The Smoakhouse Forums

Rematch Lindale vs Chapel Hill

Show of hands from anyone in 5A that’s shocked to see Lindale’s success in 4A. 

*no one*  

In spite of being one of the smallest 5A schools in the state they always commanded respect from Ennis, John Tyler, Lufkin, Marshall, Whitehouse....whomever. 

They were never an easy out.

As a former rival of theirs......Im thrilled to see them so well.  

Planning on making it to the game this Friday. 

Congrats Lindale.  This Maverick is pulling for you. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was highly entertaining. Lindale scores a TD with about 2 mins left in the game to go up 47-38. Ball game over, right? Nope. Kilgore blocks the PAT and runs it back for 2 points to make it a one po

Jenkins is a great player and should be celebrated.  However, I don’t agree with you.  Just because he’s the “greatest” Lindale has ever had, doesn’t mean he’s the most productive back in East Texas h

Agreed.  But the radio guys are good.

9 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

*no one*  

In spite of being one of the smallest 5A schools in the state they always commanded respect from Ennis, John Tyler, Lufkin, Marshall, Whitehouse....whomever. 

Not at all. People may forget Lindale actually won a 5A district championship in 2009 when they were up the first time. They are currently the largest 4A team in the state from what I remember about the cutoff last Feb. I think they were under by 5 (?) something like that.

Here in Jacksonville, we are certainly hoping to drop to 4A as we have been at the low end of 5A for several years. Not a cure as many 4A D1 programs are tough— like Lindale. But Lindale shows what happens when you drop. Palestine dropped to 4A in 2004 AP (after Peterson). They went to the semifinals in 2004. Just saying.... 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not at all. People may forget Lindale actually won a 5A district championship in 2009 when they were up the first time. They are currently the largest 4A team in the state from what I remember about the cutoff last Feb. I think they were under by 5 (?) something like that.

Here in Jacksonville, we are certainly hoping to drop to 4A as we have been at the low end of 5A for several years. Not a cure as many 4A D1 programs are tough— like Lindale. But Lindale shows what happens when you drop. Palestine dropped to 4A in 2004 AP (after Peterson). They went to the semifinals in 2004. Just saying.... 

You'll drop soon enough. The cutoff numbers are steady increasing because the burbs are steady growing. I don't believe Jacksonville is growing like that. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

*no one*  

I always wondered teams like Whitehouse and Nac would have totally different programs in 4a. I realize they’re no where near that but Jacksonville wouldn’t be 1-9 but I don’t think they would automatic either. Henderson only one I seen with immediate success. Chapel Hill and Carthage took some time. Kilgore was good as well but they were competitive before.

Amazingly, this game is a rematch, and as I look into my crystal ball, I see..... well, we’ll discuss it next week.

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as, they might see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

6 minutes ago, VonG said:

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as they see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

I think lobo stadium might be the place if it up to Kilgore  but I’d like to see that one at rose too 

25 minutes ago, VonG said:

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as they see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

My guess is they would “flip” for those 2 stadiums, if available. Either way, not a bad place to play. 

15 hours ago, VonG said:

Whether Chapel Hill or Lindale wins. If Kilgore wins. Do they play at 🌹 🏟  or Lobos 🏟 ? I can see Lindale or Chapel Hill vying for the 🌹. Not saying Kilgore won't mind playing there. But I take it as, they might see that as home game for Chapel Hill or Lindale. 

As someone else said, definitely would be a flip involved.

But I'd add another Longview stadium into the mix, PT.

Reason being is I'm not sure how available Rose and Lobo will be next week. Tyler and Legacy both have home games next week...and Lobo hosts playoff games like crazy so no telling. I already heard PG-Gilmer is eye balling Lobo next week. Not to mention West Rusk-Waskom vs Pewitt-Elysian Fields could be at Lobo next week too.

PT has a home game next Friday but Saturday looks open.

7 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

not for sure, but I heard they were trying to get all 4 teams to agree on SFA next week..??..I am not for sure though

That throws a monkey wrench into the plans.

19 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I always wondered teams like Whitehouse and Nac would have totally different programs in 4a. I realize they’re no where near that but Jacksonville wouldn’t be 1-9 but I don’t think they would automatic either. Henderson only one I seen with immediate success. Chapel Hill and Carthage took some time. Kilgore was good as well but they were competitive before.

We dropped to 4A in 2002. It took us 4 years to make the playoffs. We didn’t have much success against the likes of Palestine Jax Henderson Whitehouse etc during that run. 

On 11/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, 3rdcoastent said:

I think they away team probaly why they sold so quick they must have less for visitors side

After the new press box was put it in the visitor side actually has more seats than the home side at Rose.

23 hours ago, VonG said:

The visitor's side always had more seats than the home side. Remember the home side has 2 reserve sections and the visitor side has 1.

Did not think about that. I just knew they removed some home seats for the press box. Legacy and Tyler High’s bands have been sitting in the scoreboard endzone area this season. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:47 PM, VonG said:

I was looking at his stats from his sophomore year until now. I can't think of another running back from East Texas besides Shead from Cayuga that can match his productivity. Especially when it comes to scoring touchdowns. We are witnessing greatness right before our eyes. 

Jenkins is a great player and should be celebrated.  However, I don’t agree with you.  Just because he’s the “greatest” Lindale has ever had, doesn’t mean he’s the most productive back in East Texas history.   Just in recent years (the last 20) I can think of these guys below, plus there are probably several more. 

Adrian Peterson

Bryce Beall

Cam Haller

Cody Glen

Jackie Robinson

Jamario Thomas

Javorskie Lane

Jermie Calhoun

Justin Johnson

Keith Gilliam

Kendall Hunter

Keontay Ingram

Ladarius Anthony

LaMichael James

Lennon Creer

Matthew Tucker

Tevin Pipkin

Tra Carson

Traylon Shead

Tyrone Ross

Vondrell McGee

Every one of these guys on this list was an example of greatness.  Be glad you get to watch Jenkins make Lindale history, but be careful putting him up on a pedestal that ignores the greatness we’ve witnessed all over East Texas.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

Jenkins is a great player and should be celebrated.  However, I don’t agree with you.  Just because he’s the “greatest” Lindale has ever had, doesn’t mean he’s the most productive back in East Texas history.   Just in recent years (the last 20) I can think of these guys below, plus there are probably several more. 

Adrian Peterson

Bryce Beall

Cam Haller

Cody Glen

Jackie Robinson

Jamario Thomas

Javorskie Lane

Jermie Calhoun

Justin Johnson

Keith Gilliam

Kendall Hunter

Keontay Ingram

Ladarius Anthony

LaMichael James

Lennon Creer

Matthew Tucker

Tevin Pipkin

Tra Carson

Traylon Shead

Tyrone Ross

Vondrell McGee

Every one of these guys on this list was an example of greatness.  Be glad you get to watch Jenkins make Lindale history, but be careful putting him up on a pedestal that ignores the greatness we’ve witnessed all over East Texas.

You misread what I was saying. I never said he was the best back in East TX history. I said I couldn't think of one that has that type of production. Doesn't mean there isn't one. It's some guys who can match him in yards. Not many can match him in touchdowns.  I'm looking at everything. 

• Thumbs Down 1
59 minutes ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Gameday!! Looks like the weather will hold out!! Proud of our district. Lets see how this one unfolds. Lets go Lindale! All in!

Best of luck Eagles!!

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Seen chatter about how CH has improved since the first meeting. I agree. Has Lindale not improved? Stayed same? 

Yes Lindale has improved. Our offense has been stout all year but defense has definitely gotten better. Don’t get me wrong our defense isn’t just amazing but have definitely gotten better