Franklin (District 13 1 seed) vs Lexington (District 13 4 seed) @ Brenham cub stadium 7:30 Friday regional semi finals** Rivalry Rematch**

lionpride08

Franklin vs Lexington in a rivalry regional semifinals game.... Lexington is coming off a win over Taft 28-0

Franklin is coming off a 49 -20 win over Natalia

First meeting this year Franklin beat Lexington 49 - 14. Lexington was #3 at that time and Franklin #10.

Thoughts on this rivalry game?

• Like 1

• lionpride08 changed the title to Franklin (District 13 1 seed) vs Lexington (District 13 4 seed) @ Brenham cub stadium 7:30 Friday regional semi finals** Rivalry Rematch**
3 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Lex is a new team since y’all played them last but....Franklin is the new favorite to go to state To face Canadian since newton got upset last night!

franklin by 2 scorea

Lexington has been playing better since they last met... But the scary thing is so has Franklin... Only thing is you never know what could happen In a rivalry game

53 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Lex is a new team since y’all played them last but....Franklin is the new favorite to go to state To face Canadian since newton got upset last night!

franklin by 2 scorea

Says who lol EF and Waskom whoever wins Region 3 will beat Franklin it won’t even be close just remember you heard it here first. 

3 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Games ain’t won on paper or using a computer lol Franklin is not on the same level with any of the top teams in region 3 and that’s ok 

Have you seen them play this year??? This could very well be the best team they have ever had..... Or you just goin by what you think?

We actually have a good team with a great offense not 1 player like Newton we will be fine!  

Lol one player? Laughable. Newton was out coached last night straight up and PP came to play. Unlike ef Newton can #### it up move on and congratulate other teams that beat us without being haters. smh

Games ain’t won on paper or using a computer lol Franklin is not on the same level with any of the top teams in region 3 and that’s ok 

I think Waskom or PP versus Franklin would be a great game. They have consistently delivered the goods and not teased their fans.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Have you seen them play this year??? This could very well be the best team they have ever had..... Or you just goin by what you think?

I not saying they are not good I was giving my opinion and yes I have watched a few games on film I try to study anyone I think EF might have to play.  

31 minutes ago, EaglesN2000 said:

Lol one player? Laughable. Newton was out coached last night straight up and PP came to play. Unlike ef Newton can #### it up move on and congratulate other teams that beat us without being haters. smh

Anyone who had watched film Of Newton knew how to beat them just not many teams with the ability to pull it off they ran into one of those teams and got beat yes they was out coached. 

51 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Anyone who had watched film Of Newton knew how to beat them just not many teams with the ability to pull it off they ran into one of those teams and got beat yes they was out coached. 

It’s all good, we aren’t butthurt. Everybody knows we always bounce back! 
Best of luck to Franklin! Tough team with classy fans!

• Like 1

For those who don't know this rivalry runs deep and started in 1978... Franklin met Lexington in the state semifinals that year. Franklin was up 21-6 in the 4th quarter with about 3-4 minutes left in the game. Lexington throws a bomb td then gets the 2 point to make it 21-14, gets onside then throws another bomb down to the 15 yard line or so. Lexington drops back throws ball to the endzone right to a franklin player but he drops the interception. Next play lexington scores a td goes for 2 and gets it and holds on to win 22-21. Franklin has had some players that have attended the games all season. One man even stated that he has waited since the 1978 season for Franklin to return the favor from many years ago.

In 2006 Lexington was ranked #1 in the state had 9 D1 players on the team and had the number 1 defense in the division during regular season. They kept the starters in the whole game against a young Franklin team beating us 42-0. Coach Mike Hedrick said after that game to his team " if no one wants to show us mercy when we are down then we wont show mercy when we are up". I cant tell you the lexington side of the rivalry but this is some of the franklin side.