Final Caddo Mills 35 Pleasant Grove 31---Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs. Caddo Mills @ Royse City ISD Stadium 2:00 p.m. Friday November 27, 2020

micotrav

This is going to be a good one!

The Texarkana Pleasant Grove Hawks (9-3) vs. the Caddo Mills Foxes (11-0)!

Royse City ISD Stadium always puts on the glitz, the Ritz and the pazzazz for a playoff atmosphere, that celebrates these athletes accomplishments.

This year has been a downer, but this week is going to bring up the the spirit of both communities and the entire Northeast Texas football fandom.  Perennial favorite Texarkana Pleasant Grove always features some of the very best young talent in the state, and this year, Region II welcomes an amazing undefeated Caddo Mills Foxes football team that looks to challenge the Hawks long standing position of breaking out of the Region and well into the finals to challenge for another state title.  

Kickoff is at 2:00 p.m.  Who you got? 

Edited by micotrav

Caddo one of the remaining undefeated teams.  Their offense is pass oriented.  Just unsure how their competition stacks up.  Dominated Van even with those 4 onside kick turnovers.  Curious about PG's lines.  They are typically very good but I don't know about this year.  

Almost too close to call. PG has all the offensive power and so does Caddo Mills.  PG O\Line are the real deal.  So is Caddo Mills.  PG schedule is a gauntlet of state champions, Caddo Mills is not as impressive, but still not a easy stepping stone to get to this game.  Tangibles in this game have got to be on the defensive side of the ball. Leadership may be on the Caddo Mills Senior laden squad. Coaching at PG is the best anywhere and Caddo's young squad of coaches are very, very good. PG may have the best speed that Caddo has faced this season. CM has a QB that plays like a Patrick Mahomes, that can turn on a dime and then turn into a tailback for big yardage. Running game goes to PG.  Passing game goes to CM. CM is very good on creating a turnover and turning that turnover into points.  Man, I like the guts and stamina of Caddo Mills, but the athleticism at PG is incredible.  If PG had won just one of those big games that they lost, I would automatically say PG wins this game.  However, they did not finish off their opponents in their biggest games and Caddo Mills never let off the throttle when they got ahead.  If Caddo can get a lead, they will win.  I'm saying they will create that opportunity and win this one...Caddo Mills 44 Pleasant Grove 41.  Good luck to both, because this is a game that should be played in the final. 

This year PG squad is a run oriented unit.  The team is very good with this run game they don't make many mistakes (4 yards and cloud of dust).  They eat up game clock with the run game which keep ball out of the offense hands.  PG scores on 50% to 60% of their possessions.   PG three losses this year have come against state ranked 4AII schools (Argyle 52-41 - Carthage 35-7 - Gilmer 31-28).  Two of PG Div 1 commit's were not playing in these games.  

PG defense is best against the run,  PG may be little weaker against the passing attack of Caddo Mills.  For CM to win the the game they will have to play mistake free and hit on 70 to 75% of their passes attempted. 

Let take a look at common opponent Community (Nevada)   CM beat Community 29 -11 ---- PG beat Community 42 - 0

CM will get 8 possession and score on 3  -- PG will get 8 possessions and will score on 6

Final score PG 42   CM 21

• Like 1

9 hours ago, micotrav said:

Almost too close to call. PG has all the offensive power and so does Caddo Mills.  PG O\Line are the real deal.  So is Caddo Mills.  PG schedule is a gauntlet of state champions, Caddo Mills is not as impressive, but still not a easy stepping stone to get to this game.  Tangibles in this game have got to be on the defensive side of the ball. Leadership may be on the Caddo Mills Senior laden squad. Coaching at PG is the best anywhere and Caddo's young squad of coaches are very, very good. PG may have the best speed that Caddo has faced this season. CM has a QB that plays like a Patrick Mahomes, that can turn on a dime and then turn into a tailback for big yardage. Running game goes to PG.  Passing game goes to CM. CM is very good on creating a turnover and turning that turnover into points.  Man, I like the guts and stamina of Caddo Mills, but the athleticism at PG is incredible.  If PG had won just one of those big games that they lost, I would automatically say PG wins this game.  However, they did not finish off their opponents in their biggest games and Caddo Mills never let off the throttle when they got ahead.  If Caddo can get a lead, they will win.  I'm saying they will create that opportunity and win this one...Caddo Mills 44 Pleasant Grove 41.  Good luck to both, because this is a game that should be played in the final. 

Buttering biscuits for more playoff games I see!!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WildTexan said:

This year PG squad is a run oriented unit.  The team is very good with this run game they don't make many mistakes (4 yards and cloud of dust).  They eat up game clock with the run game which keep ball out of the offense hands.  PG scores on 50% to 60% of their possessions.   PG three losses this year have come against state ranked 4AII schools (Argyle 52-41 - Carthage 35-7 - Gilmer 31-28).  Two of PG Div 1 commit's were not playing in these games.  

PG defense is best against the run,  PG may be little weaker against the passing attack of Caddo Mills.  For CM to win the the game they will have to play mistake free and hit on 70 to 75% of their passes attempted. 

Let take a look at common opponent Community (Nevada)   CM beat Community 29 -11 ---- PG beat Community 42 - 0

CM will get 8 possession and score on 3  -- PG will get 8 possessions and will score on 6

Final score PG 42   CM 21

Who were the two D1 commits that did not play against Carthage? Jackson and Martin played entire game. Honest question, because i don't know how many other D1 commits there are on PG. 

7 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Burris has been out all year.    Jackson has been out since week 9.   Martin and Phillips have been there all year with both missing 1 game I think.  PG and Gilmer rematch coming soon.

I hope its just as epic a game as the last matchup. That was a lot of fun to watch.

55 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Buttering biscuits for more playoff games I see!!  

LOL!  It does look like it, but no, we do enjoy the playoff games and atmosphere.  It really is an all out community effort and a great time to support high school athletics.  We do the same for baseball, softball and basketball.  Of course football draws a larger crowd and it does take much more preparation, but with every event we host, we get to meet new folks, promote the experience of playoffs and help our kids at the same time. Often folks say this sounds like a political speech,  and I think that is because you just don't find many folks that still want to share some joy.  Best of luck to everyone wherever they may play, but if they choose Royse City ISD Stadium, we believe we know how to make those dreams come true for every child whether football player, coach, band, cheerleaders, flag runners, drill team, student body, parents or fans.  Playoff season!  Best time of the year!

11 hours ago, micotrav said:

A game that should be played in the final ???...…….Carthage and even Gilmer says hello.

• Like 4

• micotrav changed the title to Final Caddo Mills 35 Pleasant Grove 31---Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs. Caddo Mills @ Royse City ISD Stadium 2:00 p.m. Friday November 27, 2020