SCOTUS rules in favor of Catholics over Cuomo

DAWG91

Just now, gamewatcher63 said:

How can someone so incompetent actually be Chief Justice. 

I recall when he was appointed he was immediately annointed chief justice simply because he was filling Renquist's seat and thinking to myself "hmm that's very odd."  Maybe it's always been done that way, if so, I've no idea why.  Seems more than unfair to the others who were there long before he arrived.  Just glad ACB is there to check-mate his sorry because you know where he'll land when the Presidental election case arrives at their doorstep.

I would say this helps more of the Jewish faith than Catholics.  NYC has cracked down on them more than once since the pandemic started with funerals and a wedding.  If they already paid the fines they should be receiving their money back.  This helps all across the country where blue governors and judges have kept people from attending church.  The demand a separation of church and state when it comes to publicly funded buildings, and then demand it in the private sector as well.  The 4 judges that ruled against this are showing that they are anti-religious zealots in the Government.  

Places of worship that fight to put their members in harm's way are more about themselves than they are about the believers, in my opinion. There are lots of opportunities to express belief not within the confines of a building, and all have online options these days, big and small, if you want to take part in a shared experience. 

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Places of worship that fight to put their members in harm's way are more about themselves than they are about the believers, in my opinion. There are lots of opportunities to express belief not within the confines of a building, and all have online options these days, big and small, if you want to take part in a shared experience. 

Is it the states right to mandate the them not to congregate?

• Like 1

Liberal war against the 1st amendment marches on.  
Freedom of speech:  they ban calling it hate speech. Freedom of assembly:  ban citing them as "super-spreaders." Freedom of religion:  labeled as racist and bigoted.  Second amendment:  ban guns!  Liberals only cherish "rights" not actually in the BOR.  One might conclude that this is a concerted effort to "fundamentally transform the USA."

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

They should still have the freedom to choose whether or not they want to take the risk.  Those freedoms should have never been taken away by anyone, because they are God given rights, and set in stone by the Constitution.  Only I and God have the right to determine what I can and can not do.  While personally I wouldn't take the risk, I can't make others do the same.  

• Like 1