Week Eleven: Longview at Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-2, 3-1) vs Tyler Lions (2-6, 2-3)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler in a close one
    • Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

42 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

I started laughing when I read that.  Geez, the scenarios people try to create.  No need to spin anything this year.

I agree lol. I’ll be excited if we just get to see some bright spots headed into the off season. But I’m sure we’re looking at one long, miserable day. 

I really hope the Lobos work in some passing schemes that a QB can complete in the next 2 weeks.  We are way too one dimensional at this point.  We should blow out Tyler and then move on.  Lufkin will definitely be a better first round game than I thought we would get.  It will be good to see some speed and talent on the other side of the ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

I really hope the Lobos work in some passing schemes that a QB can complete in the next 2 weeks.  We are way too one dimensional at this point.  We should blow out Tyler and then move on.  Lufkin will definitely be a better first round game than I thought we would get.  It will be good to see some speed and talent on the other side of the ball.

Don't raise this up to more than it really is, Comon' Man! 😉  Lufkin is a team without it's star RB Caleb Berry, just trying find any combination of consistency. Caney Creek won't do it for you.

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Don't raise this up to more than it really is, Comon' Man! 😉  Lufkin is a team without it's star RB Caleb Berry, just trying find any combination of consistency. Caney Creek won't do it for you.

Lmao. Like we’ve said. These fools (coaches) have had all season to find that. Berry played 13 quarters. This team has played 32. We are what we are. Just hope Longview makes some mistakes that allow us to keep it respectable. 

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

Just hope Longview makes some mistakes that allow us to keep it respectable. 

Lord knows we've made plenty this season.

Our rush defense is one of the best we've had in a long time, which will be interesting to watch vs Tyler and Lufkin (assuming we get y'all in round 1).

We all knew our secondary was going to be the biggest question going in, and it's proven to be true.

Only team that's been able to consistently move the ball on us on the ground was West Brook, and almost all of that was in the first half.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I don't care if you were in a 4 team district and got to come into the playoffs at  0-10...I have PTSD from the Streak...so I trust a Longview win in a Lufkin game about as much as I trust a fart after eating a gas station burrito...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lord knows we've made plenty this season.

Our rush defense is one of the best we've had in a long time, which will be interesting to watch vs Tyler and Lufkin (assuming we get y'all in round 1).

We all knew our secondary was going to be the biggest question going in, and it's proven to be true.

Only team that's been able to consistently move the ball on us on the ground was West Brook, and almost all of that was in the first half.

I have been pretty impressed with the run defense.  I did not think they would be as good as they are....good no doubt but not this consistent...

13 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Definitely not a trap game. 🤣

If Longview has 500 yards passing this season I'd be shocked. Stop the run...somewhat and teams have a good shot. I ain't even paying attention to LP record. Trap game. 

And we got nuttin...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, gtee2 said:

If Longview has 500 yards passing this season I'd be shocked. Stop the run...somewhat and teams have a good shot. I ain't even paying attention to LP record. Trap game. 

And we got nuttin...

We have 980 to be exact. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I have been pretty impressed with the run defense.  I did not think they would be as good as they are....good no doubt but not this consistent...

With what we had coming back + coming up, I never doubted that the run defense would be good.....and then you added Berry to the equation who is a front 7 guru...there was no doubt at that point.

Run defense will be strong next season too...and straight up great following that.

Just now, ANTI said:

With what we had coming back + coming up, I never doubted that the run defense would be good.....and then you added Berry to the equation who is a front 7 guru...there was no doubt at that point.

Run defense will be strong next season too...and straight up great following that.

Berry has definitely made a difference...With a potential round 2 game against Lancaster, it will be majorly tested...

10 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

If we play, it’s going to be the same next week. 

Nah, y'all would be coming off a huge win over Waller!! We know your fan base too well to not say they would come into Lobo next week and knock us off. I know there are some out there already saying it ;)

34 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nah, y'all would be coming off a huge win over Waller!! We know your fan base too well to not say they would come into Lobo next week and knock us off. I know there are some out there already saying it ;)

I haven’t even heard that from the ones that are still stuck in the early and mid 2000s. 

As a panther fan, you gotta be swimming....not just drinking it, but swimming in the purple kool aid or on some serious drugs to think we have a great chance of winning next week At lobo, especially if you’ve seen this Lufkin team and know the individuals on our coaching staff. I don’t care if we win by 90 against Waller. Lv will be at least a 3 or 4 score favorite next week..... sadly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Waller???, ROFL,  what a lame comparison to Longview.  The truth is, Waller could give Lufkin a game of it. However, trying to make a possible game in Lobo meaningful to Lobo fans is the issue here.   I'm afraid you will be disappointed, because this year would not compare to any of our past rival games.  I don't know one single Lufkin fan that believe the Panthers have a punchers chance in Longview this year.   

8 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Waller???, ROFL,  what a lame comparison to Longview.

Just having a little fun PA ;)

We'll have plenty of time next week to talk about Lp/Longview if it happens.

No doubt it won't compare to any of our past playoff games. The atmosphere alone will be completely different.

The start of that North/Longview game on Friday was the smallest crowd I've ever seen at Lobo. No doubt COVID played a part, and it did fill in eventually, but goodness. It was empty there for quite a while.

Yea, I knew you were in jest. IF our game is at Lobo or even with HP.  You will be lucky to see 150 Lufkin fans make the trip this year.  Mostly players parents and family.  About as uneven a football year as one can describe for Lufkin. 

Back to the  Longview and Tyler High topic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Waller???, ROFL,  what a lame comparison to Longview.  The truth is, Waller could give Lufkin a game of it. However, trying to make a possible game in Lobo meaningful to Lobo fans is the issue here.   I'm afraid you will be disappointed, because this year would not compare to any of our past rival games.  I don't know one single Lufkin fan that believe the Panthers have a punchers chance in Longview this year.   

It's hard enough to win at lobo when You're good much less when having bad year 😳