Lindale vs Kilgore quarterfinals @ SFA 12/4/20 7pm

LindalePride2002

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

3 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

well, let's just say Lindale won the game....for sure!!....but, I have a feeling if we correct what went wrong last time we will move on...guess we shall see though. It will come down to which team makes the least mistakes this time...or whomever wins special teams

I dont think this one will be as much of a shoot out.  

Just now, LindalePride2002 said:

That sounds about right... lindale will go for a 2 pt conversion on 1 of their touchdowns. 

ha...hopefully Kilgore doesn't jump offsides again on XP and give Jenkins a closer opportunity to go for 2...lord knows he doesn't need it

23 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Sorry but big time disagree. That was by far the sloppiest game Carthage has played all year long. Nobody in this district wants any part of Carthage right now.

I hate to break it to you but I doubt anyone is scared of Carthage. It's really pointless talking about it since Carthage is d2.

10 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Of course the Region is weaker without Carthage and Midlothian Heritage...I wouldn't say losing Van has anything to do with that though. Lindale beat Van and Van did not even win their district in D2.

There are 4 really good teams in this region and they played each other. Lindale/Kilgore and Needville/El Campo. Obviously East Texas is superior to SETX/Houston area in 4AD1. We will find out next week how "weak" the region is regardless of who wins. The Region 4 champion will be pretty good.

I think the region is deeper this year. Region 4 is gonna give one of these two all they want and then some. 

23 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

I think this will be Kilgore's 6th trip into 4-deep territory since 2003...

2003 - Lost to Matthew Stafford Highland Park 31-28 at Rose Stadium

2004 - Won against El Campo 18-0 at Waco ISD Stadium 

2011 - Lost to Corsicana 41 - 21 at Forney?

2012 - Lost to Stephenville 42-32 at Mansfield ISD Stadium (was actually a state semi-final game)

2013 - Won against Chapel Hill 59-19 at Rose Stadium (district rematch)

2020 - ? vs Lindale (district rematch)

2004 was a Win against Lamarque

8 hours ago, trashyhound said:

They are the best two teams in this region, no question. But this region is nowhere near as stacked with good football teams as years past. 

Most all the teams you listed also improved as the year went on. 

The argument can be made that there are many teams in 4AD2 that could beat these two teams. Gilmer, Caddo Mills, Pleasant Grove, Carthage, China Spring, etc. Hasn't been the case in years past. 

I have to disagree Lindale and Kilgore proved they are the two best this year in region 3 but with 4 teams from each district going to the playoffs will make a good team play a weaker oppenent and just because a team isn't in your top 10 or 20 doesn't mean a team isn't good and vice versa. What is a good team or region suppose to look like to you? If a team is good and expects to win a championship just my opinion but I wouldn't care who they played or when they play if you believe you will win then so be it. Some fans would rather play a cupcake team in the playoffs hoping for easy wins in rounds 1 through 3 sometimes 4 and 5 round. If your team is good it shouldn't matter when the tougher oppenent came. Heck for instance if Carthage thinks they are world beaters this year and won't lose then heck let's play Argyle round 1, then La Vega, round 2, Lampasas round 3, etc... etc..

JMO 

7 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

So is Carthage. I'm sorry, not trying to try ruffle any feathers here or distract from the topic at hand, but Carthage would throttle Kilgore even worse if they played now.  And I think they would handle Lindale as well. 

If your so sure would you bet your most cherished item something you would never get rid of and place a bet on a high school football game played by 15-16 yr old youngmen? Now you said throttle them I'm taking that as something higher than 30 points to 0. But either way just guaranteeing a Win is obserd

5 hours ago, LindalePride2002 said:

I dont think this one will be as much of a shoot out.  

Well JMO but y'all better hope this game is a shootout because if it's more defensive then that's not going to go very well for Lindale we all know the Lindale D isn't their strength on the team. Kilgore D is hands down better than Lindale's. If Kilgore's offense doesn't turn the ball over and put our D in bad field positions then it's not going to go very well for Lindale. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Well JMO but y'all better hope this game is a shootout because if it's more defensive then that's not going to go very well for Lindale we all know the Lindale D isn't their strength on the team. Kilgore D is hands down better than Lindale's. If Kilgore's offense doesn't turn the ball over and put our D in bad field positions then it's not going to go very well for Lindale. 

I wouldn't say that....kilgore got picked off twice by lindales defense.  Held them to a field goal 1 possession and forced  kilgore  to punt 2 or 3 times. Jenkins had over 300 yards rushing. I wouldn't say yalls defense is better when playing lindales 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LindalePride2002 said:

I wouldn't say that....kilgore got picked off twice by lindales defense.  Held them to a field goal 1 possession and forced  kilgore  to punt 2 or 3 times. Jenkins had over 300 yards rushing. I wouldn't say yalls defense is better when playing lindales 

Couldn’t have said it better

• Like 1

Imo, this will be one of the premier playoff games this week.   Provided one team doesn’t get fumbleitis, the 4th Qtr will be like two stud thoroughbreds coming down the stretch, neck and neck to a photo finish.  

It’s durn close to a two six pack game.  🍺🍺🍺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Ok your right for that game. But I'm talking about right now up to this game Kilgore's D is better. I bet you see a totally different D this game I really hope that Lindale comes into this game with the same mind set as the Lindale faithfuls expecting a Win just because they squeaked by the first game. Just a little hint for ya they are gonna make Lindale throw the ball to beat them. But win or lose I will definitely tip my hat I have nothing but respect for Lindale. But we truly believe if Kilgore plays a mistake free game and just slow Jenkins down a little because that youngman is just to determined and good to just shut him down they will come out on top. Also Kilgore has the coaching experience with playing this late in the season it's not a huge advantage but sometimes it pays off to have an experienced coaching staff on your side.

2 hours ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Couldn’t have said it better

And this will make it that much sweeter for us. I hope you don't have to hear something like " tried telling you " 

Let's see if Lindale can respond to a bone chilling hit in real cold weather. It's all fun and games until you get popped in the mouth one good time.