Lindale vs Kilgore quarterfinals @ SFA 12/4/20 7pm

LindalePride2002

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

Just now, LindalePride2002 said:

Back when lindale played carthage they matched up well with them. It was never an easy win for them. I know one year we beat them.

I think just purely matchup wise, the way Lindale plays is the type of way you have to play to hang with Carthage.  I think it would be a decent game. For 2-3 quarters. And thats not a slam to Lindale, I think its an awesome run yall are making and if yall make it to the title game ill certainly be rooting for yall.  I just have never seen a Carthage defense quite like this. And the offense of course is always there.  

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I know. I want to say there has been.... 2 or 3 good games? 

2011 - Lindale win by 4 points against a Carthage team that didn't play past Thanksgiving. 

Two others were close. Those were also 5a Lindale vs 4a Carthage and definitely not the Carthage of today. 

26 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Of course it's my opinion, that's why I said it as such.

So Kilgore has been in this region and classification for a while. You gonna try to tell me that this region this year is anywhere close to years past? Cmon man.  Which team would Lindale or Kilgore beat out of Carthage, Gilmer, PG, China Spring, Caddo Mills, Heritage? 

well, we already lost to Carthage...but, have not nor will we play the rest this year...and to assume Kilgore "couldn't" or "wouldn't" beat the others without even playing is crazy...Kilgore is really good team as is other teams in other regions but everyone matches up differently...just because Lindale lost to Gilmer and Heritage doesn't mean Kilgore would!!

14 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

So is Carthage. I'm sorry, not trying to try ruffle any feathers here or distract from the topic at hand, but Carthage would throttle Kilgore even worse if they played now.  And I think they would handle Lindale as well. 

again, very possible...but, honestly wouldn't know unless they played again....Kilgore is better all around too since the first meeting

1 minute ago, kdogs00 said:

well, we already lost to Carthage...but, have not nor will we play the rest this year...and to assume Kilgore "couldn't" or "wouldn't" beat the others without even playing is crazy...Kilgore is really good team as is other teams in other regions but everyone matches up differently...just because Lindale lost to Gilmer and Heritage doesn't mean Kilgore would!!

No doubt, any given Friday night anything can happen. But this region is weaker than the last few years. 

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

No doubt, any given Friday night anything can happen. But this region is weaker than the last few years. 

taking Carthage out of this region doesn't make it a "weak" region...maybe it just levels the playing field...getting drummed by a good Carthage team in the 4th round wouldn't make it a strong region...it would still be Carthage and everyone else!!!...JMO

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

2011 - Lindale win by 4 points against a Carthage team that didn't play past Thanksgiving. 

Two others were close. Those were also 5a Lindale vs 4a Carthage and definitely not the Carthage of today. 

I wouldn’t say they weren’t the Carthage of today. Carthage won state in 08, 09, 10, and 13. The 2010 season, when Lindale lost by 3 points, Carthage was in a 20 something game winning streak and ended up winning state that year. Lindale beat them in 2011 and that’s the year we almost beat Henderson in the 2nd round of the playoffs and they went on to win state that year. Carthage was awesome in that stretch of time but Lindale played them hard

21 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

I wouldn’t say they weren’t the Carthage of today. Carthage won state in 08, 09, 10, and 13. The 2010 season, when Lindale lost by 3 points, Carthage was in a 20 something game winning streak and ended up winning state that year. Lindale beat them in 2011 and that’s the year we almost beat Henderson in the 2nd round of the playoffs and they went on to win state that year. Carthage was awesome in that stretch of time but Lindale played them hard

Didn't mean they weren't good. Just didn't play past turkey day that season. That's kinda rare for those spoiled bulldog fans. 

4 minutes ago, JR88 said:

Now we’re talking about Lindale giving Carthage a game? 😂 how about y’all have to get past poor Kilgore first

Carthage would beat Lindale just as bad as they did Kilgore 

Well that’s something we’ll never know. What we do know is Lindale has already beat Kilgore and if I’m betting, I say Friday will be a repeat 

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

So is Carthage. I'm sorry, not trying to try ruffle any feathers here or distract from the topic at hand, but Carthage would throttle Kilgore even worse if they played now.  And I think they would handle Lindale as well. 

I disagree...I think the score would be closer than the last game which was the first game of the season.

Just now, KDOGS95 said:

I disagree...I think the score would be closer than the last game which was the first game of the season.

Yes the first game, for both teams.  I think Kilgore could score 14-21 at most and Carthage would score way more than the first game. But all we can do is speculate yea? I hope Kilgore can win the whole thing. I'd love to see anyone defeat Argyle, but idk if it's going to happen for anyone that plays in that division this year.  

6 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Nope Lindale beat them

well, let's just say Lindale won the game....for sure!!....but, I have a feeling if we correct what went wrong last time we will move on...guess we shall see though. It will come down to which team makes the least mistakes this time...or whomever wins special teams