Jump to content

Carthage Defensive Coordinator, Darren Preston, could be the next coaching guru at the right school?


Recommended Posts

What high school in East Texas could you see hiring this coach NEXT year and have immediate success? Hmmmmmmm......., Defensive genuineness is comparable to Scott Surratt's on the offensive side of the ball. What's y'all take on this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loyal supporters - go sit in the middle of the Carthage fans during a game and you will hear at least 20 people who think the can call a better offensive game than Little Belichick.  SMH. But in

This..... Winning never gets old.   And Carthage does it more than any program in East Texas.  And it's not even close.

I’m sure “We should have punted!” comes out from time to time.

18 minutes ago, Pittstrike52 said:

What high school in East Texas could you see hiring this coach NEXT year and have immediate success? Hmmmmmmm......., Defensive genuineness is comparable to Scott Surratt's on the offensive side of the ball. What's y'all take on this?

He makes more as a DC in Carthage than he would as HC/AD at most East Texas schools.  So until his son graduates I think he likely stays put.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

He makes more as a DC in Carthage than he would as HC/AD at most East Texas schools.  So until his son graduates I think he likely stays put.

I think he'll be a great fit at Tyler High. He'll also be one of the highest paid coaches in East Texas. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VonG said:

I think he'll be a great fit at Tyler High. He'll also be one of the highest paid coaches in East Texas. 

That all sounds great except when it comes to winning to all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valhalla said:

That all sounds great except when it comes to winning to all. 

He can turn them into winners. Tyler High is 2 years removed from playing in the 4th round. He could definitely win at Tyler High. The staff they have now has ran their course. They need new life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Why leave

This.....

Winning never gets old.  

And Carthage does it more than any program in East Texas.  And it's not even close.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Can’t make enough at ATL, Jeff and maybe Hendo.

I know of one of the schools that's not gonna renew the current AD's contract. And they have the money.

I'm not sure who they are after or if they will open it up (in which they should) IMO.

IDK anything about the other two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

This.....

Winning never gets old.  

And Carthage does it more than any program in East Texas.  And it's not even close.

If & when Surratt &/or Preston decide to leave, they’ll leave; In the mean time, they are building a record here that continues to grow & who knows how many more times they’ll lift The Trophy for Carthage? That is history in the making, in my opinion. They could set records at Carthage that might stand for decades... Maybe forever! 😉 

  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Marshall, Henderson, Hallsville, Atlanta, or Jefferson should hire him.

The rest of 4a should pay him not to go to Henderson. With the talent pool they have he'd have their D lights out year 1. Then again Henderson usually plays decent D, it's that O that has always puzzled me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...