Lindale vs Kilgore quarterfinals @ SFA 12/4/20 7pm

LindalePride2002

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

I have to question the Kilgore win over Huffman.  When Huffman started throwing the ball at the end, they moved well.  Having watched both Lindale & Huffman, Lindale’s passing game is far superior.   If Kilgore stacks the box to stop the run, I can see the Eagles flying to victory.  But for full disclosure, I haven’t seen Kilgore, and perhaps they were looking forward to Lindale & Huffman surprised them.

As pointed out earlier, Kilgore has a lot going for them.  Close lost in DC and now a chance at vindication.   All points to a classic game.   Looking forward to this one tomorrow.   If I was betting, I’d bet on Lindale, but I wouldn’t bet much.  🤣

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I have to question the Kilgore win over Huffman.  When Huffman started throwing the ball at the end, they moved well.  Having watched both Lindale & Huffman, Lindale’s passing game is far superior.   If Kilgore stacks the box to stop the run, I can see the Eagles flying to victory.  But for full disclosure, I haven’t seen Kilgore, and perhaps they were looking forward to Lindale & Huffman surprised them.

As pointed out earlier, Kilgore has a lot going for them.  Close lost in DC and now a chance at vindication.   All points to a classic game.   Looking forward to this one tomorrow.   If I was betting, I’d bet on Lindale, but I wouldn’t bet much.  🤣

After Kilgore went up 20-2 on Huffman it seemed to me that we just got complacent and sloppy. Ton of holding calls killed offensive drives in the 2nd half and 30 yds of pass interference calls on one drive kept Huffman alive. Kilgore's pass defense has been very good this year. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day and when the clock hits 0:00 and whoever wins if it's Lindale then I would tip my hat to the better team and congratulate them. I have nothing but respect for Lindale they are finally getting to showcase their talent on the big stage. These two teams are just about identical to one another and I feel whoever wins and moves on would have no problem in representing for a East Tx team. Lindale/Kilgore definitely has the talent and team to win it all. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

At the end of the day and when the clock hits 0:00 and whoever wins if it's Lindale then I would tip my hat to the better team and congratulate them. I have nothing but respect for Lindale they are finally getting to showcase their talent on the big stage. These two teams are just about identical to one another and I feel whoever wins and moves on would have no problem in representing for a East Tx team. Lindale/Kilgore definitely has the talent and team to win it all. 

Well said sir...feel the same about Kilgore 

11 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

After Kilgore went up 20-2 on Huffman it seemed to me that we just got complacent and sloppy. Ton of holding calls killed offensive drives in the 2nd half and 30 yds of pass interference calls on one drive kept Huffman alive. Kilgore's pass defense has been very good this year. 

And not to mention the leading tackler for Kilgore was injured in the 3rd qtr and never returned. Not to mention the other 2 defensive starters that didn't play if a Defense loses 3 very good important starters there is probably going to be a few hiccups and happening. Kilgore D was dominating Hargrave they finally got into the endzone with 5 or 6 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. 

27 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

And not to mention the leading tackler for Kilgore was injured in the 3rd qtr and never returned. Not to mention the other 2 defensive starters that didn't play if a Defense loses 3 very good important starters there is probably going to be a few hiccups and happening. Kilgore D was dominating Hargrave they finally got into the endzone with 5 or 6 minutes to go in the 4th qtr. 

I certainly didn’t see the game, and had no idea of injuries.   I do know that Huffman doesn’t score a lot, and only scored over 23 points in 4 games.   It’s easy for an outsider to be mislead, as some may have been surprised/mislead at the score in the Lindale vs Vidor game.   Regardless of all that, this pans out to be a wooly-booger of a game.   I won’t be surprised, whoever wins.   

PS;  I do feel sorry for the rest of this District.  Being in this year with Lindale & Kilgore was a bummer.  😂

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I certainly didn’t see the game, and had no idea of injuries.   I do know that Huffman doesn’t score a lot, and only scored over 23 points in 4 games.   It’s easy for an outsider to be mislead, as some may have been surprised/mislead at the score in the Lindale vs Vidor game.   Regardless of all that, this pans out to be a wooly-booger of a game.   I won’t be surprised, whoever wins.   

PS;  I do feel sorry for the rest of this District.  Being in this year with Lindale & Kilgore was a bummer.  😂

Yes sir indeed it's going to be a knockout, drag out, battle on the football field.

• Like 1

If there's one thing Kilgore has to differently in this rematch than they did the first go-round....  it's tackle Jenkins lower. In the DC game, Kilgore tried to bring the lumber to Jenkins.... and that's like trying to catch a phone booth rolling down a flight of stairs. You have to tackle that man-child by the ankles. 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Even with the injuries Kilgore had, to me it seemed like they may have been a little flat after knocking off highly touted El Campo.

4 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Even with the injuries Kilgore had, to me it seemed like they may have been a little flat after knocking off highly touted El Campo.

Plus looking ahead to this one.   Huffman was just a speed bump to them.  Can’t remember the last time I’ve been this excited about a game outside SETX.   Hope all of you get to go.  The atmosphere alone will be worth the trip and admission.

7 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Plus looking ahead to this one.   Huffman was just a speed bump to them.  Can’t remember the last time I’ve been this excited about a game outside SETX.   Hope all of you get to go.  The atmosphere alone will be worth the trip and admission.

I wish i could be there.  Ill be on a work trip in Oklahoma.  You best believe ill be tuned in to texaslive. If lindale makes it past this one im going to semifinals 😁

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hagar said:

So, the last time Kilgore played at SFA was 2004... 2nd round game against PNG on a Saturday night. Thunderstorms rolled in before kickoff and hung around forever. Game almost got moved to a Monday. It finally let up just enough to kickoff at 11:15 PM. Ended at 1:45 AM. Halftime was about 5 minutes. Dogs rolled, but my socks haven't dried yet.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Aggie98 said:

So, the last time Kilgore played at SFA was 2004... 2nd round game against PNG on a Saturday night. Thunderstorms rolled in before kickoff and hung around forever. Game almost got moved to a Monday. It finally let up just enough to kickoff at 11:15 PM. Ended at 1:45 AM. Halftime was about 5 minutes. Dogs rolled, but my socks haven't dried yet.

Yeah that was a mess at some point they were even trying to get Kilgore to just flip a coin and the coin flip winner would advance. Coach Vallery said no way in He double hockey sticks he was flipping a coin. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

This is the best part of living in East Texas. We talk smack to one another, wear each other out at times, but when the dust settles we have each others backs.

Regardless of who wins, both fan bases want to see District 9 go win the whole thing. I hope Lindale wins, but I can assure you that I will be pulling for the Dogs the next two weeks if they win tonight.

The winner of this game has EAST TEXAS behind them the rest of the way!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

This is the best part of living in East Texas. We talk smack to one another, wear each other out at times, but when the dust settles we have each others backs.

Regardless of who wins, both fan bases want to see District 9 go win the whole thing. I hope Lindale wins, but I can assure you that I will be pulling for the Dogs the next two weeks if they win tonight.

Absolutely it's crazy with all the support that East Tx fans give out during the playoffs to one another. It's pretty amazing when you see people in the stands from another community rooting and cheering your team on. I have been to a few myself a few Carthage games, Longview games and if it happens to be Lindale this year I will do the same for them.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Absolutely facts. East Texas supports East Texas team better than any other region. Best High School fans in the state.

• Like 3