Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

OAN Suspended Off YouTube For Lies


Recommended Posts

Oooooooops. So many lies to chose from, and I was told they were the new thing by some one on here. Sad! 
 

(From the award winning and worldwide respected New York Times.)
 

YouTube, under pressure over election falsehoods, suspends OAN for Covid-19 misinformation.

Nov. 24, 2020, 2:20 p.m. ETNov. 24, 2020

Nov. 24, 2020

By Daisuke Wakabayashi

One America News will be unable to upload new videos to or livestream on YouTube for a week.

YouTube suspended One America News Network, one of the right-wing channels aggressively pushing false claims about widespread election fraud, for violating its policies on misinformation.

But the misinformation that got OAN in trouble on Tuesday had nothing to do with the election. YouTube removed a video that violated its policies against content claiming that there is a guaranteed cure for Covid-19. YouTube said it issued a strike against the channel as part of its three-strike policy. That meant OAN is not permitted to upload new videos or livestream on the platform for one week.

The move came on the same day that a group of Democratic senators urged YouTube to reverse its policy of allowing videos containing election outcome misinformation and pushed the company to adopt more aggressive steps to curb the spread of false content and manipulated media ahead of crucial runoff elections for Georgia’s two Senate seats in January.

In the weeks after the election, OAN has published articles challenging the integrity of the vote and pushing President Trump’s false claims that there was election fraud. 

YouTube has said OAN is not an authoritative news source and stripped advertising from a few of its videos for undermining confidence in elections with “demonstrably false” information. However, the videos remained available on the platform, helping OAN to gain share among right-wing channels.

In addition to the one-week suspension, YouTube said it kicked OAN out of a program that allows partner channels to generate advertising revenue from videos for repeated violations of its COVID-19 misinformation policy and other infractions. One America News’s YouTube channel will remain up during the suspension.

OAN representatives could not immediately be reached for comment on Tuesday.

YouTube, which is owned by Google, has come under criticism for allowing videos spreading false claims of widespread election fraud under a policy that permits videos that comment on the outcome of an election.

“Like other companies, we allow discussions of this election’s results and the process of counting votes, and are continuing to closely monitor new developments,” Ivy Choi, a YouTube spokeswoman, said in a statement. “Our teams are working around the clock to quickly remove content that violates our policies and ensure that we are connecting people with authoritative information about elections.”

 

YouTube said it had surfaced videos from what it deemed to be authoritative news sources in search results and recommendations, while affixing a label to videos discussing election results. That label states that The Associated Press has called the election for Joseph R. Biden Jr. with a link to a results page on Google.

In a letter sent Tuesday to Susan Wojcicki, YouTube’s chief executive, four Democratic senators — Robert Menendez of New Jersey, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Gary Peters of Michigan and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — said they had “deep concern with the proliferation of misinformation” on the platform. The letter pointed to how one YouTube video with the baseless claim of voter fraud in Michigan had five million views.

“These videos seek to undermine our democracy and cast doubt on the legitimacy of President-elect Biden’s incoming administration,” the senators wrote. “Moreover, because the current president has not committed to a peaceful transition of power, misinformation and manipulated media content on your platform may fuel civil unrest.”

The senators also expressed concern about the runoff elections for the two Georgia Senate seats, because those races will garner “significant national interest.” In a series of questions to Ms. Wojcicki, the senators asked if YouTube would commit to removing false or misleading information about the 2020 election and the Georgia races. They asked the company to respond by Dec 4th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Oooooooops. So many lies to chose from, and I was told they were the new thing by some one on here. Sad! 
 

(From the award winning and worldwide respected New York Times.)
 

YouTube, under pressure over election falsehoods, suspends OAN for Covid-19 misinformation.

Nov. 24, 2020, 2:20 p.m. ETNov. 24, 2020

Nov. 24, 2020

By Daisuke Wakabayashi

One America News will be unable to upload new videos to or livestream on YouTube for a week.

YouTube suspended One America News Network, one of the right-wing channels aggressively pushing false claims about widespread election fraud, for violating its policies on misinformation.

But the misinformation that got OAN in trouble on Tuesday had nothing to do with the election. YouTube removed a video that violated its policies against content claiming that there is a guaranteed cure for Covid-19. YouTube said it issued a strike against the channel as part of its three-strike policy. That meant OAN is not permitted to upload new videos or livestream on the platform for one week.

The move came on the same day that a group of Democratic senators urged YouTube to reverse its policy of allowing videos containing election outcome misinformation and pushed the company to adopt more aggressive steps to curb the spread of false content and manipulated media ahead of crucial runoff elections for Georgia’s two Senate seats in January.

In the weeks after the election, OAN has published articles challenging the integrity of the vote and pushing President Trump’s false claims that there was election fraud. 

YouTube has said OAN is not an authoritative news source and stripped advertising from a few of its videos for undermining confidence in elections with “demonstrably false” information. However, the videos remained available on the platform, helping OAN to gain share among right-wing channels.

In addition to the one-week suspension, YouTube said it kicked OAN out of a program that allows partner channels to generate advertising revenue from videos for repeated violations of its COVID-19 misinformation policy and other infractions. One America News’s YouTube channel will remain up during the suspension.

OAN representatives could not immediately be reached for comment on Tuesday.

YouTube, which is owned by Google, has come under criticism for allowing videos spreading false claims of widespread election fraud under a policy that permits videos that comment on the outcome of an election.

“Like other companies, we allow discussions of this election’s results and the process of counting votes, and are continuing to closely monitor new developments,” Ivy Choi, a YouTube spokeswoman, said in a statement. “Our teams are working around the clock to quickly remove content that violates our policies and ensure that we are connecting people with authoritative information about elections.”

 

YouTube said it had surfaced videos from what it deemed to be authoritative news sources in search results and recommendations, while affixing a label to videos discussing election results. That label states that The Associated Press has called the election for Joseph R. Biden Jr. with a link to a results page on Google.

In a letter sent Tuesday to Susan Wojcicki, YouTube’s chief executive, four Democratic senators — Robert Menendez of New Jersey, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Gary Peters of Michigan and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — said they had “deep concern with the proliferation of misinformation” on the platform. The letter pointed to how one YouTube video with the baseless claim of voter fraud in Michigan had five million views.

“These videos seek to undermine our democracy and cast doubt on the legitimacy of President-elect Biden’s incoming administration,” the senators wrote. “Moreover, because the current president has not committed to a peaceful transition of power, misinformation and manipulated media content on your platform may fuel civil unrest.”

The senators also expressed concern about the runoff elections for the two Georgia Senate seats, because those races will garner “significant national interest.” In a series of questions to Ms. Wojcicki, the senators asked if YouTube would commit to removing false or misleading information about the 2020 election and the Georgia races. They asked the company to respond by Dec 4th. 

They would need to suspend CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC and all the other left wing sites if they suspend OOAN only problem YouTube is run by lefties who wouldn't know the truth if they heard it, but then again they heard the truth they just deny the truth. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh yes, the lefties new favorite thing. Censorship. The new Utopia is going to be awesome

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Award winning and worldwide respected New York Times.   Got an award for Russian Collusion stories, along with WaPo, another Award winner & worldwide respected POS.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/reminder-wapo-nyt-won-pulitzers-russia-collusion-ashe-schow

And let’s not forget the award winning NYT (WaPo & CNN) trashing a teenager from Kentucky, when he was the only innocent one there.  But Nick Sandmann is getting his revenge.  WaPo & CNN have already paid.  No doubt the NYT will pay more.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/10/02/court-rules-nick-sandmanns-lawsuits-against-nyt-abc-cbs-rolling-stone-can-proceed-979736

Btw, did this award winning POS cover fairly the Trump Presidency?   Don’t think so with 91% negative stories.   Sounds more like Pravda than real news.  

What can you say to convince me that the NYT is nothing more than a Propaganda Arm of the Left?

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hagar said:

Award winning and worldwide respected New York Times.   Got an award for Russian Collusion stories, along with WaPo, another Award winner & worldwide respected POS.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/reminder-wapo-nyt-won-pulitzers-russia-collusion-ashe-schow

And let’s not forget the award winning NYT (WaPo & CNN) trashing a teenager from Kentucky, when he was the only innocent one there.  But Nick Sandmann is getting his revenge.  WaPo & CNN have already paid.  No doubt the NYT will pay more.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/10/02/court-rules-nick-sandmanns-lawsuits-against-nyt-abc-cbs-rolling-stone-can-proceed-979736

Btw, did this award winning POS cover fairly the Trump Presidency?   Don’t think so with 91% negative stories.   Sounds more like Pravda than real news.  

What can you say to convince me that the NYT is nothing more than a Propaganda Arm of the Left?

Not to mention their editorial board.

But Barry put a rolling laughing emoji on your post. I have to ask him: Did the NYT ever really print a retraction and admit they were wrong about Nick Sandmann?

As far as YouTube censorship? Are you in favor of that? Or do you only want it when the people you disagree with do it? I'm still waiting to see how many Biden lies you acknowledge once he's inaugurated, versus how many are going to be "that's not really a lie because..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Not to mention their editorial board.

But Barry put a rolling laughing emoji on your post. I have to ask him: Did the NYT ever really print a retraction and admit they were wrong about Nick Sandmann?

As far as YouTube censorship? Are you in favor of that? Or do you only want it when the people you disagree with do it? I'm still waiting to see how many Biden lies you acknowledge once he's inaugurated, versus how many are going to be "that's not really a lie because..."

Is this rhetorical?  You already know the answer and so does he.  He won't admit it publicly because he doesn't want the communist label.  But....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Is this rhetorical?

Yes. But occasionally I will post a question like that to see where people's line is. I like to see how others respond, sometimes.

However, there are people out there who actively want to silence Conservative voices.

  • Thanks 2
  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hagar said:

Award winning and worldwide respected New York Times.   Got an award for Russian Collusion stories, along with WaPo, another Award winner & worldwide respected POS.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/reminder-wapo-nyt-won-pulitzers-russia-collusion-ashe-schow

And let’s not forget the award winning NYT (WaPo & CNN) trashing a teenager from Kentucky, when he was the only innocent one there.  But Nick Sandmann is getting his revenge.  WaPo & CNN have already paid.  No doubt the NYT will pay more.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/10/02/court-rules-nick-sandmanns-lawsuits-against-nyt-abc-cbs-rolling-stone-can-proceed-979736

Btw, did this award winning POS cover fairly the Trump Presidency?   Don’t think so with 91% negative stories.   Sounds more like Pravda than real news.  

What can you say to convince me that the NYT is nothing more than a Propaganda Arm of the Left?

 

 

 

 

PRAVDA

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Oooooooops. So many lies to chose from, and I was told they were the new thing by some one on here. Sad! 
 

(From the award winning and worldwide respected New York Times.)
 

YouTube, under pressure over election falsehoods, suspends OAN for Covid-19 misinformation.

Nov. 24, 2020, 2:20 p.m. ETNov. 24, 2020

Nov. 24, 2020

By Daisuke Wakabayashi

One America News will be unable to upload new videos to or livestream on YouTube for a week.

YouTube suspended One America News Network, one of the right-wing channels aggressively pushing false claims about widespread election fraud, for violating its policies on misinformation.

But the misinformation that got OAN in trouble on Tuesday had nothing to do with the election. YouTube removed a video that violated its policies against content claiming that there is a guaranteed cure for Covid-19. YouTube said it issued a strike against the channel as part of its three-strike policy. That meant OAN is not permitted to upload new videos or livestream on the platform for one week.

The move came on the same day that a group of Democratic senators urged YouTube to reverse its policy of allowing videos containing election outcome misinformation and pushed the company to adopt more aggressive steps to curb the spread of false content and manipulated media ahead of crucial runoff elections for Georgia’s two Senate seats in January.

In the weeks after the election, OAN has published articles challenging the integrity of the vote and pushing President Trump’s false claims that there was election fraud. 

YouTube has said OAN is not an authoritative news source and stripped advertising from a few of its videos for undermining confidence in elections with “demonstrably false” information. However, the videos remained available on the platform, helping OAN to gain share among right-wing channels.

In addition to the one-week suspension, YouTube said it kicked OAN out of a program that allows partner channels to generate advertising revenue from videos for repeated violations of its COVID-19 misinformation policy and other infractions. One America News’s YouTube channel will remain up during the suspension.

OAN representatives could not immediately be reached for comment on Tuesday.

YouTube, which is owned by Google, has come under criticism for allowing videos spreading false claims of widespread election fraud under a policy that permits videos that comment on the outcome of an election.

“Like other companies, we allow discussions of this election’s results and the process of counting votes, and are continuing to closely monitor new developments,” Ivy Choi, a YouTube spokeswoman, said in a statement. “Our teams are working around the clock to quickly remove content that violates our policies and ensure that we are connecting people with authoritative information about elections.”

 

YouTube said it had surfaced videos from what it deemed to be authoritative news sources in search results and recommendations, while affixing a label to videos discussing election results. That label states that The Associated Press has called the election for Joseph R. Biden Jr. with a link to a results page on Google.

In a letter sent Tuesday to Susan Wojcicki, YouTube’s chief executive, four Democratic senators — Robert Menendez of New Jersey, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Gary Peters of Michigan and Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — said they had “deep concern with the proliferation of misinformation” on the platform. The letter pointed to how one YouTube video with the baseless claim of voter fraud in Michigan had five million views.

“These videos seek to undermine our democracy and cast doubt on the legitimacy of President-elect Biden’s incoming administration,” the senators wrote. “Moreover, because the current president has not committed to a peaceful transition of power, misinformation and manipulated media content on your platform may fuel civil unrest.”

The senators also expressed concern about the runoff elections for the two Georgia Senate seats, because those races will garner “significant national interest.” In a series of questions to Ms. WojciScki, the senators asked if YouTube would commit to removing false or misleading information about the 2020 election and the Georgia races. They asked the company to respond by Dec 4th. 

So now, youtube is deciding which 1st amendment rights that they can enforce or not enforce. I guess if the democrats ask you to not allow the 1st amendment, it's okay. But don't be a GOP or conservative--you don't get those rights. What say you Barry--I thought there were laws for libel and slander--why can't these democrats use those laws instead of shutting down "free speech"? Am I to believe that "free speech" is only the speech you agree with? SMFH. 

  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if I ask nicely.

Please, what can you say to convince me the NYT is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Left?

I eagarly await your response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

4353984B-7421-41D4-8414-7C89F30A5EC2.jpeg

Whats up, wish yall would've said if your man loses yall would be M.IA., kinda sad not hearing from yall.. happy pre Thanksgiving anyway in case yall disappear again 

  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JETT said:

Whats up, wish yall would've said if your man loses yall would be M.IA., kinda sad not hearing from yall.. happy pre Thanksgiving anyway in case yall disappear again 

Oh, I'm still here.  Not going anywhere.  Just havent been able to chime in as often because they changed my work hours and dumped new stuff on us to do which gives me very little "play time."  Ps,  it ain't over yet.  Quit believing the fake news propaganda.   Sit tight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 8:21 PM, Wild74 said:

They would need to suspend CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC and all the other left wing sites if they suspend OOAN only problem YouTube is run by lefties who wouldn't know the truth if they heard it, but then again they heard the truth they just deny the truth. 

Exactly, anything Conservative that is put out there is censored by YouTube, facebook, Twitter, etc..  They'll allow fake news to be reported by their favorites that are pushing socialism.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Oh, I'm still here.  Not going anywhere.  Just havent been able to chime in as often because they changed my work hours and dumped new stuff on us to do which gives me very little "play time."  Ps,  it ain't over yet.  Quit believing the fake news propaganda.  GA just ordered and AUDIT of votes.  Sit tight.

Its all cool, it needs to be investigated that way ppl can sleep better knowing the guy was disliked by 80,000,000... no doubt in my mind there is fraud in this election but not enough in all these states to flip for trump... ppl aren't dumb enough to think if its massive fraud that will not be investigated and brought to lite.... in my eyes looking at newsmax and all the left sites, I get the conclusion its pretty much over and trump is trying to act like he's fighting for America.... his chances are the same as winning the lottery... but good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JETT said:

Its all cool, it needs to be investigated that way ppl can sleep better knowing the guy was disliked by 80,000,000... no doubt in my mind there is fraud in this election but not enough in all these states to flip for trump... ppl aren't dumb enough to think if its massive fraud that will not be investigated and brought to lite.... in my eyes looking at newsmax and all the left sites, I get the conclusion its pretty much over and trump is trying to act like he's fighting for America.... his chances are the same as winning the lottery... but good luck

We're gonna get you there eventually.  Now that you concede there was indeed fraud won't be much more of a leap to recognize there was certainly enough of it to change the outcome.  And happy thanksgiving to you and yours.  Thankful I live in a state where a hypocritical governor or mayor isn't banning thanksgiving family gatherings like they are in the deep blue "utopias." ✌🏻

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

We're gonna get you there eventually.  Now that you concede there was indeed fraud won't be much more of a leap to recognize there was certainly enough of it to change the outcome.  And happy thanksgiving to you and yours.  Thankful I live in a state where a hypocritical governor or mayor isn't banning thanksgiving family gatherings like they are in the deep blue "utopias." ✌🏻

There's fraud every election, that includes 2016....  this election is over no doubt in my mind

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Maybe if I ask nicely.

Please, what can you say to convince me the NYT is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Left?

I eagarly await your response.

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

On this profound note, I hope all of us, left/right Conservative/Liberal, has a Happy Thanksgiving.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hagar said:

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

On this profound note, I hope all of us, left/right Conservative/Liberal, has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Back at you, Hagar/Reb!!!🦃🦃🦃🦃

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hagar said:

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

On this profound note, I hope all of us, left/right Conservative/Liberal, has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Same to you, happy turkey day...... im probably going to gain some LBS, we have a feast were about to dig into soon... on a side note we decided to bless a unfortunate family with a turkey this year... my wife posted on her Facebook anyone in need of a turkey and we chose a lady and her elderly mom, sad to say but there's a ton of ppl struggling out there wish I could do more to help

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...