Waskom 11-1 Vs EF 11-2 Friday at Longview Lobo Field 7:30 Region 3 Finals Waskom is home team

Wild74

Waskom VS EF  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins second time around

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

You get on these threads and apps and you can’t be surprised by the incident that happened last night. It starts with parents/fans in the home. 

The refs aren’t out to get you. Just play the game.

Quite possibly the greatest post ever!

Asking for prayers for our #4 he left game in second quarter on crutches from a knee injury.  Game was so good I know most people prob didn’t notice he wasn’t out there unless you was a EF fan but hoping he gets a good report but couldn’t put weight on it tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Asking for prayers for our #4 he left game in second quarter on crutches from a knee injury.  Game was so good I know most people prob didn’t notice he wasn’t out there unless you was a EF fan but hoping he gets a good report but couldn’t put weight on it tonight. 

I believe that is the Illingworth young man, his granddaddy and I played on the 73/74 Waskom team together and I had the pleasure of meeting his dad at the Waskom/EF game earlier this year, a real fine parent of a good kid. I hope he heals quickly and hate to hear this about the young man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

This had to of been the best EF Waskom game ever played in our history, definitely lived up to the hype and with the kids both teams having returning, next yr I believe will meet in the region final again.

It is the best I have ever seen and I have seen a lot. 

• Like 4

Just watch the replay of the game, it was definitely a hold on EF that denied a 1st down in the red zone with a chance to win the game, but it's a shame the ref missed that int in the endzone for EF, I don't how he missed it, that game should've went to OT in that moment, but great great game tho, I enjoyed it and glad I got a chance to witness it in person. 

4 hours ago, jacket52 said:

I was looking for him as the team came out from the half, then seen him on crutches.   Made a comment of such on the FSW app.  The offense definitely missed him.   Wish him well

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Just watch the replay of the game, it was definitely a hold on EF that denied a 1st down in the red zone with a chance to win the game, but it's a shame the ref missed that int in the endzone for EF, I don't how he missed it, that game should've went to OT in that moment, but great great game tho, I enjoyed it and glad I got a chance to witness it in person. 

How bout that apparent block in the back *,(no call) by EF on the long TD run late in the game!!   Bad calls for both in this one.

• Like 1

There were bad calls/no calls for both teams. It doesn't take away from one of the best hs football games I've ever seen. Both teams deserved to win and left it all on the field. I look forward to seeing this game again next year. Oh and I will go ahead and agree on the professor nick name for Ryan, he is a baller.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Just Couple takes from last night.

Missed  Int in the end zone was killer for EF. How the ref standing 3’ away missed it is crazy. Watching the feed there was no doubt it should of been EF ball.
The 2 ints by Waskom was HUGE, Wildcats overcame 2 turnovers at crucial times to keep themselves in the game.

Waskom coach seems to be a “Sharp” dude.

Loss of #4 was a big blow for EF. 

EF QB is as good as advertised, now I now why no one has been able to contain him all year

Waskom Big RB was a load 

Waskom has a FG Kicker

Goodnight has to be one of the best name in HS football.

This was a great East Texas football game and the fact that it was 2 arch rivals playing in the quarterfinals made it that much better...The type of game you hate to see someone loose. Good luck Waskom, Great season EF.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Come on 89. You didn’t want the 2 clock stoppages in the last 30 seconds of last weeks game. You win some, you lose some. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Come on 89. You didn’t want the 2 clock stoppages in the last 30 seconds of last weeks game. You win some, you lose some. 

I'm good LSU, that was a helluva game, I'll be in Tyler next Friday cheering you guys on.

11 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I believe that is the Illingworth young man, his granddaddy and I played on the 73/74 Waskom team together and I had the pleasure of meeting his dad at the Waskom/EF game earlier this year, a real fine parent of a good kid. I hope he heals quickly and hate to hear this about the young man. 

Thanks @Wild74, it was a pleasure meeting you as well. Congratulations on the win Wildcats. Go get’em next week. You’re district 11 so you have my support. As far as #4 goes, I appreciate everyone’s prayers and well wishes. Hate his high school football career ended that way but that’s life and that’s how football go sometimes. Trainer said it’s probably a severe MCL strain but his knee looked like rubber when he got himself up off the turf and hobbled to the sideline. We are getting him in to see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP. He’s a tough kid and with modern medicine I’m sure he’ll live to fight another day. 

• Like 3