Nacogdoches (4-4)(3-3) Vs. Marshall (5-4)(3-3)

Mavchamp

Nacogdoches Vs. Marshall  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Nacogdoches by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Nacogdoches in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

2 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Griedl's refusal to change qbs at any point is the reason why we will be sitting at home. Yes the ol has struggled but we could have done so much more with a dual threat like Rawls at qb. Hope he made the school board/donor dad happy and it was worth it for him.

I truly believe it’s all about daddy ball this year. Griedl is a far better athletic director than he is coach. He has a gift of gab and knows how to bring money in and spends it even better! We may not have much of a program but man look at those fields, courts, weigh rooms, etc! Glad this painful season is over!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Griedl's refusal to change qbs at any point is the reason why we will be sitting at home. Yes the ol has struggled but we could have done so much more with a dual threat like Rawls at qb. Hope he made the school board/donor dad happy and it was worth it for him.

Disagree.  
This offense was going to be terrible no matter who the QB was. 
We knew this back in the spring. 
Clearly knowing it meant little to correcting it 

Victory formation

nac wins!!!

28-13!!!

Dragons gave up a 42 yd run and that’s it!! Dominate defensive performance by the dragons!! Dragons. Left 10 points on the field with a fumble at the goal line and a missed field goal after a penalty negated a 35 yd fg 

dragons are rolling into the playoffs with 4 straight good performances 

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Disagree.  
This offense was going to be terrible no matter who the QB was. 
We knew this back in the spring. 
Clearly knowing it meant little to correcting it 

But why not try? We would never know until we plugged somebody in there to find out. Look what happened with Savion last year and Rawls even had qb experience when Savion didnt. The guy just commited to Okla St so hes a bonifide stud. You have to put the ball in your playmakers hands. Just look at what he did with his ints this year and at wr last year. When your ol is struggling you need somebody that can make plays with their feet and Lord knows Burris was not going to do that. Burris deserved his shot and im glad he got the opportunity he worked hard. But as a coach you have to play who gives you the best chance at winning and Griedl never even tried a plan B. A backfield with Rawls, Dom and DD would have been a nightmare for defenses esp since Rawls is a true dual threat.

1 hour ago, The Real Mavfan said:

But why not try? We would never know until we plugged somebody in there to find out. Look what happened with Savion last year and Rawls even had qb experience when Savion didnt. The guy just commited to Okla St so hes a bonifide stud. You have to put the ball in your playmakers hands. Just look at what he did with his ints this year and at wr last year. When your ol is struggling you need somebody that can make plays with their feet and Lord knows Burris was not going to do that. Burris deserved his shot and im glad he got the opportunity he worked hard. But as a coach you have to play who gives you the best chance at winning and Griedl never even tried a plan B. A backfield with Rawls, Dom and DD would have been a nightmare for defenses esp since Rawls is a true dual threat.

Watching it play out this year i think yous wrong on this one. I think this team tried plan a,b,c,d. If yo actually paid attention to games you see that almost every week adjustments made and kids moved around. An easy to say out Rawls kid back there. You ever see Rawls throw a ball? So you go do what they did last year with Savion and get beat in first round again cuz you don’t have a true QB? Rumor mill I heard was he told coaches no way he was playing qb and wasn’t gonna do it. What about having both back up QBs going out with injury after Jacksonville game? Alot of people want to throw slugs at burris... a kid who had more throwin yards than most QBs in Marshalls past and never started a game. A kid who had to hear for a full year how bad he was gonna do from people in this community. As a fan I hate the result but gotta be proud to be a Mav and ain’t gonna get in here and bash the kids or the coaches... ya some changes need to be made but gonna see who stays around. Always a bunch of coaches leave every year in marshall.. and that’s if head coach sticks around to. 

1 hour ago, The Real Mavfan said:

I absolutely agree it would have been worth a try.  There was nothing to lose. 

I just don’t think it would have changed the outcome of our season much.   Mobility at QB may have loosened things up a little.  But the loss in passing game may have been a wash.  Who knows. 

The OL was pretty terrible last season....it was putrid this season. In fact....they got worse as the season progressed.  

We beat BOTH New Caney AND McKinney North. Both made the playoffs in their Div I districts.  But we’re 5th in our Div II district??  Hard to believe that.  

We clearly digressed as the season went on.   The kids got lazy.... or complacent... or unmotivated.  Something.

The total lack of fire....putrid possession after putrid possession.... game after game... it revealed a group of players that didn’t really seem to care. And a staff unable or unwilling to change it. 

Lost. Lazy. Lack of creativity. Boring. Predictable.

Worst Mav offense since 2012. And that’s saying a lot. 

I hate seeing the kids that worked so hard have their season end. The defense deserved better.  I hate seeing the long playoff streak snapped. 

But who had interest a 4 drive to sit in the cold and get skulldragged by Huntsville..... again.  

Let’s lick our wounds.  Go into the off season.... and start working on 2021.

We have a fantastic QB coming up.  We may have found an RB the last couple of weeks.   Start working on the O line.  Build to the future.  

Forget the disaster 2020 has been. 

I guess agree to disagree Rocketpop. Yes i have seen Rawls throw. Last year in 7on7 at Evangel he messed around a little at qb. Had a pretty good arm tbh. And i know he played some qb his sophmore year at Jefferson. And with Savion at least we won district and went to the playoffs. I would take that and a 1st round loss over not even making it. I have a VERY hard time believing Rawls wouldnt play qb. Even his mother in the stands was talking about how they needed to have him on offense. I am 100% not bashing Burris. He did the best he could and did better than most ever thought he would including myself. But i would take more Ws over his passing yards anyday!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Mavfan said:

I guess agree to disagree. Yes i have seen Rawls throw. Last year in 7on7 at Evangel he messed around a little at qb. Had a pretty good arm tbh. And i know he played some qb his sophmore year at Jefferson. And with Savion at least we won district and went to the playoffs. I would take that and a 1st round loss over not even making it. I have a VERY hard time believing Rawls wouldnt play qb. Even his mother in the stands was talking about how they needed to have him on offense. I am 100% not bashing Burris. He did the best he could and did better than most ever thought he would including myself. But i would take more Ws over his passing yards anyday!

Oh...I Agree.  
It was worth trying. 
We experimented with several O-line combinations.  None of them worked. 

We clearly had nothing to lose in at least trying.

While we were playing timid...shy.... and scared.... Nac was going for the throat on those risky 4th down calls.

Nothing to lose. 

I don't think anyone is asking for a coaching change.

Just a change in HOW we're coaching.

There is a difference. 

----

This staff won a district title last season.... and overcame a ton doing it (lost a starting D-1 QB, death of a player, fluke draw on the first round of the playoffs).

A season like 2020 was bound to happen eventually. 

All long winning streaks come to an end.  All playoff streaks come to an end.

It was the ugliness of it all.

We clearly need a different approach. 

But I don't think anyone is asking for heads on a platter.

Now.... if 2021 goes down like this again......  the chatter will there. Deserved or not.  It's the nature of the beast in TxHSFB.