1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt

• Brahmas
    • Jackets

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

You seen both teams play what’s your assessment of who you think wins ? I know you prob pick Lil brother but i am curious  

Honestly after last night its a toss up. They are finally healthy and running the rock with authority. Their Defense held an outstanding run team and forces their hand in the 2nd. Yalls d will struggle against their run honestly. I seen the hs game. Your qb will be the difference. He'll have to have his best game to date. If yall spread em out early and throw on pp then yall will win by 10. If yall try and run most of the night. Yall lose by 7

9 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Honestly after last night its a toss up. They are finally healthy and running the rock with authority. Their Defense held an outstanding run team and forces their hand in the 2nd. Yalls d will struggle against their run honestly. I seen the hs game. Your qb will be the difference. He'll have to have his best game to date. If yall spread em out early and throw on pp then yall will win by 10. If yall try and run most of the night. Yall lose by 7

Yeah I expect it to be a fight this deep in playoffs no matter what! I had heard they struggle in pass coverage and well that’s what we do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

Hopefully we have better weather for this game than we did last year.  That was miserable, cold and wet!  This is another game where the team with the least amount of mistakes wins. I'm looking forward to it. Keep pounding and passing the rock Jackets! Gonna need another great performance from our hogs, the ole DL and OL. I've got faith that y'all can execute and get it done.

Jerry's score prediction that @Wild74posted last week favored EF by 9 over Hooks so I'm going with Jackets by 9 in this match up.

I think he had Newton +24

6 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Our game plan worked against them. It didn't against waskom tho lol

Ya'll have had problems stopping the Waskom triple option and Waskom has had trouble stopping DF passing. Heck on two of DF TDs we wasn't close enough to even interfere, can't do that to often and move on I was ready for the full feeling of major disappointment and despair until that last two point conversion try. 

9 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

@Wild74I'm just curious, does Jerry's score predictions have a stat for it's accuracy? 

Funny you should ask, it is a page that he is working on. I am given 10 picks a week to pick and I use Jerry's picks most of the time, I was 5-5 this last week picking all the favorites...lol  Pigskin doesn't have any way of know who is hurt who didn't make grades and stuff like that but he is close most of the time but 50% not that great 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Funny you should ask, it is a page that he is working on. I am given 10 picks a week to pick and I use Jerry's picks most of the time, I was 5-5 this last week picking all the favorites...lol  Pigskin doesn't have any way of know who is hurt who didn't make grades and stuff like that but he is close most of the time but 50% not that great 

Thanks @Wild74, I figured math was the primary vehicle how Jerry's arrived at it's predictions.  It can't account for the intangibles, injuries, and the high school football player.  You're right though, 50% isn't that great but it is cool to look at.

4 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Thanks @Wild74, I figured math was the primary vehicle how Jerry's arrived at it's predictions.  It can't account for the intangibles, injuries, and the high school football player.  You're right though, 50% isn't that great but it is cool to look at.

If EF/Waskom was to play each other nobody would be the favorite it would be a pickem according to Pigskin in power rating EF is 145.90 and Waskom is 145.37

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

Hopefully we have better weather for this game than we did last year.  That was miserable, cold and wet!  This is another game where the team with the least amount of mistakes wins. I'm looking forward to it. Keep pounding and passing the rock Jackets! Gonna need another great performance from our hogs, the ole DL and OL. I've got faith that y'all can execute and get it done.

Jerry's score prediction that @Wild74posted last week favored EF by 9 over Hooks so I'm going with Jackets by 9 in this match up.

Looks like EF is a 3 point favorite right now, Pigskin hasn't posted the matchup yet but the power rating are updated 

• Like 1

I think if region 3/4 is to win state, it will be Elysian Fields. Canadian/Gunter run defenses are top notch. I honestly don’t see PP or Franklin winning as they are too one dimensional. Look at PP vs Gunter at state. Gunter ran all over PP. we held Gunter to a little over 100 yards rushing. That is not a knock on Franklin or PP, I just think it is a bad matchup. 

• Like 3