2020-2021 NCAA Basketball

topher805

8 hours ago, topher805 said:

This big dance is gonna be wild. I wouldn't bet on this one with a 10 ft pole. 

Gonzaga is the clear favorite but there are some capable B10, B12, and SEC teams that usually never have a shot at winning it that will make a run this year

I don’t know about you guys, but Texas and Texas Tech could play 10 times this season and I would enjoy every game.  These 2 teams match up well with each other and always leave one hell of a game on the court. 

• Like 1

I believe they were down one, time is expiring, so let's jack up a 3 from the corner with some time still on the clock.  Shot missed, of course, goes out of bounds off of Tech.  Texas gets the ball back and fortunately the Texas guard drives the lane and thankfully is fouled with 1.8 seconds left.  Seals the win with 2 free throws.  It does not have to be like that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Virginia is out of the ACC Tournament due to covid-19. Georgia Tech advances to the ACC Championship game!

ACC better get a handle on things, they have a covid-19 hotzone somewhere. 

They have dumb policies.  1 positive sidelines your entire team

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

They're probably going to be my darkhorse to win the Natty, depends on if they're in the same region as Michigan. 

I like Keller but SFA messed up when they passed on Boynton and let him follow Underwood to OSU

Rick Pitino leads Iona to the dance, Shaka has a Big12 Tournament title now, Ohio State upsets Michigan by 1 to advance to get beat by Illinois tomorrow, the SEC football schools play for a basketball conference championship tomorrow, TSU obliterated SWAC favorite Prairie View to go dancing, and Georgia Tech knocks off FSU to win the ACC. 

March: Let's get weird!

On 3/11/2021 at 10:14 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Brackets not even out and mine is busted and burnt already. 😂

I spoke way too soon now that the matchups are coming out. Of course Gonzaga has the easiest path to the Final Four, heck if they don't at least cakewalk to the Elite Eight something's wrong. 

1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

ACC News

“The time has come for all student-athletes to have the opportunity to transfer and be permitted to compete immediately.”

The league’s intraconference transfer rule has been eliminated.

https://t.co/6T8OmF0qe9

This offseason is going to be nuts. Dead period extended and players get a free transfer?

On that note, I hope SFA is making a push for Jordyn Adams. He put into the transfer portal late last week. We could use the boost...

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

This offseason is going to be nuts. Dead period extended and players get a free transfer?

On that note, I hope SFA is making a push for Jordyn Adams. He put into the transfer portal late last week. We could use the boost...

I thought he would head to the draft, was he hurt or something this season? I hadn't kept up with Austin Peay this year. 

23 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I thought he would head to the draft, was he hurt or something this season? I hadn't kept up with Austin Peay this year. 

Apparently a bad hip injury that kept him out for a month. Only averaged 9.4 points and 2.2 assists a year after putting up 17.4 a game as a freshman and earning all conference honors. 

I know SFA, Sam, and Lamar will be hot on his tail, and I wouldn't be shocked to see McNeese try to team him back up with Braelon Bush...With his ability to score there will be some big boys after him as well...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Just saw where Devon McCain is also leaving Austin Peay. Apparently he is going JUCO for a year...