Timpson vs Beckville Friday 7:30p Henderson isd

ttowngrad

14 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

I know it's one week at a time, but for the fans of the winning team...do not miss next week's game against likely Shiner.  I went to see them last night against Mason and they are exceptional.  Of course they have to get past their nemesis Refugio first and that has been a very tough task for them even when they've had superior talent.

I wouldn’t say Shiner gets by Refugio this year, Refugio has turned it up a notch and playing good football right now 

8 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I’m probably gonna beat down for asking this question, but what type of offense does Beckville run? I know I could look this up, but figured someone on here could help me out.

Idk why you would get bear down for it. Lol. 

I’ve only gotten to watch highlights from games. But it appears to me like they run out of shotgun mostly with a lot of motion, jet sweeps, read option with the QB who is a VERY good runner. They have got a few fast, talented skill players that also carry the ball and catch it occasionally (Beckville doesn’t pass very much.) Other than that it appears they are just well coached and play very hard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Anyone old enough to remember the Timpson 93-94 team? Who eventually knocked them out..... IMO that is the best Timpson team to suit up ever. They had some DUDES!!!!

Paul Pewitt beat Waskom the week before and then beat Timpson the next week. Eric Yarbrough was the Bears QB and he was good. Had a guy I think his name was Jason Sandford(Sandman) was like 5 6 and played middle lb and running back. Pound for pound he was legit.  Waskom and Timpson both good that year.

10 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

Paul Pewitt beat Waskom the week before and then beat Timpson the next week. Eric Yarbrough was the Bears QB and he was good. Had a guy I think his name was Jason Sandford(Sandman) was like 5 6 and played middle lb and running back. Pound for pound he was legit.  Waskom and Timpson both good that year.

Demetrius Mosby, Michael Osby , Mario Yarbrough....several guys that were great

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Demetrius Mosby, Michael Osby , Mario Yarbrough....several guys that were great

That was a great team. I'm not from Timpson i was going off memory.  At my age that is not good sometimes. E Yarbrough was a beast in track also. I believe he won state several times in the 400 or 800.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Unashamed said:

And baseball.   Timpson had a few good baseball players in that time period.   

Maybe I just can not recall. I do know they had a playground in right field. That field and Big Sandy's field were the 2 worst fields I've ever played or coached at. 

31 minutes ago, BearcatBlue said:

Think it was a dogwood tree in right center field.  Saltwater tank right beside first base fence.  Yea it was pretty bad.

Yeah I played on the Timpson field in HS and remember that tree.  They also had a mini "green monster" in CF.  Left Field line was short.

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson vs Beckville Friday 7:30p Henderson isd