Final Caddo Mills 35 Pleasant Grove 31---Texarkana Pleasant Grove vs. Caddo Mills @ Royse City ISD Stadium 2:00 p.m. Friday November 27, 2020

micotrav

I attended this game as I live in Rockwall. First of all HUGE Crowd....what Social Distancing :)  2nd of All The big moment in this game and one of the most bizarre I've ever seen, was when PG forced a 3 and out to start the 3rd. You could feel PG getting ready to blow the game open to 31-14 but as fate had it the Caddo Mills Punter ,into the wind, kicked a line drive into the back leg of the PG defender 8 yards down field. Caddo Recovered it and then went on to score in a 19 play 7 minute drive. It was crazy and definitely had the PG team winded on defense. Their Defense stayed on the field virtually the entire 2nd half. A lot of questionable calls both ways but in the end it was just a gutsy play by the Caddo QB running for the TD in the end. Up until the last drive the PG defense really had held him in check running. I almost thought a Hold was going to be called in the middle of the field on his run. It was very very close but the back judge held his flag and maybe it was because they missed a couple during the game. In the end Caddo got the W over a Champion. Now I know it wasn't the same without PGs two defensive stars but nonetheless Caddo Mills did it and deserves credit. PG will look to reload and I hear they have some incredible youngsters coming up. I will take Gilmer in the Final 42-28

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

my question...why is Gibson engaging with an opposing player in a negative manner? that seems to be a bit odd...

I agree. But in fairness that kid was mouthing at the whole sideline and taunting them a bit. I don’t have an issue with the passion. I would assume Gibson was just telling him to be a little more classy? Who knows. It was just a bad look for the kid and Gibson to be sure