Buckeyes vs Caddo Mills

GTownballer

Quarterfinals  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Caddo Mills Foxes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

14 hours ago, Buckeyelove said:

Buckeyes all the way. Caddo Mills is good but they don’t got enough. Their qb is good but Gilmer qb is better. Gilmer defense will Nullifiy caddo Mills qb. It’s hit check time and Gilmer will put a knot in caddo Mills belly. 

saw them both against PG. Tennison had an awesome game and was the only reason they beat PG. Townley had an awesome game against PG and was the only reason they won. Townley is better than Tennison. It's close, but I'd take Townley any day. He's a better runner and Tennison isn't bad. Both teams have decent defenses. Unless Carthage gives it away, the Bulldogs are heads and shoulders better than both Gilmer and Caddo Mills. I don't live anywhere close to Carthage either.

I saw the CM/PG game.  The qb is all CM has.  I'm going with Gilmer. The Buckeye secondary is probably better than PG's and they must avoid turnovers.  CM did all of their damage on busted plays.  CM's defense is nothing like Carthage's defense and the get gassed when they get leaned on like PG was able to do in the first half.  CM will try trick plays.  PG was the better team and only because of injuries to key PG players was CM the better team Friday.  Deep East Texas smash mouth football rules, Gilmer by 28.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Texlov said:

saw them both against PG. Tennison had an awesome game and was the only reason they beat PG. Townley had an awesome game against PG and was the only reason they won. Townley is better than Tennison. It's close, but I'd take Townley any day. He's a better runner and Tennison isn't bad. Both teams have decent defenses. Unless Carthage gives it away, the Bulldogs are heads and shoulders better than both Gilmer and Caddo Mills. I don't live anywhere close to Carthage either.

exactly

3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I think Gilmer matches up very well with CM. Give me the Buckeyes in a high scoring affair. I think Gilmer has the athletes in the secondary to limit CM enough to outscore them. I got the Buckeyes 42-28.

What I was just thinking is I bet Gilmer has the athleticism to rival CM. I picked Gilmer to win as well.

6 hours ago, Sbk5280 said:

If you look at the stats of TT for this year he actually has a better passing completion rating than BT. He also has more rushing yards than BT as well. He will have to be contained for sure. If our D line can hold up we can make them force the ball down field and will have to rely on our secondary. Our DBs need to make sure they play the ball more. Most of the time they never turn around to find the ball. Too worried about staying toe to toe in the foot race. I'm sure our DC will have the guys ready and focused for this game. It's going to be an interesting game for sure.

How many games and quarter did CM quarter back play this year so far compared to gilmers qb? And as far as our defense goes we always step up to “big time” players and bottle them up. Gilmer gonna win this one big. Gilmer has almost intentionally did just enough to win the past two games. If you watched the buckeyes they held back on canton had jv in the second half didn’t put a lot of pressure on godley and had a completely different offensive approach on Sunnyvale. I’d say Gilmer will crank up all the engines Friday. And let’s not forget for whatever reason canton scored like what 47 points against CM. 

Oh I know what we've done all year playing subvarsity players. I've usually watch every game live and another during the week to see what was missed lol. Last game I missed in person was back in 2015. I know the stats aren't what they show, but they are what they are. BT is a great QB and so is TT. Most teams spy on BT for a reason. We will have to do the same this game against TT. He is a huge part of their offense. We stop him it puts us on the right side. Main thing I was looking at is his rushing yards which were over 1200. Pretty impressive season regardless. We just have to stay focused and not look past anyone. I've got a lot of high Hope's for this team and I'm sure we will have a good game plan going in. Just have to execute 

6 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Oh I know what we've done all year playing subvarsity players. I've usually watch every game live and another during the week to see what was missed lol. Last game I missed in person was back in 2015. I know the stats aren't what they show, but they are what they are. BT is a great QB and so is TT. Most teams spy on BT for a reason. We will have to do the same this game against TT. He is a huge part of their offense. We stop him it puts us on the right side. Main thing I was looking at is his rushing yards which were over 1200. Pretty impressive season regardless. We just have to stay focused and not look past anyone. I've got a lot of high Hope's for this team and I'm sure we will have a good game plan going in. Just have to execute 

Keep TT in the pocket and make him beat you through the air.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Keep TT in the pocket and make him beat you through the air.

Exactly just need to keep him bottled up. Our chances increase a lot if we can do that. We've got play makers everywhere just can't get sloppy. D is playing a lot better as we go. Always room for improvement though. I probably over think everything sorry it's just the nature of the beast lol. 

13 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Exactly just need to keep him bottled up. Our chances increase a lot if we can do that. We've got play makers everywhere just can't get sloppy. D is playing a lot better as we go. Always room for improvement though. I probably over think everything sorry it's just the nature of the beast lol. 

DE & OLB can’t run up field on pass rush.

• Like 1

Going with Caddo Mills.  Everybody is looking at the CM QB as being their entire team.  I think that is a mistake.  Their defense, with the exception of a couple of expected PG big plays, was doing their job extremely well. 

If you have ever watched Melissa or Gunter at their best a few years ago, they just did everything according to the book.  I know they were a different classification.

Very disciplined, very under control, calm and calculating every move and knowing what is coming up next. CM coaching has the most respect among the players and they truly believe they can win regardless of the situation or the opposition. 

Caddo Mills 37 Gilmer 36

• Like 1

11 hours ago, micotrav said:

Going with Caddo Mills.  Everybody is looking at the CM QB as being their entire team.  I think that is a mistake.  Their defense, with the exception of a couple of expected PG big plays, was doing their job extremely well. 

If you have ever watched Melissa or Gunter at their best a few years ago, they just did everything according to the book.  I know they were a different classification.

Very disciplined, very under control, calm and calculating every move and knowing what is coming up next. CM coaching has the most respect among the players and they truly believe they can win regardless of the situation or the opposition. 

Caddo Mills 37 Gilmer 36

Agree, CM is solid all around.  Offense A+, Defense B, Special Teams A-

Im giving Gilmer the following grades:  Offense A, Defense B-, Special Teams A

Should be a great game!

• Like 1

The Foxes seem to be the trendy pick. I understand that, but I can see very little compelling evidence to pick them outside of a feeling. I think they are pretty evenly matched, but common opponents point to Gilmer as the better team. The wins over Canton and Sunnyvale were much more convincing. They both played PG the same, but I think that has little bearing on this game, because neither offense is like PG. I like Gilmer in a close game.

This should be a really great game.  CM has 2 quality wins against Aubrey and PG.  They also beat a pretty good Van team. I watched that CM-PG game and the CM receivers dropped more passes than they usually do from a few other games I ahve seen...they probably had some adrenaline going.  That game against PG was a classic.  Gilmer will be the best team CM has seen but I don't think they will be intimidated.  Gilmer will definitely have the most talent on the field.  I also don't think CM can be one dimensional against Gilmer and win.  Gilmer has got to stay focused this week and cut down on the mistakes.  This should be a solid shoot out.

Gilmer 52

CM 42

Gilmer takes a big early lead and hangs on scoring late to put it away.

14 hours ago, micotrav said:

Caddo Mills 37 Gilmer 36

Gilmer has too many Horses for Caddo. Caddo's dream season will come to an end this week. Dont think it will be Close. Gilmer 49- Caddo Mills 27

6 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Gilmer has too many Horses for Caddo. Caddo's dream season will come to an end this week. Dont think it will be Close. Gilmer 49- Caddo Mills 27

Gilmer will still have to slow down Caddo Mills offense.  Our defensive intensity has been down, since the PG game.