Traion Smith

Allheartnoquit

1 hour ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Just received word former Cameron out standing running back drowned in a fishing accident earlier today. 

prayers with his family!

Just seen that prayers for the greatest yoe player to ever take the field and centex top running back.... 7,620 rushing yards 3 time state champion... Prayers for his family

• Thanks 1

Traion led the Yoemen to 3 straight state championships and was on his way to a fourth, when he had a devastating knee injury right before halftime of the state championship game against Brock.   After that injury Traion leg was never the same.  
Traion was an outstanding young man.  RIP Traion.  Prayers for him and his family. 
Prayers for the other young man that drowned and for his family.  RIP

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VZCR said:

Traion Smith was a good as it gets. I was able to see him play 10-12 games and I never saw him taunt or disrespect an opponent. This is incredibly sad news.

Just got through watching his highlights on Hudl. Dam he was so good. Would have loved to seen him in college with a good leg.

All that said, I hear was a sweet kid with an infectious smile.

My heart goes out to his mom. I pray that he is with the Lord now.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, highschoolfootball99 said:

Just received word former Cameron out standing running back drowned in a fishing accident earlier today. 

prayers with his family!

Dang, that's so tragic. 

Prayers for the family.🙏

Traion was one of a kind for sure. He was a role model / hero on and off the field. He was a super nice guy that everyone looked up to. And everyone has a personal Traion Smith story, me included. Whenever we'd be out and run into him my girls would go, "Traion! Traion!" and he'd give a big smile and come over and say hi, shake my hand and let me take a picture of him and my kids. It's like the air was sucked out of our town Sunday and I'm just gutted about it. Prayers to his family, friends and loved ones. He'll never be forgotten.