Carthage vs China Spring

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs China Spring  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • China Spring

This poll is closed to new votes

Of course I'm hoping for a China Spring victory tonight. My son (#14) played in the 2016 semi final game against Carthage, so we want redemption. 

My honest opinion of this CS team is, we aren't packed with big play makers like we were in 2016. But this team has a lot of heart and they've made it work. They've accomplished what no one thought they could. There isn't a lot of pressure on them right now, because we aren't supposed to be here. 

Carthage is a tough team no doubt. If we lose...….. we weren't even supposed to get past our first play off game. So we are proud of our cougars win or lose.  

But Carthage has a lot riding on this game. They are under a lot of pressure to win. Nobody wants to get beat by the underdog.

One thing I know about High School football is anything can happen. I suspect tonight will be a good game. I'll be on the cougar side cheering them on win or lose. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I am interested to see if Carthage’s DE’s and LB’s can run down C S’s QB and RB when they go/try to go outside - all groups mentioned above have quickness/speed.  

I believe Carthage can contain their rushing attack, I am sure they will have some success early in the game. CS has some good size lineman and linebackers, curious to see how we play against big and physical guys. Our offensive line will take care of Horton and give him time to throw, plus we have several options to run at the running back position. Go Dawgs!!

7 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

Of course I'm hoping for a China Spring victory tonight. My son (#14) played in the 2016 semi final game against Carthage, so we want redemption. 

My honest opinion of this CS team is, we aren't packed with big play makers like we were in 2016. But this team has a lot of heart and they've made it work. They've accomplished what no one thought they could. There isn't a lot of pressure on them right now, because we aren't supposed to be here. 

Carthage is a tough team no doubt. If we lose...….. we weren't even supposed to get past our first play off game. So we are proud of our cougars win or lose.  

But Carthage has a lot riding on this game. They are under a lot of pressure to win. Nobody wants to get beat by the underdog.

One thing I know about High School football is anything can happen. I suspect tonight will be a good game. I'll be on the cougar side cheering them on win or lose. 

Well said! Win or Lose, CS has had a heck of a year.  

15 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

That 2016 game was exhausting, even for the fans. Every player definitely left all on the field for that game. China Spring might be considered the underdog, but certainly won't be overlooked. Looking forward to tonight! Go Dawgs!! 

Slight thread drift here.....  Nice to see several Waco-area teams still playing this time of year:

Quarter Finals: China Spring - 4A, Bosqueville & Crawford playing each other (same district, to boot) 2A-D1, Mart 2A-D2, Live Oak - TAPPS 6 man

Semi Finals: Reicher - TAPPS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonecrushr said:

Slight thread drift here.....  Nice to see several Waco-area teams still playing this time of year:

Quarter Finals: China Spring - 4A, Bosqueville & Crawford playing each other (same district, to boot) 2A-D1, Mart 2A-D2, Live Oak - TAPPS 6 man

Semi Finals: Reicher - TAPPS

Some good teams in that group.  Mart is a machine!  Hope Tenaha gives em a good game, but man it's hard to pick against Mart!

2 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

We watched that 2016 game on youtube this week, and even though I knew the outcome it was just as exciting.

We rooted for Carthage in the state game through our tears. 

Same here!  I was biting my nails all over!

25 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

Carthage versus Brownwood is my top game, but the China Spring is a close 2nd.

I say b-wood only because they had been undefeated #1 all year.  I attended both games and while it's hard to judge demeanor from across the football field, I think the B-wood fans were in shock.

Just now, JBizzle said:

Can't put that one up there because I'm not sure we won!!!🤣

Lol I know what you mean but I consider it a wash since there was some bogus calls going the other way too.  Either way, it was an epic game.  I think it was the most stressful for me!

• Like 1