2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

topher805

Season off and running. Gonzaga looked legit last night. Interested to see how things play out as the weekend rolls on. Gonzaga had two players test positive after the game. They are isolating and quarantining the players, but will continue to play as scheduled. Gonzaga vs. Auburn today...

5 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I don't think the season will finish IMO. Hopefully it does, UK has a pretty good team this year, BJ Boston is a stud!

UK is solid and oddly under the radar I think. All the attention is on Gonzaga and Baylor.

SFA finally hits the court tonight in what I'm sure will be an absolute barnburner against LeTourneau...

As for real games there are two REALLY good games on paper...

Michigan State/Duke and Kansas/Kentucky have some high entertainment value. I'm interested to watch the Texas/Indiana game here in a few. 

As a public service announcement, I am saddened to inform the basketball public that Bill Walton will be color commentator for the North Carolina/Texas game. I have my mute button ready. How I watched three quarters of the Indiana game today. Please ESPN, watch your own programming.

10 hours ago, bordertown said:

As a public service announcement, I am saddened to inform the basketball public that Bill Walton will be color commentator for the North Carolina/Texas game. I have my mute button ready. How I watched three quarters of the Indiana game today. Please ESPN, watch your own programming.

He is EXTREMELY bad. I'm amazed at how many things he says incorrectly. 

Such a weird year...

SFA played three games this week. None of the three were scheduled 7 days ago...

Georgia Tech loses to Georgia State and Mercer...Turns around and beats Kentucky

The much-hyped showdown between Gonzaga and Baylor was postponed because Gonzaga again had members of their traveling party test positive for Covid...

• 2 weeks later...

SFA men have put the program on pause for two weeks due to Covid. 

SFA women knock off Auburn in Auburn. Came close against Arizona State and Houston this year. Glad to see them break through. Hopefully it is a sign they are on their way back to what they were under Blair and Gunter in the 80's and 90's...

Gonzaga beats Iowa and remains impressive on the season. I really hope they break through and win one, but the field this year is growing on me. Zags and Baylor are clear at the top. I like Iowa and Illinois in that next teir. Kansas, Houston, and Villanova will be fun to follow....