Reg. Semi Mineola vs Mount Vernon 27th 1pm Sulphur Springs

gamewatcher63

MINEOLA vs MV   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

2 minutes ago, intheknow said:

I became "intheknow" by asking guys like you.

Just saw on the Madison thread that he went out in the first half.  Hope the kid is able to play.  Good talent and great competitor.

Just having fun...he went out with what looked like a leg injury, just a typical tackle after a run... didn't look bad in any way. I think they kept him out in the second half just to be safe. I'm not "intheknow" with any MHS inside info...just my opinion. Hope he plays as well, fun to watch. But if not the Jackets have players that can step up. Time to play all out.

I think Mineola will have the edge because they are capable of playing some pretty good defense. Mineola has the type of offense that has given MV fits this year (losses to Potts and Winny for example) and they have the ability to grind it out and use the clock and keep the ball away from MV's high powered offense. Still going to be one of the better games and should be fun to watch. The one thing you can never plan on are the turnovers...this deep in the playoffs the team that has the fewest almost always will win.

Mineola by a touchdown.

Should be a really good game as long as 22 is 100%. I dont think its too far fetched to say the winner of this game is going to be at minimum 2 td dogs next week to whoever wins that game. BUT they will have made it to the 4th round and thats a great accomplishment.

11 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

I think Mineola will have the edge because they are capable of playing some pretty good defense. Mineola has the type of offense that has given MV fits this year (losses to Potts and Winny for example) and they have the ability to grind it out and use the clock and keep the ball away from MV's high powered offense. Still going to be one of the better games and should be fun to watch. The one thing you can never plan on are the turnovers...this deep in the playoffs the team that has the fewest almost always will win.

Mineola by a touchdown.

Potts and Winny are absolute opposites on offense. Mineola does run the ball very well, but when you can sell out to stop the run they can be slowed down. They scored 2 TDs off of play action to pendergrass for long TDs. I feel like you still have to sell out to stop the run and take your chances on their play action deep ball. With it being 3rd round of playoffs and atmosphere is heightened, and pressure is on, it makes it a little harder for most to throw the ball accurately. Especially when you don’t do it much 

14 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Potts and Winny are absolute opposites on offense. Mineola does run the ball very well, but when you can sell out to stop the run they can be slowed down. They scored 2 TDs off of play action to pendergrass for long TDs. I feel like you still have to sell out to stop the run and take your chances on their play action deep ball. With it being 3rd round of playoffs and atmosphere is heightened, and pressure is on, it makes it a little harder for most to throw the ball accurately. Especially when you don’t do it much 

Potts and Winny are not "opposites" on offense...they run completely different types of offenses but both are run heavy offenses. The bottom line is both run heavy offenses beat MV and controlled the line of scrimmage. I think Minny will do the same this time around and Minny has the defense to limit MV's offense...that being said I think it will be close, but baring turnovers, I believe Minny will win...that's just my opinion and that is certainly not worth much...if anything!!! Good luck to both teams and most of all I pray that both teams come out free from injuries!!

6 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Potts and Winny are not "opposites" on offense...they run completely different types of offenses but both are run heavy offenses. The bottom line is both run heavy offenses beat MV and controlled the line of scrimmage. I think Minny will do the same this time around and Minny has the defense to limit MV's offense...that being said I think it will be close, but baring turnovers, I believe Minny will win...that's just my opinion and that is certainly not worth much...if anything!!! Good luck to both teams and most of all I pray that both teams come out free from injuries!!

I think you need to rewatch the tape on the Mt Vernon Pottsboro game. They didn’t control the line of scrimmage and run it at us. They beat us in the air and qb scrambling making plays. Their RB had maybe 30-40 yards. 
Not a bad prediction on the game, should be a great one. I like MV of course, in a close one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gamewatcher63 said:

I don't know who messed this up but NO TICKETS left 5 minutes after 10 am. Tried the whole time from 9:55, what a crock...  

Some MV folks are blaming one of their own for releasing a link of tickets prior to the proper time. I am curious as to why MV were able to get their tickets yesterday when Minny posted that today would be the day for their tickets? Seems odd. Also i would be very upset at SS people for only allotting 800 tickets to each team when the stadium holds over 6000 people. I think ultimately the blame should lie there.

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Some MV folks are blaming one of their own for releasing a link of tickets prior to the proper time. I am curious as to why MV were able to get their tickets yesterday when Minny posted that today would be the day for their tickets? Seems odd. Also i would be very upset at SS people for only allotting 800 tickets to each team when the stadium holds over 6000 people. I think ultimately the blame should lie there.

I have an idea of what happened but I will keep my mouth shut. Oh well, the Jackets should be ready for a lot of trickeration this time around, hook and ladder, backwards bounce pass and fool the defense that it's a dead ball then toss it deep, ala Brock 2015. I would like to see Mineola just run it and get 4 yards a carry and burn the clock up. MV can't score without the ball. The play the Jacket D had trouble with last time was the quick screen pass outside, the DB's have to fight through the blocks and get to the ball and make solid tackles. GO JACKETS!!!

5 hours ago, chevyman said:

Dang, they must have hired the same people that ran the last election!!!