HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs China Spring  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • China Spring

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We understand CS never having lost a game like it did last night. This 2020 team, the 2017 team and the 2010 team are just a notch above the other Carthage state championship winning teams. I wouldn’t take that game last night so hard.
This Bulldog team is really good and CS legitimately made a push and challenged Carthage in the first half. CS made the Dawgs earn that halftime lead and has zero to hang their heads about.

I am glad you’ve reengaged and I think you’re right about the previous staff had a more disciplined team.

CS from top to bottom seemed to be hotheaded. The main culprits were the HC and #12.

Hey, is backup QB / punter #11 a sophomore or junior? I ask, because he seems to be a better passer than Bowden. At least in warmups 11 looked good and made better throws than #2. Then in the game Bowden had poor passes every time they attempted a pass. 
Carthage now has 22 interceptions on the year after intercepting Bowden in the second half. 

Yes. I noticed a few of our players attitudes. Last night I know they weren't happy about some of the calls. But even last week against Sealy I noticed some attitude. That wouldn't have been the case a couple of years ago. 

Big Bell has built a great program I'm super proud to say my son got to play for him. I'm sure it'll take Young Bell a little while to find his footing. I'll have a freshman in cougar football next year. Hopefully we can make another good run while he's coming up.

Brayden Faulkner #11 is a Junior he'll be back next year. Other than Brayden I don't know anyone else who is staying. I think alot of those boys are graduating. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

Yes. I noticed a few of our players attitudes. Last night I know they weren't happy about some of the calls. But even last week against Sealy I noticed some attitude. That wouldn't have been the case a couple of years ago. 

Big Bell has built a great program I'm super proud to say my son got to play for him. I'm sure it'll take Young Bell a little while to find his footing. I'll have a freshman in cougar football next year. Hopefully we can make another good run while he's coming up.

Brayden Faulkner #11 is a Junior he'll be back next year. Other than Brayden I don't know anyone else who is staying. I think alot of those boys are graduating. 

Good! Your son will be on varsity soon enough and #11 may allow the staff to open up the offense a little more with the pass. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, buckeyebob said:

4A Div 2 does not have the level of competition worthy of Surratt’s Dawgs who are just now starting to be challenged.

I wouldn't take Gilmer plus 30 points for a nickel bet. This defense will be in the backfield on every play. #5 will be keying on the QB and if he takes off look out.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I wouldn't take Gilmer plus 30 points for a nickel bet. This defense will be in the backfield on every play. #5 will be keying on the QB and if he takes off look out.

Yea look at the highlight you posted. #5 hammered Gilmer. Half that highlight was against them.

• Like 1

Just had to share this.  GREAT sportsmanship by CS player.  Courtney almost scored on another long run up the middle and the score was already 31-7.  This was the run that put Courtney over the 200 yard mark for the night.  He scored on the next play.

F56C26EE-9DE4-4D4B-A23F-DB3F891535B7.jpeg

• Like 6

Let's be honest, I'm not sure there are many teams in 5A-2 that could beat Carthage.. Maybe Aledo. It was an amazing season for our Cougars and I look forward to an even better 2021! And Carthage fans, enjoy this time as it won't last forever. As a Brownwood graduate.. I know what I speak. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

Let's be honest, I'm not sure there are many teams in 5A-2 that could beat Carthage.. Maybe Aledo. It was an amazing season for our Cougars and I look forward to an even better 2021! And Carthage fans, enjoy this time as it won't last forever. As a Brownwood graduate.. I know what I speak. 

CS1, that is what we have to remember is one day this run will end. We must soak up and enjoy every moment!

One day SS will leave or retire and it is very doubtful another coach can backfill him and replicate the success we’ve enjoyed under Surratt.

The first sentence in your post I bolded really gets under many big school fans’ collective skin. They hate it if anyone dares to think a “small” school could beat a majority of larger classification schools. The truth is Carthage has an unbelievable amount of talent at every position, and much of it exceptional talent. 
How many teams, any classification and division have a quarterback like Carthage does? —6’5”, 220 lbs; very strong arm, can make all the throws and can scramble. The OL, DL, the LB’s, the WR’s, the TE, the RB’s and the coaching staff not just SS! It’s ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

CS1, that is what we have to remember is one day this run will end. We must soak up and enjoy every moment!

One day SS will leave or retire and it is very doubtful another coach can backfill him and replicate the success we’ve enjoyed under Surratt.

The first sentence in your post I bolded really gets under many big school fans’ collective skin. They hate it if anyone dares to think a “small” school could beat a majority of larger classification schools. The truth is Carthage has an unbelievable amount of talent at every position, and much of it exceptional talent. 
How many teams, any classification and division have a quarterback like Carthage does? —6’5”, 220 lbs; very strong arm, can make all the throws and can scramble. The OL, DL, the LB’s, the WR’s, the TE, the RB’s and the coaching staff not just SS! It’s ridiculous.

Don't leave out the DB's.  Those two corners in particular I feel like have played great all year.  #7 Woods and #9 King, we have had some great ones, but I love how these two get after the ball.  

3 hours ago, ChinaSpring1 said:

I would have to agree with this statement. Carthage could beat most 5A-2 schools and would not be surprised if they won state in that class either. They would easily win 4A-1 this year as well. Argyle is good, but Carthage is too good. There is no team in 4A that can match up to them.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Don't leave out the DB's.  Those two corners in particular I feel like have played great all year.  #7 Woods and #9 King, we have had some great ones, but I love how these two get after the ball.  

Both of those guys, especially Woods, aren’t only looking to knock the ball away they’re looking to intercept it and return it the other way every time it is in the air.