Lindale vs Kilgore quarterfinals @ SFA 12/4/20 7pm

LindalePride2002

Quarterfinals  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 01:00 AM

4 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

Congrats Lindale, I hope you guys get to Arlington. Well it wouldn't be a Kilgore thread without someone blaming the coaches for a loss. A kid scored 7 rushing touchdowns by himself. I'm thinking that may have had more to do with the loss than than the Kilgore coaches. Kilgore is one of the winningest teams in east texas, but the coaches never seem to have anything to do with any of the wins, but they are always the reason for the losses. Hmmmmm, seems like with so many coaches not having a clue what is going on, there would be alot more turnover, or a lot less success in Kilgore.

That's gonna happen after a loss like this. They haven't done anything up till this year so he's super safe IMO for the next few.

Congrats to Lindale. They made way fewer mistakes and it paid off with the win. 

In a game where I figured there would be a lot of score trading, I thought the early fake punt by Lindale would be the difficult, but Kilgore battled back. The deal breaker for the Bulldogs were the two penalties then the fumble on the 6. You can’t make mistakes like that and expect to win in December.

Props to the Bulldogs for fighting the whole way. The balanced offense is a thing of beauty and should lead to more deep runs in the future.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Congrats to Lindale. They made way fewer mistakes and it paid off with the win. 

In a game where I figured there would be a lot of score trading, I thought the early fake punt by Lindale would be the difficult, but Kilgore battled back. The deal breaker for the Bulldogs were the two penalties then the fumble on the 6. You can’t make mistakes like that and expect to win in December.

Props to the Bulldogs for fighting the whole way. The balanced offense is a thing of beauty and should lead to more deep runs in the future.

All of the short fields we gave them on kickoffs didn't help at all either.

14 minutes ago, KDOGS95 said:

All of the short fields we gave them on kickoffs didn't help at all either.

Dont know why an adjustment wasn't made there. I honestly thought Kilgore would have forced Lindale to beat them in the passing game and loaded the box heavy.

Well first I will say I was just thankful we even had a 2020 football season to begin with. Next I never expected Kilgore to still be playing in December there is nothing to hang their heads about it was a great year they just ran into a better team tonight. Also Kilgore just made to many mistakes and had missed opportunities something you can't have against a good team like Lindale. So go give them Hell Lindale I will be rooting for you guys next week go make district 9 proud you guys deserve it.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Don't leave the board now. Give us your take on the game?

Sorry so late, I got called into work on my way home from the game and am still recovering. My thoughts on this one..

1. Jenkins was Jenkins again. But I think an equal amount (or more) of credit goes to Lindale's offensive line. They're extremely good. The majority of his runs, he's 3-4 yds past the line of scrimmage before he's touched... and when he gets touched he's just getting started.

2. Kickoff teams were a huge part of this game. Lindale started nearly every drive at mid-field. Kilgore started every drive at ~ the 28. Kilgore squibbed, pooched, kicked it deep... didn't matter... Lindale returned it to mid-field and had one TD called back. And the Kilgore fumble in the EZ was set up by that bizarre chain of events on the coffin kick by Lindale that we kneeled in the EZ and then had to run out because the ref didn't blow it dead. Not sure what the right call should have been there. Could have been a touchback, could have been a safety.... ended up being a game changer.

3. Lindale is definitely the better all football team this year and I will be pulling for them to win it all.

4. Lastly, in a football town that has known nothing but running game and defense for decades..... I don't think people around here appreciate enough how good Dalton McElyea was at QB this year. That kid shattered every passing record imaginable and we never would have made it this far without him. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Sorry so late, I got called into work on my way home from the game and am still recovering. My thoughts on this one..

1. Jenkins was Jenkins again. But I think an equal amount (or more) of credit goes to Lindale's offensive line. They're extremely good. The majority of his runs, he's 3-4 yds past the line of scrimmage before he's touched... and when he gets touched he's just getting started.

2. Kickoff teams were a huge part of this game. Lindale started nearly every drive at mid-field. Kilgore started every drive at ~ the 28. Kilgore squibbed, pooched, kicked it deep... didn't matter... Lindale returned it to mid-field and had one TD called back. And the Kilgore fumble in the EZ was set up by that bizarre chain of events on the coffin kick by Lindale that we kneeled in the EZ and then had to run out because the ref didn't blow it dead. Not sure what the right call should have been there. Could have been a touchback, could have been a safety.... ended up being a game changer.

3. Lindale is definitely the better all football team this year and I will be pulling for them to win it all.

4. Lastly, in a football town that has known nothing but running game and defense for decades..... I don't think people around here appreciate enough how good Dalton McElyea was at QB this year. That kid shattered every passing record imaginable and we never would have made it this far without him. 

Great Post! He has some great parents also. I would like to see him if he worked with a Surratt or another QB guru.

• Like 1