Who could beat #1 Carthage?

Crawford

• Crawford changed the title to Who could beat #1 Carthage?

The closest thing to a challenge for Carthage in the playoffs will be China Spring.  I don't think they will beat the Dawgs, but they will give them a good game.  Their only next closest thing to a challenge will be in the finals.  Still don't think anybody beats them.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

The closest thing to a challenge for Carthage in the playoffs will be China Spring.  I don't think they will beat the Dawgs, but they will give them a good game.  Their only next closest thing to a challenge will be in the finals.  Still don't think anybody beats them.

I agree. I think Carthage handles Salado next week and then probably a great game against China Spring. I’d love to see Carthage and Gilmer rematch in the championship. I think Carthage still wins but if Gilmer can limit turnovers the as much the next time it could be a closer game!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

In reality, probably not.  Way different offensive capabilities and.......Surratt. 

I don’t necessarily disagree, but you better go run and hide. I fear for your safety. Lol.  The Church of the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers will be hunting you now.

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I don’t necessarily disagree, but you better go run and hide. I fear for your safety. Lol.  The Church of the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers will be hunting you now.

I know it, as I was posting I had this not-so-fleeting thought that as soon as I type anything other than complete and total praise for ‘83 Daingerfield I’d be in serious trouble.

At the same time, you have to be logical about a hypothetical matchup of that magnitude. 

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I know it, as I was posting I had this not-so-fleeting thought that as soon as I type anything other than complete and total praise for ‘83 Daingerfield I’d be in serious trouble.

At the same time, you have to be logical about a hypothetical matchup of that magnitude. 

Back in the day Alexander was the gold-standard.  How many titles did bring to the Tigers? 2...3?  Coach S is on a collision course with #8 and only he can end the run if you know what I mean.  JS

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Back in the day Alexander was the gold-standard.  How many titles did bring to the Tigers? 2...3?  Coach S is on a collision course with #8 and only he can end the run if you know what I mean.  JS

For the record... Carthage’s successes of that are to a large part, due to the Awesome Defense that totally dominates in each & every contest. Let’s all take a moment to give credit to the other side of the coin with Darren Preston, The Architect of Carthage’s “Light’s Out” Defense...

The man just doesn’t get enough credit where credit is due; Carry on!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

For the record... Carthage’s successes of that are to a large part, due to the Awesome Defense that totally dominates in each & every contest. Let’s all take a moment to give credit to the other side of the coin with Darren Preston, The Architect of Carthage’s “Light’s Out” Defense...

The man just doesn’t get enough credit where credit is due; Carry on!

100% agree. Doomer would say " Dawgz defense made 'em feel like they had Milkbone flavored underwear!"

4 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Salado beat China Spring in district 28 - 14.   So if C S can play Carthage tough, I would say Salado can also.