Buckeyes vs Caddo Mills

GTownballer

Quarterfinals  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Caddo Mills Foxes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

On 11/29/2020 at 10:19 AM, JBizzle said:

The Foxes seem to be the trendy pick. I understand that, but I can see very little compelling evidence to pick them outside of a feeling. I think they are pretty evenly matched, but common opponents point to Gilmer as the better team. The wins over Canton and Sunnyvale were much more convincing. They both played PG the same, but I think that has little bearing on this game, because neither offense is like PG. I like Gilmer in a close game.

Gilmer does close very well.

As we have stated before no 4A div 1 or div 2 will be able to compete with Carthage this year.  IMHO you would have to move up to 5A div schools to have a squad which can compete with Carthage.  After saying that I will say this; the Caddo Mills squad with put up a good game.  Carthage has to much depth in their squad.

Good luck to both squads.  It will be a good game to watch.

• Confused 2

I'm of the opinion that several times, the new kid on the block has something to prove.  Gilmer has proved themselves time and time again and they deserve the edge in this game. The Buckeyes earned it, they have defended it, they have the recognition all over the Great State of Texas and tradition is a deal breaker when you reach this point in a season. 

But......(very long pause), for all of these reasons, I am going with Caddo Mills to win, upset, spoil, slip by or sneak past the Buckeyes. I'm not from Caddo Mills, however I have checked in on their progress from time to time this crazy year.  I've watched them in person a couple of games and streamed the Foxes just to see how they are progressing. 

I've been a Gilmer Buckeye fan since way back when I was a really young whipper-snapper. They are the program of legendary status and sometimes that is very good and sometimes that is very bad. Most of the times, they use their status to their advantage and I'm banking on them using that status to try and win this game. 

PG was loaded with DI talent and true, they had a couple injured players, but Caddo Mills was on a mission to take the crown.  That Caddo Mills community is literally so fired up, they could levitate that team for a few first downs in this, their best season ever. But don't let the 'Cinderella effect' cloud your judgement, because the Foxes coaching staff ain't gonna let that happen. Just like a Texas Aggie has their '12th. Man', so does the little 'Green Giants' of Caddo Mills. (Their school colors are green and white.) 

Great discipline, fundamentally sound to the extreme, talented with solid skill players that are capable of breaking the big play and very well coached.  Now, this all sounds like Caddo Mills has suddenly created the best team ever.  No, I've seen some very good football teams in my lifetime, but this is the kind of team that beats the teams that are better than them. 

Gilmer has been there, done that and should trot into Ernest Hawkins Memorial Stadium with their heads held high expecting to take this game and live to play another day. But....(very long pause, again), Caddo Mills wins my "Team of the Week" status and takes this one in another heart attack finish....

Foxes 40 Buckeyes 39

P.S. I'm too old and fat to eat too much crow, so please pluck the bird prior to any ingestion by me of that foul fowl....if need be.   However, I do wish the very best of luck to both schools and congratulations on a great season!

• Like 1

I respect your thoughts, micotrav, and you are spot on with some of your observations.  I certainly "hope" the Buckeyes are not banking on their "status" going into this game.  That will certainly get you beat.  I have faith in our coaches to keep our players grounded, and willing and able to execute their game plan.  This Caddo Mills team is absolutely nothing like the team we beat badly when we were in the same district.  The Foxes absolutely believe they will win.  The key for the Buckeyes will be to impose their will on CM early.  The Buckeyes will need to get into a very good rhythm on offense, and keep the play in front of them on defense.  The Black Flag Defense will have to keep continuous pressure on the Fox offense and not allow them to get into a good rhythm.  Yes, points will be scored, but what counts is who can get stops when it is needed.  I am banking on the Black Flag to get it done.  We shall see.  It should be a great game.

• Like 1

We all expect Caddo Mills to be super charged up, especially after their big win last week.  Hoping the Buckeyes come out energized, focused and determined.  I expect Gilmer to take the win and advance, but turnovers on offense or too many self-inflicted, drive killing penalties while on offense or generous PF or UC penalties while on defense, will tilt the game in favor of CM.  The task of winning the game will be hard enough for the Buckeyes, without giving CM any "helping hands" to beat us.

• Like 1

Funny,the brits have always said when you run out of hope,and strength,and the will to go on...you rely on pride and tradition to carry on the fight...bucks may need that before all is said and done..in saying that I'll take the bucks by 2 marks...cheers..good luck to both squads,you'll earn this victory either way the chips fall ✌️

Its Game Day Buckeyes! Time to light up the score board. This is what yall have worked for. Play hard and leave it all on the field tonight. 1 game at a time and tonight is that game. Handle business fellas. Safe travels to everyone traveling to the games. I'll see yall there. GO BUX!!

14 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

This Caddo Mills team is absolutely nothing like the team we beat badly when we were in the same district.  

I think you have this school confused with nearby Nevada Community. The only time we ever played Caddo Mills was in the Area round in 2017 in Sulphur Springs.

1 hour ago, 36gut said:

I think you have this school confused with nearby Nevada Community. The only time we ever played Caddo Mills was in the Area round in 2017 in Sulphur Springs.

You're right.  I realized that after I had typed it in at work and had left.  We beat them in the playoffs 63-14 in 2017.  I'm old...I get confused sometimes...:headbang: