Week Eleven: Longview at Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (6-2, 3-1) vs Tyler Lions (2-6, 2-3)  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler in a close one
    • Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

It's hard enough to win at lobo when You're good much less when having bad year 😳

Facts. All I want is to see a few positives heading into the off season. Just some type of glimmer of hope. Anything. Heck who knows. They might play with a little effort 

4 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I haven’t even heard that from the ones that are still stuck in the early and mid 2000s. 

As a panther fan, you gotta be swimming....not just drinking it, but swimming in the purple kool aid or on some serious drugs to think we have a great chance of winning next week At lobo, especially if you’ve seen this Lufkin team and know the individuals on our coaching staff. I don’t care if we win by 90 against Waller. Lv will be at least a 3 or 4 score favorite next week..... sadly. 

Water sprinklers on standby...

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think mcfall has the potential to be the best running back at Tyler since hunter and I know that might be saying a lot but I’m pretty high on him. 

McFall is a big talent.  Unfortunately, with this offense his best chance to get notice is to move to def and become a DB....lol.  

2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Tyler High freshman RB, McFall is pretty special too. Started on Varsity for most of the season.  Maybe next yr, he will get noticed.

Yeah McFall has game.

Taylor Tatum is....wow. I'm pretty sure he'll start for Longview next year as a sophomore and by then he could be 6'0 200+. I've never seen a Lobo RB that talented with that much size which says a lot.

Tatum not the only Lobo RB in that 9th class with long term FBS potential. Willie Nelson is a beast too....really athletic. Think Aaron Johnson/Tyler McCray in the open field. He'll be on varsity as a sophomore next year too...FS could be his long term position though and he's equally as good there.

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yeah McFall has game.

Taylor Tatum is....wow. I'm pretty sure he'll start for Longview next year as a sophomore and by then he could be 6'0 200+. I've never seen a Lobo RB that talented with that much size which says a lot.

Tatum not the only Lobo RB in that 9th class with long term FBS potential. Willie Nelson is a beast too....really athletic. Think Aaron Johnson/Tyler McCray in the open field. He'll be on varsity as a sophomore next year too...FS could be his long term position though and he's equally as good there.

Nelson kid is pretty good.  I didn't know he played def.

Question, when was the last time a kid played of both sides at Longview? Does it happen more on Fresh and JV?

11 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Nelson kid is pretty good.  I didn't know he played def.

Man....he made a Punt Return this past week that was insane.

https://youtu.be/4GfdTVEUxZM?t=10438

And yeah, he has history on both sides of the ball. Played RB and FS at Judson. Played both this year as a freshman, even some WR. Great talent and good size.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Question, when was the last time a kid played of both sides at Longview? Does it happen more on Fresh and JV?

Very rare to see it on the varsity and JV levels...especially varsity. If you see it on varsity, that player is a rare talent. 

Jalen Hale has played some corner this year...first Lobo player that I can remember being involved on both sides since Aaron Johnson back in 08-09.

Now...you do see it on the Freshman A level nearly every year. Longview usually brings in 80 Freshmen minimum...but only about 30 of them tops make the A team and almost all of them see time on both sides of the ball. They have it setup like that purposely so that the coaches can get an idea of the different positions a player could potentially play long term. 

Heck this past week...I saw the backup QB Campbell Williams...who is 6'3...play OLB. He's a talent too but Tutt the starter is on another level. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Very rare to see it on the varsity and JV levels...especially varsity. If you see it on varsity, that player is a rare talent. 

Jalen Hale has played some corner this year...first Lobo player that I can remember being involved on both sides since Aaron Johnson back in 08-09.

Now...you do see it on the Freshman A level nearly every year. Longview usually brings in 80 Freshmen minimum...but only about 30 of them tops make the A team and almost all of them see time on both sides of the ball. They have it setup like that purposely so that the coaches can get an idea of the different positions a player could potentially play long term. 

Heck this past week...I saw the backup QB Campbell Williams...who is 6'3...play OLB. He's a talent too but Tutt the starter is on another level. 

Well Hale is a rare talent.  

great numbers.  Coach Holmes just said in paper that cujo may only field jv and varsity in future due to declining numbers. What the heck. I counted at least 60 players between Moore and Boulter. You can't get at least 30 on Freshman. Thats all you need.  Its a huge mismatch and a little unsafe to have freshman playing JV, cause JV kids at 5a level have been in weight room for 2 yrs or so. 

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

great numbers.  Coach Holmes just said in paper that cujo may only field jv and varsity in future due to declining numbers. What the heck. I counted at least 60 players between Moore and Boulter. You can't get at least 30 on Freshman. Thats all you need.  Its a huge mismatch and a little unsafe to have freshman playing JV, cause JV kids at 5a level have been in weight room for 2 yrs or so. 

I guess 40-45 will quit before the season starts next year once they find out how he is LOL. 

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Thats crazy. 

2100+ kids and can't field a Freshmen team.

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Thats crazy. 

2100+ kids and can't field a Freshmen team.

Now he is running with the notion that it’s just that the kids are not coming out. Like it can never be him as the reason why LOL. 😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️ Reason why our program is going in trash and what we’ve done for the last decade is gonna be all for nothing because the highest person doesn’t even hold his own self accountable, so of course no else is gonna hold them self accountable. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I always have to remember that we have another 6'3/6'4 sophomore WR on varsity too. JT Wright.

We can have all the talent in the world at WR and TE, but won't matter much if we can't get the ball to them consistently.

Hoping Grant gets more snaps this week again. I did notice he had another stumble as he's had in every game this season he's played it feels where he's under center and immediately falls like he's been stepped on or something.

Still, just hoping for improvement.

• Thanks 1