Kilgore vs Huffman Hargrave

kildog84

If Kilgore plays their game they will be hard to beat. I don't know if HH throws or runs more or they might be balanced. I know they only have one loss but just like El Campo they haven't played any team that is worth talking about. I think Palestine would be the only team for me that could hold water. I think their Defense is their strength they haven't allowed a lot points but back to the team's they played. I'm not taking them for granted though I know they will try trick plays on Offense Kilgore will need to be smart and stay home.

I'm gonna say a score somewhere around

HH 14

Kilgore 35

57 minutes ago, lugnut said:

Is there a limited number allowed in the Jasper stadium? General admission at the gate? Just trying to figure out whether it is worth the drove down there.

Jasper stadium is a nice 4A stadium. I would guess anyone wanting a ticket on the home side can get one.  And probably on the visitor side. 

7 hours ago, lugnut said:

Is there a limited number allowed in the Jasper stadium? General admission at the gate? Just trying to figure out whether it is worth the drove down there.

When Vidor played in Jasper back in mid October there were still limited seats and they were all general admission. But the stadium is nice and recently built with great turf. Visitor seating is kinda small though.

If Kilgore defense plays like they did Friday night, I dont expect it to be close. Kilgore also gets two starters back on defense. Their offense pretty well balanced. I'll say the score will be something like

Kilgore- 31

HH- 14

Depending on the defensive play.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

If Kilgore defense plays like they did Friday night, I dont expect it to be close. Kilgore also gets two starters back on defense. Their offense pretty well balanced. I'll say the score will be something like

Kilgore- 31

HH- 14

Depending on the defensive play.

Who were they missing?

With all due respect to Huffman, there's really not anything on their resume that will give Kilgore heartburn. Yes they may have 10 wins, but a lot of those were tight games against some extremely mediocre competition. Huffman's offense appears to be on the struggle bus this season and it won't get any better against Kilgore's defense and the way they're playing. Huffman's defense hasn't given up many points, but Kilgore's offense will be the best one they've faced. 

• Like 3

I’d love to say Huffman was going to win, but realistically the best they can hope for is to keep it decent.  Unless HH plays over their heads, this one could get ugly.   They’re a good solid team that makes few mistakes, but they’re not in Kilgore’s league.   Still, I’ll be pulling for the Falcons, but see them as a 3 TD underdogs.

• Like 2