Rematch from week 1 Malakoff vs Grandview round 3

Guest Tiger03lb

#4 Malakoff vs #2 Grandview  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, blesseddaily said:

They have been hilarious the whole game...and these guys start second guessing the coaches...gotta love it!!1 LOLOL!!

They have always done that. Smh

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Beat GV and now have Art Briles waiting. What a region. 

We can take the challenge. This defense is the difference this year

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

What a game tigers! Watch in the NfHS what a game! Just how you got the Yoe off ur back you got the zebs off ur back congrats from Teague! Finish this thing off in Jerry world but first you get Art

What a way to do it too. Waco isd been our stadium when having huge games.

Guest Tiger03lb
29 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Beat GV and now have Art Briles waiting. What a region. 

We will be ready! Hell of a region. 

Guest Tiger03lb
On 11/21/2020 at 10:12 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

After what y’all did last night and the way Grandview is playing I think it’s gonna be just like when y’all played Cameron in Waco on that rainy night with the FG to win!

38-35 koff 

You were off by the score but not the amount. Lol

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Coach0001 said:

Yep 2016 all over again 

I was thinking the same thing when we kicked it. Hutch called it too before the game started and at the same end of the field. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Studley if that’s how you spell it is yalls anchor on defense he was all over the field and ball all game. He is my Defense MVP!

DK has been outstanding this year. Kid is everywhere and quick too. Loves to hit too. He has filled in for Rush and may have surpassed him. That whole backer core has been great this year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Studley if that’s how you spell it is yalls anchor on defense he was all over the field and ball all game. He is my Defense MVP!

I'll agree to that. 

First off congrats to Malakoff on the win.  Knew it was coming at some point just really hoped it was next year... :)  I told folks this would either be a game that GV jumped out to a 2 to 3 TD lead or it would be a nail biter to the end.  GV had their chances to get it to that lead in the first half just couldn't capitalize on it.  The first fumble was a sensational play by the defender to punch the ball out and the second was either an alignment issue or a bad snap or something. The ball going off the up backs leg directly to the right to the feet of the Malakoff defender was just one of those football things.  GV played better in the first half and Malakoff better in the second.  GV struggled all year coming out in the 2nd half and dealing with adjustments and you saw it on Friday.  Even after all of that for them to still tie it up with 3:00 minuets left says a lot about this team.  The play in the end zone that lead to the Malakoff TD was a head scratcher but GV still had chances after that.  On that last drive they had a 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 16 and couldn't get off the field.  End of the day the better team won on this day so tip of the hat.  Now go win it all..y'all deserve it.

Side note...so the first fumble that went toward the end zone and Malakoff recovered and the player went out the back of the end zone.  I saw some debate on whether that should have been a safety or the touchback that it was ultimately called.  I am not sure what the ruling just curious if anyone had any insight on why it was called the way it was?

Proud of the Zebras and the 4 year run they have been on.  53-6, 2 state titles and getting to watch one of the best HS players in the last several years play was a treat.  Who knows what next year will bring but the Zebras will be ready to make another run and keep the Malakoff series going I hope.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

First off congrats to Malakoff on the win.  Knew it was coming at some point just really hoped it was next year... :)  I told folks this would either be a game that GV jumped out to a 2 to 3 TD lead or it would be a nail biter to the end.  GV had their chances to get it to that lead in the first half just couldn't capitalize on it.  The first fumble was a sensational play by the defender to punch the ball out and the second was either an alignment issue or a bad snap or something. The ball going off the up backs leg directly to the right to the feet of the Malakoff defender was just one of those football things.  GV played better in the first half and Malakoff better in the second.  GV struggled all year coming out in the 2nd half and dealing with adjustments and you saw it on Friday.  Even after all of that for them to still tie it up with 3:00 minuets left says a lot about this team.  The play in the end zone that lead to the Malakoff TD was a head scratcher but GV still had chances after that.  On that last drive they had a 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 16 and couldn't get off the field.  End of the day the better team won on this day so tip of the hat.  Now go win it all..y'all deserve it.

Side note...so the first fumble that went toward the end zone and Malakoff recovered and the player went out the back of the end zone.  I saw some debate on whether that should have been a safety or the touchback that it was ultimately called.  I am not sure what the ruling just curious if anyone had any insight on why it was called the way it was?

Proud of the Zebras and the 4 year run they have been on.  53-6, 2 state titles and getting to watch one of the best HS players in the last several years play was a treat.  Who knows what next year will bring but the Zebras will be ready to make another run and keep the Malakoff series going I hope.

The last three years that we have played y'all has been a great series. You could tell after the game as each side started congratulated each other and the sportsmanship during the game that there is a lot of respect that each side has for one another. I do hope that we do continue playing each other and it continues to be a battle between us. 

Our time was coming and finally came. You guys have had some great teams over the years and a great run. It has been fun watching #3 doing his thing over the years and hope he goes on to play at the next level wherever that maybe. The unsung hero of y'alls defense #72, I hope he gets some offers to play on the next level as well. That kid was fun to watch too.