Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt

• Brahmas
    • Jackets

This poll is closed to new votes

45 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Going with Pewitt .... 7+ .......

I think in order for PP to win this game they have to move the ball on the ground and burn clock and keep EF offense to a limited number of opportunities. I think EF wins by 14 

• Like 4

Taking Pewitt of course, I’m not a big Slot T fan in general but last week Coach Kumrow called one of the best games of his life IMO, entire staff did great.I never thought we’d run it right down their throat but we did all night for the most part, If we run the ball like that again we will win this game for the simple fact EF’s offense won’t be on the field much.If we keep it within two points late in the game I feel confident Pewitt will win but I hope it doesn’t come down to that.

7 minutes ago, Timboslice79 said:

EF vs Waskom regional championship next week no doubt. Sorry PP good season anyway. 

Last two times we played EF we ran right at them and they couldn’t stop it, just curious what their run defense is like this year, I know their offense is clicking good.

10 minutes ago, OldBull12 said:

Last two times we played EF we ran right at them and they couldn’t stop it, just curious what their run defense is like this year, I know their offense is clicking good.

They played the run against waskom the first time this year better than anyone else thus far. I know Waskom and PP have different running games so PP may have more success. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OldBull12 said:

We got enough stops last year to be in the game late into the 4th qtr. I know that was last year and this is 2 different teams. Is PP’s run game this year as good as their run game last year? I think EF’s defense is better this year than it was last year. 

EF is a physical team this year on both sides of the ball. I think they can match up with PP’s physicality. 

• Like 2

And the 2018 game, PP used some pass plays to make a 2 minute drive to score late in the 4th to beat EF. The game was in the 20’s. We have changed d coordinators since then and taken on a completely different identity on defense. Those 2 games definitely count and we were 0-2 against PP the last 2 years. But if you are basing your predictions and thinking that is the EF team you will see Friday night, you will be surprised. We just lost last year to PP because they were the better team and they earned their victory. 

Consolation prize for EF after playing PP last year, we changed Nature Boys mind about the physicality of EF. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

We got enough stops last year to be in the game late into the 4th qtr. I know that was last year and this is 2 different teams. Is PP’s run game this year as good as their run game last year? I think EF’s defense is better this year than it was last year. 

EF is a physical team this year on both sides of the ball. I think they can match up with PP’s physicality. 

In my opinion our offense is much more physical this year especially last three games,new coaches in a crazy year has been tough but they are starting to gel. We still have a balanced run attack but maybe stronger this year when it comes to the ground and pound.Our offensive line is almost all Seniors returning and special teams is also very good this year all the way around.Always a good game between these two teams, it’s EF’s offense that worries me as usual, If EF was to get a couple key stops though we may be in trouble but I guess that could go both ways.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

And the 2018 game, PP used some pass plays to make a 2 minute drive to score late in the 4th to beat EF. The game was in the 20’s. We have changed d coordinators since then and taken on a completely different identity on defense. Those 2 games definitely count and we were 0-2 against PP the last 2 years. But if you are basing your predictions and thinking that is the EF team you will see Friday night, you will be surprised. We just lost last year to PP because they were the better team and they earned their victory. 

Consolation prize for EF after playing PP last year, we changed Nature Boys mind about the physicality of EF. 

I’m not basing anything on the last two years, I still remember all the times EF knocked us out of the playoffs , any time we play y’all it’s a knock down drag out!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldBull12 said:

Taking Pewitt of course, I’m not a big Slot T fan in general but last week Coach Kumrow called one of the best games of his life IMO, entire staff did great.I never thought we’d run it right down their throat but we did all night for the most part, If we run the ball like that again we will win this game for the simple fact EF’s offense won’t be on the field much.If we keep it within two points late in the game I feel confident Pewitt will win but I hope it doesn’t come down to that.

I was on the Friday night football app trying to tell the Newton fans, y'all better respect PP, they been earned that, but hey nobody was surprised by PP beating Newton, everybody I talked to in EF thought the same thing 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Amen to that. 

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

I was on the Friday night football app trying to tell the Newton fans, y'all better respect PP was it's been earned, but hey nobody was surprised by PP beating Newton, everybody I talked to in EF thought the same thing 

Any time we play EF Im nervous , very good program, we’re gonna accept the underdog role and give it hell, we have a hell of a receiver but the will never dream of throwing him the ball so all y’all have to do is stop the run just like every year but damn we’re running the ball good .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OldBull12 said:

Any time we play EF Im nervous , very good program, we’re gonna accept the underdog role and give it hell, we have a hell of a receiver but the will never dream of throwing him the ball so all y’all have to do is stop the run just like every year but damn we’re running the ball good .

That's just PP football, seems every HC that comes to PP runs the say offense lol

36 minutes ago, OldBull12 said:

You have more people picking you to win than you think. The football Friday app, you have more “votes” to win this game than EF. 

2 hours ago, jacket52 said:

@Pax can we get one of your breakdowns for this game sir 

Since district started, Elysian Fields is averaging 44.3 points per game vs defenses that give up 24.4 per game.  This is 20.0 more points than the average defense they face gives up.  They are holding teams that score 29.9 per game to 22.8 or 7 points fewer on average.  Overall swing is +27.0.

Pewitt is putting up 33.3 per game vs defenses allowing 25.1 or 8.2 points more than the defense they face gives up.  On the defensive side, teams that score 33.0 on average are being held to 22.4 vs Pewitt, or 10.6 less.  Overall swing for Pewitt is +18.8.

Pewitt gets a slight edge on defense while Elysian Fields has the significant advantage on offense.  Pewitt had a surprising win over Newton last week though, and I would have had Newton winning that game pretty big, so who knows?!  The score predictor comes up with Elysian Fields in a 38-29 win in this one though.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

You have more people picking you to win than you think. The football Friday app, you have more “votes” to win this game than EF. 

I don’t buy into polls and votes, got to play the game regardless of what it looks like on paper. I’m expecting another great game between these two teams.We played with an energy last week I haven’t seen in a long time and hope we don’t come out flat this week. I’m picking Pewitt by 3.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OldBull12 said:

I don’t buy into polls and votes, got to play the game regardless of what it looks like on paper. I’m expecting another great game between these two teams.We played with an energy last week I haven’t seen in a long time and hope we don’t come out flat this week. I’m picking Pewitt by 3.

Yeah, I agree. Except on your pick, haha! 

3 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I going to go ahead and give my prediction for this game I got EF winning 48-20 and setting up a an all District 11 Regional Final. 

Region 4 has already shape up to be a all district regional final no matter who wins or loses in that region, all 4 teams are still in it

• Like 2