Lampasas(9-0)vs CC Miller(7-4) Saturday @ 8 PM: Livestreamed on Rio Sports Live

regaleagle

Lampasas got a penalty for leading with the helmet called against Andrew Body on a tackle of Whitehead that moved the ball down to inside the 15.  Body made two more tackles in a row on Whitehead to stop Lampasas short.  On 4th and one from inside the 5.....Whitehead keeps it and is stopped short.  Miller's front line D makes the stop and Miller takes over.  One snap later Miller wins.  

Corpus Christi Miller    54

Lampasas     49

Final

A truly great contest even though I did not agree with call at the end of the game.  Body made a clean tackle of Whitehead, for sure.  But Miller did what a good team does and found a way to stop Lampasas at crunch time and ends the season for Lampasas in dramatic fashion.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that 6 min. plus drive Miller put together to start the 2nd half only passing the ball once ended up being the difference in this game.  Lampasas scored one more in the 2nd half, but ran out of time at the end.  Miller did a good job overall keeping Lampasas from scoring more.  Both defenses played better in the 2nd half.

Whitehead did take over offensively in the 2nd half and even more in the 4th quarter, but could not make up  the difference as Miller kept up their end of the scoring also.  The fumble by Body late that gave the ball to Lampasas was a critical turnover and gave Lampasas an opportunity to win this game.  Andrew Body went in at safety and was the reason Whitehead did not score.......without him back there Whitehead would have scored.  He made 3 game-saving tackles in a row for his team.......and then the D line made the final stop with less than a minute left on 4th and a little more than one yard inside the 5.  They stopped Whitehead cold at the LOS.  Lampasas had plenty of opportunities, but just did not convert when they really needed to.  

On 4th down, if Lampasas would have lined up in the same formation, ran the same style play other than option to the RB, I think they get the first down and scored.

Lampasas defense was not good enough to control C C  by playing 5 in the box last night and not good enough to play man-to-man with no safety help. Tough choice for the defensive coach and I think he did a really good job mixing things up. They seemed to be a step slower in the defensive backfield this year than last, but it just may have been how good C C skill guys were.