Rematch Lindale vs Chapel Hill

Jakeelee05

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

I noticed Lindale has a nice size offensive line. No wonder Jenkins can run for all  those yards and score that many touchdowns. You know who is getting the ball but you still can't stop him.

Yea definitely have to give credit to the line. Lot of seniors on the line. Not huge but quick and athletic 

CH is on fire.  No doubt they have a tough game next week.  Lindale will bring a huge crowd, and I think CH will also.  I believe that everything has to go CH's way.  Fumbles, INT's ect..  They dominated Stafford way more than the score shows.  I think they had 3 turnovers and CH didnt capitalize on 2 of them.  
That is the what they will HAVE to do to Lindale.

Cant see it being 50 something to 6 again.  

I cant pick.  In round 3, you never know what will happen.

He may well be, but I am hesitant to place the GOAT tag on any player very easily.  There are so many circumstances to take into consideration.

Lindale dropped a division.  They have as mentioned a great offensive line, which makes a huge difference.  Certainly they have made it to third round but faced a fourth place and runner up and face another fourth place team this round.

In 1981, Lindale was 9-0 but unfortunately shared a district with eventual state champ runner up Gilmer and only 1 team went to playoffs.  So all the teams Gilmer beat to get to the final were district champs.

And there are great seasons in the past by Eagle players on lessor teams not captured in stats section.

And KC Chiefs QB's daddy was a stud QB too.  I remember watching him vs Daingerfield.  But the overall team was not as good.

All of this to say he may indeed be Lindale's GOAT, and definitely Jenkins is in the conversation if not (including other Jenkinses from the past).  Not to mention players from other positions who excelled as well.  So it is hard for me to tag a number 1.

Kind of like the LeBron / Jordan debate.  We all have our thoughts. 

But cant say he is not either.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Polar_Bear said:

He may well be, but I am hesitant to place the GOAT tag on any player very easily.  There are so many circumstances to take into consideration.

Lindale dropped a division.  They have as mentioned a great offensive line, which makes a huge difference.  Certainly they have made it to third round but faced a fourth place and runner up and face another fourth place team this round.

In 1981, Lindale was 9-0 but unfortunately shared a district with eventual state champ runner up Gilmer and only 1 team went to playoffs.  So all the teams Gilmer beat to get to the final were district champs.

And there are great seasons in the past by Eagle players on lessor teams not captured in stats section.

And KC Chiefs QB's daddy was a stud QB too.  I remember watching him vs Daingerfield.  But the overall team was not as good.

All of this to say he may indeed be Lindale's GOAT, and definitely Jenkins is in the conversation if not (including other Jenkinses from the past).  Not to mention players from other positions who excelled as well.  So it is hard for me to tag a number 1.

Kind of like the LeBron / Jordan debate.  We all have our thoughts. 

But cant say he is not either.

I believe jenkins was all state in 5A so i dont think the classification really matters. I would say he is definitely the best running back lindale has ever had in my opinion. But ive only really kept up with them since late 90's. I will be excited to watch him play at the next level:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Yea definitely have to give credit to the line. Lot of seniors on the line. Not huge but quick and athletic 

I think they actually have two seniors, one junior, and two sophomores starting on the offensive line. Seems that the sophomores have really grown up this year.

57 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I think they actually have two seniors, one junior, and two sophomores starting on the offensive line. Seems that the sophomores have really grown up this year.

Yea the center is a friend of the family’s son. He’s a sophomore