Celina vs Graham

TCU44

This is an interesting game to me.  I give Graham an early edge but Celina seems to be peaking at the right time.  Graham definitely can't let Celina hang around in the is game.  This one can go either way.  I think the Steers defense gets pushed harder than they have all year but gets a few turnovers and a late stop.

Graham 37

Celina 31

If Celina can get out of their own way and just play some good solid football, they have the personnel to win this game.  They have been their own worst enemies this season in their losses.......but just maybe they have some of that stuff ironed out by now.  I know they leaned on their soph QB Bentley when they made that switch from the senior Davenport earlier in the season........so he needed some seasoning to adjust.  It was the right move for lots of reasons, IMO.......and will pay off next season for sure.......and maybe even in this game this season.  The guy has the tools, the size, the speed, and now some seasoning. And what an arm......he's a good one!  Celina has been Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde this season.......but I'm betting by now the real Celina will show up and play up to their potential.  There's alot of stuff going on with being Celina that those players have to deal with.......both on and off the field.  I hope they have found their chemistry as a team now and play like the team they can be.  IF they do.......they will win this game.

I’ve had the privilege of seeing both of these in person this season. Graham has a really good team, but they don’t have a lot of size to them. I actually thought they looked more like a freshman team size wise. But they are fast! Celina has size advantage for sure but Graham is scrappy. If Celina plays to their ability, they win. I wouldn’t look past the little giants of Graham tho. I’m not ready to make my prediction yet, but I am leaning towards Celina a little.

4 common opponents between these 2: Vernon, Iowa Park, Van Alstyne, and Aubrey.  Only difference is Celina lost to Aubrey while Graham beat Aubrey. 

Celina's other 3 losses are to Argyle, Paris, and Melissa. I don't think Graham in on that level. Celina seems to have found their groove in the playoffs. I'm picking the Bobcats by a TD. 

I'm hoping that Carthage and Gilmer can meet in the finals, but if Carthage makes it and Gilmer were to fall, It would be cool to see Carthage and Celina play in the championship game again, seeing as how it was Celina that Carthage beat for their first state championship win.  

• Like 1

I was going to go to this game because I have a cousin playing for celina but they chose to play at Globe Life Field on friday at 7pm while the NFR is going on at Jerry world. The mayhem that is going to be around that area friday night is going to be so outrageous that I am just going to watch on the computer.  

On 11/29/2020 at 12:50 PM, highschoolfootball99 said:

Don’t be confused about Celina losing to Aubrey. Celina had a bunch of kids out against Aubrey when they meet up in district. Graham is definitely the favorite in the game but like mentioned above if they let then hang around into the 4th give me Celina.

celina 35

graham 31

Excuses!

Graham had a major piece of their offense out when they lost to Springtown but Noone has been paying attention.

15 minutes ago, RonaBaller said:

Excuses!

Graham had a major part of their offense out when they lost to Springtown but Noone has been paying attention.

All I was saying was dont let the aubrey lose be a factor just like dont let the springtown lose for yall be the factor. This should be a great game. last week yall beat Aubrey by 14 points and I am saying celina is better. If Graham lets celina hang around going into the 4th Q there is just something about celina that says if they are in striking distance late they usually pull it off. 

It is kinda like when Tiger was in his prime if he was in striking distance going into the final round he won more than he lost that is all I am saying.

Celina 35

Graham 31

Get there early ppl traffic is going to be a monster with the NFR

9 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

Graham, but at this point of the playoffs, not gonna be shocked by anything, other than if Carthage were to lose before the championship game. 

Agree. There are some really good offenses left in 4A DIV 2, but I just don’t see how any of them score enough on that Carthage defense to upset the Dawgs 🤷