Lindale vs Kilgore quarterfinals @ SFA 12/4/20 7pm

LindalePride2002

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

5 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Ok your right for that game. But I'm talking about right now up to this game Kilgore's D is better. I bet you see a totally different D this game I really hope that Lindale comes into this game with the same mind set as the Lindale faithfuls expecting a Win just because they squeaked by the first game. Just a little hint for ya they are gonna make Lindale throw the ball to beat them. But win or lose I will definitely tip my hat I have nothing but respect for Lindale. But we truly believe if Kilgore plays a mistake free game and just slow Jenkins down a little because that youngman is just to determined and good to just shut him down they will come out on top. Also Kilgore has the coaching experience with playing this late in the season it's not a huge advantage but sometimes it pays off to have an experienced coaching staff on your side.

Im not one to rub it in your face if we win. I think for the most part everyone was pretty classy the first time we played.  No doubt kilgores defense has done really well since we played last. Lindales defense since the second half of the needville game has played well only giving up one touchdown.  Yea we gave up 1 on special teams and a pick 6 against chapel hill. I know the heartbreak that comes with losing a playoff game and if that is lindale tomorrow night i will be pulling for kilgore to win it all. But until then GO EAGLES!!

9 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

If your so sure would you bet your most cherished item something you would never get rid of and place a bet on a high school football game played by 15-16 yr old youngmen? Now you said throttle them I'm taking that as something higher than 30 points to 0. But either way just guaranteeing a Win is obserd

What’s absurd is your spelling absurd as “obserd” 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

This is going to be a great game. The atmosphere is going to be wild, us Kilgore fans will be extremely loud. I absolutely cannot wait. Whoever wins I'll definitely be pulling for to win it all. Would be nice seeing two ETX win state in 4A.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Ok your right for that game. But I'm talking about right now up to this game Kilgore's D is better. I bet you see a totally different D this game I really hope that Lindale comes into this game with the same mind set as the Lindale faithfuls expecting a Win just because they squeaked by the first game. Just a little hint for ya they are gonna make Lindale throw the ball to beat them. But win or lose I will definitely tip my hat I have nothing but respect for Lindale. But we truly believe if Kilgore plays a mistake free game and just slow Jenkins down a little because that youngman is just to determined and good to just shut him down they will come out on top. Also Kilgore has the coaching experience with playing this late in the season it's not a huge advantage but sometimes it pays off to have an experienced coaching staff on your side.

Could say the same for Kilgore. All I’ve heard is how much better Kilgore is since the first time and how hard it is to beat a team twice and if Kilgore makes no mistakes( which is dang near impossible for any team)  That Kilgore wins hands down. It sounds to me like a lot of Kilgore fans already think this thing is pretty much rapped up. I can tell you Lindale won’t be coming into this with the big head. They know what Kilgore can do and I would bet they will come out more focused than ever. Jenkins is gonna come out determined and ready to make a statement. And If it does come down to us having to pass more that’s fine. Our qb and receivers are studs too. Whoever wins I think has a real shot at state. After this game is all said and done we are all East Texans and have each other’s backs but when we play each other we have to talk a little smack lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

10 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I have to disagree Lindale and Kilgore proved they are the two best this year in region 3 but with 4 teams from each district going to the playoffs will make a good team play a weaker oppenent and just because a team isn't in your top 10 or 20 doesn't mean a team isn't good and vice versa. What is a good team or region suppose to look like to you? If a team is good and expects to win a championship just my opinion but I wouldn't care who they played or when they play if you believe you will win then so be it. Some fans would rather play a cupcake team in the playoffs hoping for easy wins in rounds 1 through 3 sometimes 4 and 5 round. If your team is good it shouldn't matter when the tougher oppenent came. Heck for instance if Carthage thinks they are world beaters this year and won't lose then heck let's play Argyle round 1, then La Vega, round 2, Lampasas round 3, etc... etc..

JMO 

I'm not saying they are weaker because of who they have played. I'm saying the whole region is weaker than years past. Here's hoping Lindale and Kilgore prove me wrong and destroy Argyle and everyone else. Good luck. 

16 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I'm not saying they are weaker because of who they have played. I'm saying the whole region is weaker than years past. Here's hoping Lindale and Kilgore prove me wrong and destroy Argyle and everyone else. Good luck. 

I detect a hint of sarcasm here lol jk thanks trashyhound...nicest thing youve said all year

10 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Well JMO but y'all better hope this game is a shootout because if it's more defensive then that's not going to go very well for Lindale we all know the Lindale D isn't their strength on the team. Kilgore D is hands down better than Lindale's. If Kilgore's offense doesn't turn the ball over and put our D in bad field positions then it's not going to go very well for Lindale. 

You guys keep talking about the turnovers but you forget that the last turnover was a desperation throw when you were trying to score to tie late. Not quite the same as a typical turnover.

The other thing not being discussed is the fact that Lindale did not have their kicker. The Eagles missed 2 extra points and had another blocked and returned for a 2 pt conversion for Kilgore late that gave them a chance to tie. The game ended 47-40 but should have easily been 50-38 if they have their normal kicker...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

You guys keep talking about the turnovers but you forget that the last turnover was a desperation throw when you were trying to score to tie late. Not quite the same as a typical turnover.

The other thing not being discussed is the fact that Lindale did not have their kicker. The Eagles missed 2 extra points and had another blocked and returned for a 2 pt conversion for Kilgore late that gave them a chance to tie. The game ended 47-40 but should have easily been 50-38 if they have their normal kicker...

100%correct

30 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

one of the picks was on our end of the field which led to 7 pts for Lindale....the other was not a desperation attempt (because it didn't have to be the last play)...we still had 1 timeout and could of ran there or threw to a different route...our QB just went for it on that particular play (hence INT) he just tried to force it...also, yes you had 2 blocked XP's in which 1 led to 2 pts for Kilgore...but also, yall had a 2 pt conversion after a Kilgore offsides on an XP too....Kilgore also, left some pts on the board when we kicked a FG (we were on the 15 yd line that drive)...so, Kilgore's last drive technically could of been to setup the game winning field goal!!!...but hey, it's all shoulda, woulda, coulda... whomever wins will need to play a complete game to win!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

one of the picks was on our end of the field which led to 7 pts for Lindale....the other was not a desperation attempt (because it didn't have to be the last play)...we still had 1 timeout and could of ran there or threw to a different route...our QB just went for it on that particular play (hence INT) he just tried to force it...also, yes you had 2 blocked XP's in which 1 led to 2 pts for Kilgore...but also, yall had a 2 pt conversion after a Kilgore offsides on an XP too....Kilgore also, left some pts on the board when we kicked a FG (we were on the 15 yd line that drive)...so, Kilgore's last drive technically could of been to setup the game winning field goal!!!...but hey, it's all shoulda, woulda, coulda... whomever wins will need to play a complete game to win!!

I do agree with this. Both teams had points left on the field.

I disagree with the last pick. Even though it was not the last play, I still consider it a desperation pick because of the situation. As far as Kilgore kicking the FG early, I don't think they would have changed that decision considering the situation at that time.

1 hour ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Could say the same for Kilgore. All I’ve heard is how much better Kilgore is since the first time and how hard it is to beat a team twice and if Kilgore makes no mistakes( which is dang near impossible for any team)  That Kilgore wins hands down. It sounds to me like a lot of Kilgore fans already think this thing is pretty much rapped up. I can tell you Lindale won’t be coming into this with the big head. They know what Kilgore can do and I would bet they will come out more focused than ever. Jenkins is gonna come out determined and ready to make a statement. And If it does come down to us having to pass more that’s fine. Our qb and receivers are studs too. Whoever wins I think has a real shot at state. After this game is all said and done we are all East Texans and have each other’s backs but when we play each other we have to talk a little smack lol. 

I promise nobody from Kilgore is over looking Lindale. I know for a fact that our boys have been wanting this rematch since playoffs started. I think it was that fire to play Lindale again that has then looking like a different team. But, to the flip side of that Lindale has been ballin as well. I dont expect it to be quite as high scoring as the first game though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I do agree with this. Both teams had points left on the field.

I disagree with the last pick. Even though it was not the last play, I still consider it a desperation pick because of the situation. As far as Kilgore kicking the FG early, I don't think they would have changed that decision considering the situation at that time.

Lindale did a good job on that particular drive to force Kilgore to kick the FG...I'm not taking that away....I'm just saying if we execute better we score a td..??...but, who knows...and as far as the final play, I just view a desperation attempt as one "last" attempt in which it did not have to be...just got to do a better job this time if we get in that spot!!..hopefully, we learned from our mistakes...if so, I truly believe we win...guess we will have to see

• Like 1

Just now, kdogs00 said:

Lindale did a good job on that particular drive to force Kilgore to kick the FG...I'm not taking that away....I'm just saying if we execute better we score a td..??...but, who knows...and as far as the final play, I just view a desperation attempt as one "last" attempt in which it did not have to be...just got to do a better job this time if we get in that spot!!..hopefully, we learned from our mistakes...if so, I truly believe we win...guess we will have to see

I respect that. Whoever wins, I'm sure they will have the support of the rest of East Texas to go win the whole thing!

• Like 1

I think most of us can agree that "defense wins championships" is no longer necessarily true in today's game.  It may be true sometimes, and other times it may not be true.  We've all seen it happen at the professional level where offense won the game and overcame a great defense.......same thing at the NCAA level and in our Texas High School Playoffs, too.  With the evolution of the game and offensive schemes.......and even the evolution of the quality and skill sets of the players, I think we can now say that a great offensive team may win over the team with the better defense.......win a championship at the highest level against the best competition.  So in the final analysis since either offense or defense could be responsible for winning a championship........all that really matters is which team can score the most points before time has elapsed.......however that happens.  Sometimes the team with the better defense wins, and sometimes in today's game the team with the better offense overcomes a great defensive team and wins the championship. The only points your team gets are those that it scores......there are no points awarded in football for preventing the opponent from scoring.

I started thinking about post game perceptions after this is over.  Of course, the winning team will be able to say "I told you so", and the losing team will be able to say "we could have/should have (fill in the blank)".

If Lindale wins, having won both a district championship and a fourth round playoff game over the same opponent, both big stage games, you would have to say Lindale, for this year, in terms of head to head results, was the better team.  However, there is no denying that both teams are very very good this year and either is capable of beating the other on a given night.

The first time the two teams played, I don't think there was a true favorite or perceived better team, just two strong teams fighting it out for a district championship.  But now that Lindale has taken the district championship from Kilgore on their home turf, the Eagles now have a title - District Champions.  

For that very reason, I give an intangible edge to Kilgore.  The sting of the loss, of dropping the championship game in what was certainly an emotional battle, and learning what things you should have/could have done to correct what went wrong.  Oh, if they only had a second chance...

And then it comes.  This time, Lindale, the district champion, is the team to be knocked off.  Kilgore has certainly made  adjustments based upon the earlier result, and Lindale will have to counter those adjustments in-game.

I pray that no major injuries play a factor in the outcome.  If Kilgore wins, Lindale has a district championship and the deepest run in school history to hang its hat on.  If Lindale wins, Kilgore, always strong, still represented the district very well, there are no pretenders this deep in the playoffs.

And like was mentioned by others, regardless the outcome, I am hoping that the losing team has just lost to the eventual state champion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Likewise  but you maybe having some crow cooked up tomorrow.

I have no problem congratulating Lindale if they win and support them the rest of the way!!.....there's nothing wrong with believing and stating your team can win if they play well...just like Lindale believes they can win again even if Kilgore plays better.....I don't see neither team saying without a doubt they will win...just more of confidence that they can win!!...I think everyone knows this game can go either way, so honestly no crow would be needed for either...just more of a great game and good luck!!!...JMO

• Like 2