1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt   

91 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Paul Pewitt

• Brahmas
    • Jackets

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Or could it be that they don’t like your coach?

That’s what I said I thought lol 😂 but that’s weird considering he is an alumni.  But honestly I would rather play almost anywhere but Marshall i am not a fan of the school or the city. 

21 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I think EF, Waskom, and WR will be running this region the next few years. DF as well if they can get things worked out over there. 

I forgot to mention PP, they got a young team coming back as well, so next yr in region 3 is gonna be battle test coming out of it, hope every one can stay healthy lol

25 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I forgot to mention PP, they got a young team coming back as well, so next yr in region 3 is gonna be battle test coming out of it, hope every one can stay healthy lol

PP will have a lot of experience returning at the skilled positions ,lots of gaps to fill in the O line and D line though.

2 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

West Rusk returns 9/11 on offense and 8/11 on defense.... what’s Waskom return? 

EF returns 7/11 on Off and I believe 9/11 on Def but I could be off by a kid on either side and we have a bunch of fresh and soph getting good minutes this time of year that will be ready. 

25 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Most of our starters are sophomores this year and some juniors. We have 2 freshman that start on defense. 

Our Fresh. Wr is going to go over 1,000 receiving yards and already has over 10 TD’s if we keep advancing wouldn’t be surprised to see 1,500 receiving and 15 Td’s not a bad first year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Our Fresh. Wr is going to go over 1,000 receiving yards and already has over 10 TD’s if we keep advancing wouldn’t be surprised to see 1,500 receiving and 15 Td’s not a bad first year. 

Who’s going to throw to him next year?

2 hours ago, jacket52 said:

EF returns 7/11 on Off and I believe 9/11 on Def but I could be off by a kid on either side and we have a bunch of fresh and soph getting good minutes this time of year that will be ready. 

Losing 2 Sr's on defense and 5 on offense 

3 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Who’s going to throw to him next year?

#20 will be the QB next year. The last thing people ever have to worry about om a Scott Ford coached team is the QB. They are groomed  from 7th grade. If you every go watch a team he has coached in middle school, they coach the passing game and throw more that you see the high majorty of schools throw.

At EF He has had the Hughes kid who was the freshman of the year in the district, then when he was injured the Storey kid thru for 2000+ yards the next year, then 2000+ yards as a SR when Hughes moved to Waskom that year.  Hughes moved back for his Sr year and broke all EF school records with 3700+ yds and was the dist MVP.  Then the McIntosh kid thru for 2400+ yds and now the Wilkerson kid has been a 3 year starter. And should be a unanimous Dist MVP this year..  

EF will have the Pressley kid for 2 years. The Pressley kid is a elite ath that has started in the secondary all year and plays a bunch as a freshman, also a stud baseball player. In the JV game I saw they have a freshman #12 that looks to be about 6'2 already and has all the tools. Add that the 8th grade kid this year was a heck of a young qb also  

If you do any research on Coach Ford, before he came to EF in his one year at Hidalgo he coached Shea Patterson who he started as a freshman( Patterson went on to play at Ole Miss and MIch)

Before that he had  one after the other 1st team QB's while HC at 5a Los Fresnos, most notably Jeremy Springer who went on to play at UTEP.

So I would not get to much up in arms at who will throw the ball next at EF, Coach Ford always has one ready to be next.

East Texans my age have known for for years from when I was in HS and he was scoring TDs for Marshall and from his coaching for years throughout the state.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Eagle1986 said:

#20 will be the QB next year. The last thing people ever have to worry about om a Scott Ford coached team is the QB. They are groomed  from 7th grade. If you every go watch a team he has coached in middle school, they coach the passing game and throw more that you see the high majorty of schools throw.

At EF He has had the Hughes kid who was the freshman of the year in the district, then when he was injured the Storey kid thru for 2000+ yards the next year, then 2000+ yards as a SR when Hughes moved to Waskom that year.  Hughes moved back for his Sr year and broke all EF school records with 3700+ yds and was the dist MVP.  Then the McIntosh kid thru for 2400+ yds and now the Wilkerson kid has been a 3 year starter. And should be a unanimous Dist MVP this year..  

EF will have the Pressley kid for 2 years. The Pressley kid is a elite ath that has started in the secondary all year and plays a bunch as a freshman, also a stud baseball player. In the JV game I saw they have a freshman #12 that looks to be about 6'2 already and has all the tools. Add that the 8th grade kid this year was a heck of a young qb also  

If you do any research on Coach Ford, before he came to EF in his one year at Hidalgo he coached Shea Patterson who he started as a freshman( Patterson went on to play at Ole Miss and MIch)

Before that he had  one after the other 1st team QB's while HC at 5a Los Fresnos, most notably Jeremy Springer who went on to play at UTEP.

So I would not get to much up in arms at who will throw the ball next at EF, Coach Ford always has one ready to be next.

East Texans my age have known for for years from when I was in HS and he was scoring TDs for Marshall and from his coaching for years throughout the state.

Greatest passing coach ever!

• LOL! 2

41 minutes ago, Eagle1986 said:

Pressley kid is a great athlete but I not sure the job is already his.  I think for first time in a long time there will be a little competition for that spot but that’s a good thing ! Competition breeds success especially at the QB position but if he wins the Job he will be a great one no doubt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle1986 said:

What worries me with Presley is his reps at QB. Even Wilkerson played QB on JV and got reps. Presley missed those reps when he got moved up to varsity last year. 12 on JV won’t be the QB at EF and if his 4 years. Nothing against the kid, but this was the first year he has ever played QB. He will be playing WR. 12 stepped up for the team when the kid that had been playing QB with that group didn’t play this year. The 8th grade QB will be the one to watch in a couple of years. Just my 2 cents. EF’s 8th grade has some skill kids that will be good. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

What worries me with Presley is his reps at QB. Even Wilkerson played QB on JV and got reps. Presley missed those reps when he got moved up to varsity last year. 12 on JV won’t be the QB at EF and if his 4 years. Nothing against the kid, but this was the first year he has ever played QB. He will be playing WR. 12 stepped up for the team when the kid that had been playing QB with that group didn’t play this year. The 8th grade QB will be the one to watch in a couple of years. Just my 2 cents. EF’s 8th grade has some skill kids that will be good. 

Remember Logan Hughes backup didn't get reps either, the next yr he played pretty good, over 2000yds passing 

• Like 1