured team or you will be headed home like DF.  

• Nick2011 changed the title to Regional Semifinals: Waskom vs West Rusk - Friday 3pm in Hallsville