Carthage Defensive Coordinator, Darren Preston, could be the next coaching guru at the right school?

Pittstrike52

18 minutes ago, Pittstrike52 said:

What high school in East Texas could you see hiring this coach NEXT year and have immediate success? Hmmmmmmm......., Defensive genuineness is comparable to Scott Surratt's on the offensive side of the ball. What's y'all take on this?

He makes more as a DC in Carthage than he would as HC/AD at most East Texas schools.  So until his son graduates I think he likely stays put.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

He makes more as a DC in Carthage than he would as HC/AD at most East Texas schools.  So until his son graduates I think he likely stays put.

I think he'll be a great fit at Tyler High. He'll also be one of the highest paid coaches in East Texas. 

• Like 1

Just now, Valhalla said:

That all sounds great except when it comes to winning to all. 

He can turn them into winners. Tyler High is 2 years removed from playing in the 4th round. He could definitely win at Tyler High. The staff they have now has ran their course. They need new life.

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

This.....

Winning never gets old.  

And Carthage does it more than any program in East Texas.  And it's not even close.

If & when Surratt &/or Preston decide to leave, they’ll leave; In the mean time, they are building a record here that continues to grow & who knows how many more times they’ll lift The Trophy for Carthage? That is history in the making, in my opinion. They could set records at Carthage that might stand for decades... Maybe forever! 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

23 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Marshall, Henderson, Hallsville, Atlanta, or Jefferson should hire him.

The rest of 4a should pay him not to go to Henderson. With the talent pool they have he'd have their D lights out year 1. Then again Henderson usually plays decent D, it's that O that has always puzzled me.

18 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

If & when Surratt &/or Preston decide to leave, they’ll leave; In the mean time, they are building a record here that continues to grow & who knows how many more times they’ll lift The Trophy for Carthage? That is history in the making, in my opinion. They could set records at Carthage that might stand for decades... Maybe forever! 😉 

This...the grass is always greener until it's not.  What's Traylor doing these days?  Seems he's bounced around quite a bit since leaving the dynasty he created at Gilmer.  Not at all saying that would happen to Coach S and Coach P but there aren't any guarantees it won't either.  Coaching is a fickle profession.

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

This...the grass is always greener until it's not.  What's Traylor doing these days?  Seems he's bounced around quite a bit since leaving the dynasty he created at Gilmer.  Not at all saying that would happen to Coach S amd Coach P but there aren't any guarantees it won't either.  Coaching is a fickle profession.

Head coach at UTSA is not a bad gig.  But you are correct, no guarantees when changing jobs.