Waskom 11-1 Vs EF 11-2 Friday at Longview Lobo Field 7:30 Region 3 Finals Waskom is home team

Wild74

Waskom VS EF  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins second time around

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, JETT said:

@Wild74, any .ore news on the tickets? Hopefully they dont BS around. This game should be packed

I know that Waskom got 200 extra with 50 left now. My understanding is 250 Waskom side tickets and 250 EF side tickets will be sold but only for the end zone on the hill. I am not joking...lol

14 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I know that Waskom got 200 extra with 50 left now. My understanding is 250 Waskom side tickets and 250 EF side tickets will be sold but only for the end zone on the hill. I am not joking...lol

Scrooo That. Where will it be streamed.

34 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

I'll bet 20 bucks that there is a bench clearing fight. Maybe even the fans come out of the stands to get some swings in.

I doubt it will be any fans from the stands but that hill seating area where there is no separation of EF/Waskom fans could be a little testy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

I doubt it will be any fans from the stands but that hill seating area where there is no separation of EF/Waskom fans could be a little testy. 

I think most fans from the schools got tickets already I would expect most of that hill seating to be people just wanting to see the game I think most Waskom and EF fans will be on their designated sides I would hope. 

• Like 1

I just hope if one of these teams gets up big and it’s over early that it doesn’t turn into a poop show with fights and kids getting ejected I hope whichever team wins and whichever team losses they do it with class and respect how far their opponent has come and represent our communities in a positive way.  I still think it’s amazing 2 schools that are this close together made it to regional finals praying for a injury free hard fought game on both sides.  Go Jackets Go !!! 

• Like 3

Since district started, Waskom is putting up 46.9 per game to teams allowing 24.1 per game on average, so a plus 22.8 on the offensive side.  Elysian Fields is averaging 44.1 per game to teams giving up 24.0 per game on average, so a +20.1 on the offensive side for them.  Edge goes to Waskom on offense.

On the defensive side, Elysian Fields is giving up 25.3 ppg to teams that average 30.8 per game, so 5.5 fewer points.  Waskom is holding teams that score 28.7 per game to just 13.7, so 15.1 fewer points.  Overall swings :  Waskom at +37.8, Elysian Fields at +25.6.  A significantly better defense on paper for Waskom, and I think this is where the difference is going to be in this game. 

Waskom and Elysian Fields have three common opponents.  Hughes Springs, Queen City, and Harleton.  Both Waskom and Elysian Fields handled these teams easily.  Sometimes it is hard to analyze when the games with common opponents were essentially blowouts for both teams.  Just because both teams blew out the same team doesn't mean their game with each other will be close.  There are too many factors.  So, let's break it down by quarter.

Among the three common opponents, here are the average scores after each quarter in games against common opponents for Elysian Fields :

After 1 : 14-7

After 2 : 29-11

After 3 : 44-13

Final : 49-19

For Waskom :

After 1 : 14-0

After 2 : 28-0

After 3 : 42-5

Final : 51-5

Once again, it's clear that both Waskom and Elysian Fields have similarly potent offenses (almost identical scoring tendencies), but it is pretty apparent that Waskom has the better D.  I think this will be the difference.  To the three common opponents, Elysian Fields gave up scores in each quarter.  Waskom did not allow any scores in the first, second, or fourth quarters.  Only in the third quarter, when Waskom entered leading 28-0 on average, did they give up any scores. 

Waskom 42-28

• Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Pax said:

Since district started, Waskom is putting up 46.9 per game to teams allowing 24.1 per game on average, so a plus 22.8 on the offensive side.  Elysian Fields is averaging 44.1 per game to teams giving up 24.0 per game on average, so a +20.1 on the offensive side for them.  Edge goes to Waskom on offense.

On the defensive side, Elysian Fields is giving up 25.3 ppg to teams that average 30.8 per game, so 5.5 fewer points.  Waskom is holding teams that score 28.7 per game to just 13.7, so 15.1 fewer points.  Overall swings :  Waskom at +37.8, Elysian Fields at +25.6.  A significantly better defense on paper for Waskom, and I think this is where the difference is going to be in this game. 

Waskom and Elysian Fields have three common opponents.  Hughes Springs, Queen City, and Harleton.  Both Waskom and Elysian Fields handled these teams easily.  Sometimes it is hard to analyze when the games with common opponents were essentially blowouts for both teams.  Just because both teams blew out the same team doesn't mean their game with each other will be close.  There are too many factors.  So, let's break it down by quarter.

Among the three common opponents, here are the average scores after each quarter in games against common opponents for Elysian Fields :

After 1 : 14-7

After 2 : 29-11

After 3 : 44-13

Final : 49-19

For Waskom :

After 1 : 14-0

After 2 : 28-0

After 3 : 42-5

Final : 51-5

Once again, it's clear that both Waskom and Elysian Fields have similarly potent offenses (almost identical scoring tendencies), but it is pretty apparent that Waskom has the better D.  I think this will be the difference.  To the three common opponents, Elysian Fields gave up scores in each quarter.  Waskom did not allow any scores in the first, second, or fourth quarters.  Only in the third quarter, when Waskom entered leading 28-0 on average, did they give up any scores. 

Waskom 42-28

You forgot the head to head matchup where their high powered offense only scored 21 and allowed 28 in the first half to EF which was by far the most anyone had scored on them all year.  There was also 2 scores called back in second half that would of made the EF score in the 40’s.  I like your analysis usually but your forgetting the most useful stat and that’s head to head game already played. 

I like your prediction tho just the opposite way I had it EF 41 Waskom 27 

4 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

You forgot the head to head matchup where their high powered offense only scored 21 and allowed 28 in the first half to EF which was by far the most anyone had scored on them all year.  There was also 2 scores called back in second half that would of made the EF score in the 40’s.  I like your analysis usually but your forgetting the most useful stat and that’s head to head game already played. 

Don't think he forgot it.  It is what it is. Doesn't need any analysis.  EF won.  I think he was showing the rest of the story that shows Waskom has performed a little better against common opponents.  The head-to-head matchup is very important, but not a guarantee of a repeat.  We've seen it too many times when district foes meet later in playoffs.  They don't always go the same way.  Single games in a vacuum can have lots of factors that make it go one way or another.  He's analyzing trends.  Not creating a Vegas betting line.  Both teams have a real shot at winning this game.  EF fans will hang their hat on the past meeting while Waskom fans will like the numbers Pax put up.  We will see come Friday!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Don't think he forgot it.  It is what it is. Doesn't need any analysis.  EF won.  I think he was showing the rest of the story that shows Waskom has performed a little better against common opponents.  The head-to-head matchup is very important, but not a guarantee of a repeat.  We've seen it too many times when district foes meet later in playoffs.  They don't always go the same way.  Single games in a vacuum can have lots of factors that make it go one way or another.  He's analyzing trends.  Not creating a Vegas betting line.  Both teams have a real shot at winning this game.  EF fans will hang their hat on the past meeting while Waskom fans will like the numbers Pax put up.  We will see come Friday!

I was just saying if you throw the head to head game into it might change the numbers a little bit either way I know what I saw last time and I expect more of the same Friday night one team is just more physical and has more weapons on offense and it will show come game time. 

Just now, jacket52 said:

I was just saying if you throw the head to head game into it might change the numbers a little bit either way I know what I saw last time and I expect more of the same Friday night one team is just more physical and has more weapons on offense and it will show come game time. 

I hear ya.  You are correct about how it would change the numbers.  I hope one of these teams wins it all!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I didn't forget the head-to-head matchup; I deliberately ignored it and am simply analyzing the matchup as if they have never met.  I ignore both the head-to-head matchup and any games opponents have played against either team to isolate the teams from each other and only concentrate on what they have done to their opponents.  I could obviously be completely wrong, but that's how I do it.  Your argument is fair - because obviously the fact that EF has already beaten Waskom is important information.  I just don't use it in the numbers.  By the way, if I included it, it wouldn't change much anyway.  It's just one game in the mix.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Pax said:

I didn't forget the head-to-head matchup; I deliberately ignored it and am simply analyzing the matchup as if they have never met.  I ignore both the head-to-head matchup and any games opponents have played against either team to isolate the teams from each other and only concentrate on what they have done to their opponents.  I could obviously be completely wrong, but that's how I do it.  Your argument is fair - because obviously the fact that EF has already beaten Waskom is important information.  I just don't use it in the numbers.  By the way, if I included it, it wouldn't change much anyway.  It's just one game in the mix.

I would like to know how many times Waskom has played from behind this year cause I think EF had them down the whole game and DF had them down for maybe a Quarter but I think that’s it ?  It changes the way they want to play if they are down 14 or 21 early like EF had them the first game.  If EF can get a lead early Friday night like they have in every game they have played this season but 1 then I think EF will be just fine and as we seen last week no lead is ever enough when you got Ryan “The Professor” Wilkerson at QB. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I would like to know how many times Waskom has played from behind this year cause I think EF had them down the whole game and DF had them down for maybe a Quarter but I think that’s it ?  It changes the way they want to play if they are down 14 or 21 early like EF had them the first game.  If EF can get a lead early Friday night like they have in every game they have played this season but 1 then I think EF will be just fine and as we seen last week no lead is ever enough when you got Ryan “The Professor” Wilkerson at QB. 

Lol the professor thats hilarious. 

17 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I was planning on driving over for this game, not sure if I can get a ticket though .... 

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

It's hard to say, because I don't have play-by-play statistics.  All I have to go by is whether or not they have ever been behind at the end of a quarter, and Elysian Fields was the only game Waskom has played since district started that they trailed at the end of any quarter.  In fact, since district started, Waskom has played 32 quarters of football and in only 4 of those quarter were they trailing at the end of the quarter, and all 4 of those quarters were in the Elysian Fields game where they trailed after all 4 quarters.  At no other time in the season has Waskom trailed at the end of a quarter.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacket52 said:

The DF game could change the numbers also, but I don't see you wanting that figured into the analysis?