Who could beat #1 Carthage?

Crawford

1 minute ago, bansheefan03 said:

I agree carthage looks to be unbeatable  but any givin night that could easily  change stay humbled  carthage fans 

There are plenty of us old Dawgs that still vividly remember less fortunate times; But it IS hard not to get caught  up in this Wonderful wave of success...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

For the record... Carthage’s successes of that are to a large part, due to the Awesome Defense that totally dominates in each & every contest. Let’s all take a moment to give credit to the other side of the coin with Darren Preston, The Architect of Carthage’s “Light’s Out” Defense...

The man just doesn’t get enough credit where credit is due; Carry on!

Agree 100%!

10 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

For the record... Carthage’s successes of that are to a large part, due to the Awesome Defense that totally dominates in each & every contest. Let’s all take a moment to give credit to the other side of the coin with Darren Preston, The Architect of Carthage’s “Light’s Out” Defense...

The man just doesn’t get enough credit where credit is due; Carry on!

Yes sir,  no doubt!

no one  will beat this year  i do belive thrtr rain will be

13 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

The closest thing to a challenge for Carthage in the playoffs will be China Spring.  I don't think they will beat the Dawgs, but they will give them a good game.  Their only next closest thing to a challenge will be in the finals.  Still don't think anybody beats them.

22 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Don’t forget the PG game was 7-7 at the half.   Carthage did pull away but in any football game a few turnovers could make a BIG difference.   Also, several years back the Graham Steers gave them all they wanted.   13-12 in 09

Don’t forget Carthage outscored PG 28-0 in the second half to win comfortably. Graham in 2009? That’s reaching!

1 hour ago, CtownBigDawg said:

Don’t forget Carthage outscored PG 28-0 in the second half to win comfortably. Graham in 2009? That’s reaching!

I am a huge fan of the Dawgs, much respect.  I know they have the best team in 4A but crazier things have happened.  Heck you have to reach to find a Carthage loss or close game.  LOL.   

• Like 2

Man, it’s high school football. Teenage boys. Every game from here on has potential problems. Anything can happen.

As a parent of a CISD student, I can tell you that the contact tracing is a dang mess. I got one quarantined right now. The methodology is a joke. But I don’t think any school has it right.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I wish they would what another week of Great football. Notice a difference than just adding a playoff team at the start lol. I honestly wouldn’t know you would win since Carthage has absolutely no real competition in D2.

You can be beat on any given Friday, so no real competition in D2 is absurd. If we were to make it to the state game and win that game by a large margin, then you could possibly say there is "no real competition in D2". We have watched some very athletic teams so far this year, I believe coaching made a big difference in the score at the end of a few games. Some teams have fewer players and several kids are playing both ways, they are gassed by late in the 3rd quarter. Of course that is not always the case, but we have played some high ranked teams this year and will continue to play ranked teams in the playoffs. Go Dawgs!!

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 8:20 AM, CtownBigDawg said:

Turnovers I think was what he was saying. I believe PG had 3 Killer turnovers in the 3rd Quarter that helped Carthage pull away. The Point is Carthage doesn't need any help. You cannot make things easier for them or they will make you pay with huge Interest.

4 hours ago, WildTexan said:

IMHO no class 4A1 or 4A2 div high school can complete with Carthage this year. 

You would have to go up in class to 5A1 or 5A2 schools to play with Carthage this year.

Carthage could easy complete at 5A2 level this year.

Don’t tell those 5A schools that.....😂

• LOL! 1