2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

topher805

6 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

#8 Texas up 21 on #3 KU. 

I have crow to eat. I was calling for Shaka’s head the past two years. But he has done a tremendous job so far with this group. 

He has under preformed in Austin. I was skeptical of this team until this win. Looks like the are legit. Now I'm interested to see what their ceiling is...

13 minutes ago, topher805 said:

He has under preformed in Austin. I was skeptical of this team until this win. Looks like the are legit. Now I'm interested to see what their ceiling is...

He has until this season. I’ve watched several games this year and they look very complete, even in the loss to nova. It helps when your team isn’t full of freshman. He’s made adjustments and it’s impressive so far 

On 1/4/2021 at 2:23 PM, topher805 said:

First NET ranking released today. No real surprises except for some struggling blue bloods...Duke is #115 and Kentucky is #143

Coach K will have an injury or something that causes him to miss time on the bench soon.

He is always hurt/sick in the down years.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Coach K will have an injury or something that causes him to miss time on the bench soon.

He is always hurt/sick in the down years.

Hahahaha....He is actually in quarantine right now...After they dropped back-to-back games at Cameron during non-conference he complained that they shouldn't even be playing and cancelled the remainder of their non-conference games. Dude is a whiner and a half...

On a side note, this season has been brutal to follow. SFA had to put their program on pause after playing UL-Monroe December 12...Didn't resume practice until December 26...Played one game on January 2...Tonight's game against A&M Corpus was postponed because COVID in Corpus...SFA doesn't play again until January 13...That is a whopping one game in a month...

So far they have played just two games against teams they were originally scheduled to on the planned date. Everything else has been moved or cancelled...

On 1/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, ETXfan16 said:

As of right now, Texas is predicted to be a 1 seed in the tournament.

They should be.  Look great, they have the record.  Ranked 4th.  

all of the “Fire Shaka” crowd from 1-2 years ago should feel ashamed right now.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

They should be.  Look great, they have the record.  Ranked 4th.  

all of the “Fire Shaka” crowd from 1-2 years ago should feel ashamed right now.

This will be interesting going forward. I feel the only reason they gave him another year was Covid wrecked last season, and then they wanted to wait until the new arena opened to bring in a new coach. 

I'm not 100% sold on him and his ability still, but they have an outstanding team and are definitely on track to take a #1 seed along with Gonzaga and Baylor...

As for the season...Gonzaga and Baylor seem to be in a league of their own still. Texas in knocking on the door though. 

I find it hilarious that Duke is ranked again after rattling off three straight wins (Notre Dame, Boston College, and Wake Forest). Combined ACC record of those teams? 0-12.

Haven't watched Villanova yet. Their results say they are good, but I haven't tuned in. They beat Texas which is a REALLY nice win right now. They lost to Virginia Tech, which isn't a terrible loss right now. I was looking forward to their game against UCONN to get a gauge on both teams...Won't really see Nova get pushed until they see Creighton in a month...

12 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Rutgers just beat Michigan State for the 1st time in school history. 

Rutgers is a program that has been trending the right direction the past few years. Still not all the way there but man this is a statement win.

• Like 1