Nacogdoches vs Texas high

nacdragon07

Might as well talk about it. Texas high makes it first trip to Dragon stadium since 2003 (they won 21-0) The last time we faced Texas high was in the playoffs during the 2006 season where they won 31-9. Nac is coming off a forfeit win against hallsville and The tigers are coming off a blowout win against Jax.  Im hoping we can keep this close and come out injury free to set up a huge game against Marshall. 

The key to this game will be the Tiger’s OL versus the Dragon’s DL. T-High gained 193 yards with their #3, #4, & #5 running backs against Jacksonville. Not diminishing the effort of the RBs, but the push of the line has been a common denominator in all of our games. Tigers expect to get their #1 RB back for the game. In my opinion, McHenry is the most underrated QB in district. Again much of his success rests with the protection he receives from the OL. He seems to be able to read the defensive coverage and find the open receivers. If all WRs are covered, he makes the wise decision and throws the ball away.

The result of this game will have no bearing on the playoff spots. A Nac win and they still have to beat Marshall, A Nac loss and they still have to beat Marshall. The Dragons have absolutely nothing to lose in this one. TH now has head to head against everyone and will be the 1 seed for the playoff. 

30 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

The result of this game will have no bearing on the playoff spots. A Nac win and they still have to beat Marshall, A Nac loss and they still have to beat Marshall. The Dragons have absolutely nothing to lose in this one. TH now has head to head against everyone and will be the 1 seed for the playoff. 

That’s crazy. But it would be nice for Allman to get a signature win against a opponent we aren’t supposed to beat. So far in his short tenure we’ve only beaten the teams we are supposed to beat. Hallsville jax MP etc. it would be a huge step In the right direction if we can someway somehow pull off the huge upset of Texas high. Can’t remember the last time we beat them. I know we used to Be in the same district for a while but I wasn’t even born during those years.

27 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Not true.  THS has not locked district title. Loss to Nac and Whitehouse could make THS the #3 seed. This is a must win for the Tigers and hopefully the team views the game as such.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bordertown said:

Not true.  THS has not locked district title. Loss to Nac and Whitehouse could make THS the #3 seed. This is a must win for the Tigers and hopefully the team views the game as such.

I just assume TH is not going to lose to WH. I am not saying Nac. will beat them either. TH is too talented at WR and WH struggles in coverage(when you catch the ball:)

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

That’s crazy. But it would be nice for Allman to get a signature win against a opponent we aren’t supposed to beat. So far in his short tenure we’ve only beaten the teams we are supposed to beat. Hallsville jax MP etc. it would be a huge step In the right direction if we can someway somehow pull off the huge upset of Texas high. 

Its a tall order for sure!! Not sure TH has had a close game so far this year. They have given up what 7 points to the other playoff teams in the district so far. 

7 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Definitely should sit until the playoffs but I ain’t the coach lol. Not brave enough to call an upset , but got a feeling Nac will surprise some in this game.

Not brave enough to say upset either. I am just hoping TH gets our best punch!! We have played well the last 3 games, and still have more improving we can do. An upset will take Nacs perfect game and a bad game from TH. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I have not seen much of a drop off on production with any of our running backs. We have one RB that has an issue holding on the ball. I suspect he is walking the halls carrying a football as everyone slaps at the ball. It is a testament on the line play that you bring up a jv RB and have an efficient ground game. I am okay if Stewart does not play.

Being the heavy favorite could work against T-High, it will be job of coaching staff to keep T-High young men emotions at a high level.

Nac can use this contest to gauge their team for a playoff run if they can come out of game with win and no injuries.

Expect T-High to be up 3-4 TD's by halftime and use second half of game to develop game talent and speed with backup players (working on next years squad).

Good luck to both teams.