1. 1. Who wins

• Sherman in a blowout
    • Tyler high in a blowout
    • Sherman in a close one
    • Tyler high in a close one
    • Tyler shouldn’t show
    • COVID WINS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2020 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Potentially Longview would win the head to head and points over Sherman if Tyler beats Sherman and Tyler loses to Longview? Which would help Tyler get the 4th spot if they beat Sherman? Correct me if I’m wrong. Help me @LoboFan07lol you genius when it comes to this @ANTI

If y'all beat Sherman and then lose to us to finish 3-3, you really need Sherman to lose to West so that they would finish 2-3. That's really the only way I can figure y'all would get in to be honest.

Sherman beating North was the worst case scenario for y'all.

Technically, if Longview loses to North tomorrow, then next week would turn into a win and you're in game. But the odds of that are...slim.

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

If y'all beat Sherman and then lose to us to finish 3-3, you really need Sherman to lose to West so that they would finish 2-3. That's really the only way I can figure y'all would get in to be honest.

Sherman beating North was the worst case scenario for y'all.

Technically, if Longview loses to North tomorrow, then next week would turn into a win and you're in game. But the odds of that are...slim.

But based on the newspaper the Longview Sherman game will be counted at the end of the season so wouldn’t that make Sherman 2-4 if they lose to west and us and y’all ? Since they would lose on points and head to head against y’all. 

40 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

But based on the newspaper the Longview Sherman game will be counted at the end of the season so wouldn’t that make Sherman 2-4 if they lose to west and us and y’all ? Since they would lose on points and head to head against y’all. 

The game itself won’t count. The only way it would come into place is if we tie at 4-1 at the end of the year...which is pretty likely at this point. We would do common opponents first, which at 4-1...we’d all be the same. Then it would go to points. And Longview should win that.

Record wise won’t change though.

26 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

The game itself won’t count. The only way it would come into place is if we tie at 4-1 at the end of the year...which is pretty likely at this point. We would do common opponents first, which at 4-1...we’d all be the same. Then it would go to points. And Longview should win that.

Record wise won’t change though.

Ok

5 minutes ago, 3rdcoastent said:

So is this game going on now cuss the lady who goes live is at the game  and there’s jt and Sherman playing is this varsity ?

I have the same question? I just saw where the sports guy from 56, post pregame at 1:30 game at 2:00, but I don’t see a game.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:48 AM, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Potentially Longview would win the head to head and points over Sherman if Tyler beats Sherman and Tyler loses to Longview? Which would help Tyler get the 4th spot if they beat Sherman? Correct me if I’m wrong. Help me @LoboFan07lol you genius when it comes to this @ANTI

I'm a realist. I don't expect JT to compete for state every yr. Some could blame it on demographic changes and etc. I don't except that, because everyone in East TX is dealing with that, including Longview.   However, I do expect them to put out a decent product every yr.  I can live with losses if the other team is good.  Took a loss to T-High this yr. Didn't bother me much because I knew they were going to be very good this yr.  I could take the other losses if they were to at least somewhat decent teams.  Lee isn't a great team, but they aren't trash.  BUT....North, Sherman, and Horn aren't good teams at all. If they were I be ok about it. But Sherman loss to Mt Pleasant 24-7.  Nothing against Mt Pleasant, but really.   

This team despite some of the losses earlier this yr, appear to be getting better.  You can see the young talent has potential.  They were avg. 400 yards of total offense a game.  Then something change.  And now you telling me that Sherman is nearly beating Tyler as bad as Texas High did. Cujo can't score on Sherman.  I wanna have faith they will turn this around. Maybe they will.  But they lost alot after Ward left, and they were still good.  They lost alot after Geo left, and they were still good. They lost alot Bryson left, and they still put out a respectable product.   This team for the last 2 yrs has been really bad, and now they don't have a freshman team. Clearly something  is happening to this program. Kids ain't coming out for this program like they should be. And the parents don't wan't their kids too, which says alot. 

People have said many things about this program and the leader for yrs. I defended Cujo. I didn't think this staff was as good as the 90s teams, maybe not even as good as Rush's teams.  But despite that, they beat Longview at Lobo a couple of times, beat LP, won 6a district title and had a few deep playoff runs. The wins don't lie.   But its clear to see that the program is not what it used to be for whatever reason.  This staff has earned the right to make it right, but I can't defend it anymore against those wanting change.  It may be time. Don't mean Cujo will get a better coach, but sometimes in life things run its course and its time to make a change for better or worse. 

6 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I'm a realist. I don't expect JT to compete for state every yr. Some could blame it on demographic changes and etc. I don't except that, because everyone in East TX is dealing with that, including Longview.   However, I do expect them to put out a decent product every yr.  I can live with losses if the other team is good.  Took a loss to T-High this yr. Didn't bother me much because I knew they were going to be very good this yr.  I could take the other losses if they were to at least somewhat decent teams.  Lee isn't a great team, but they aren't trash.  BUT....North, Sherman, and Horn aren't good teams at all. If they were I be ok about it. But Sherman loss to Mt Pleasant 24-7.  Nothing against Mt Pleasant, but really.   

This team despite some of the losses earlier this yr, appear to be getting better.  You can see the young talent has potential.  They were avg. 400 yards of total offense a game.  Then something change.  And now you telling me that Sherman is nearly beating Tyler as bad as Texas High did. Cujo can't score on Sherman.  I wanna have faith they will turn this around. Maybe they will.  But they lost alot after Ward left, and they were still good.  They lost alot after Geo left, and they were still good. They lost alot Bryson left, and they still put out a respectable product.   This team for the last 2 yrs has been really bad, and now they don't have a freshman team. Clearly something  is happening to this program. Kids ain't coming out for this program like they should be. And the parents don't wan't their kids too, which says alot. 

People have said many things about this program and the leader for yrs. I defended Cujo. I didn't think this staff was as good as the 90s teams, maybe not even as good as Rush's teams.  But despite that, they beat Longview at Lobo a couple of times, beat LP, won 6a district title and had a few deep playoff runs. The wins don't lie.   But its clear to see that the program is not what it used to be for whatever reason.  This staff has earned the right to make it right, but I can't defend it anymore against those wanting change.  It may be time. Don't mean Cujo will get a better coach, but sometimes in life things run its course and its time to make a change for better or worse. 

Holmes time is up he had a good run but he ain’t got it no more and his coaching staff shouldn’t have a job anywhere. We will be bottom feeders and that’s never been an expectation of our program. He gotta go for the best 

59 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

How many teams that are majority Hispanic good in football? Not many if any at all in East Texas. Demographics has alot to do with JT struggling. Also throw in the opinion (some will say a fact) poor coaching staff. That's a recipe for disaster. 

15 minutes ago, VonG said:

How many teams that are majority Hispanic good in football? Not many if any at all in East Texas. Demographics has alot to do with JT struggling. Also throw in the opinion (some will say a fact) poor coaching staff. That's a recipe for disaster. 

Duncanville, North Shore, Skyline, Longview, Temple, Converse Judson, Calallen, Manvel...I can keep going. 

Cujo has about 700 blacks in the school. In the 90s and early 2000s it range from about 900-1100. Longview demo has change as well.  It enough black kids combined with hispanics to put out a decent team. 

By the way, Mt Pleasant is nearly 70% Hispanic and they beat Sherman 24-7.  Mt Pleasant also beat Wylie East 49-6