Head coaching changes

Yoman

On 12/2/2020 at 6:12 PM, hwy35tigers said:

I think if the right coaches are looking, a school(s) will make a change regardless of COVID or anything else. I think a lot of decisions this year will be based on returning talent and to a lesser degree other intangibles (Coaches seeing a significant chance to be successful with perceived better talent or a school with a talented groups of athletes who have under performed under the current staff) . A winning coach will have their pick of spots if they find a better situation. As far as the other coaching situations there may be less.

your a smart man

On 12/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I would both and identify as a woman if Surratt and Preston would come to my team. Still couldn’t go with dudes. Always a deal breaker for me. 

I don’t know who your “team” is but they’re some places that a staff of Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Jimbo Fisher, Chip Kelly, Brent Venables, Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry wouldn’t win. And there’s places like Carthage, Aledo, Duncanville and North Shore that Jason Garrett, Kevin Sumlin, Charlie Strong, Tom Herman and Les Miles could win.

21 hours ago, birddog7987 said:

Word is Bobby Reyes’ kid is in the mix. I think he’s at Center now as OC.

Thanks they are keeping it pretty quiet down here. I hope he’s good, Lumberton needs some improvement 

On 12/24/2020 at 1:52 AM, randomuser said:

I don’t know who your “team” is but they’re some places that a staff of Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Jimbo Fisher, Chip Kelly, Brent Venables, Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry wouldn’t win. And there’s places like Carthage, Aledo, Duncanville and North Shore that Jason Garrett, Kevin Sumlin, Charlie Strong, Tom Herman and Les Miles could win.

Make no mistake, Carthage has ALWAYS had the athletes to do what it is doing now, but it didn’t happen until SS & staff arrived.

Sleepy had all the talent in the world and only made one state championship game appearance.

Surratt is a wizard and not just anyone can win at Carthage as it has been proven over the years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Is he still around? I remember I know the good ole days 2000 to probably 2006 , Carthage was pretty non competitive. 90s they were as tough as anyone. How did he get that nickname? 

The late 70s, 80s and early-to-mid 90s was peak Sleepy Reynolds Era and Carthage really was tough, but never reached the heights those teams could have. 
After Sleepy we cycled through a few decent coaches before finding SS going into the 2007 season. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Make no mistake, Carthage has ALWAYS had the athletes to do what it is doing now, but it didn’t happen until SS & staff arrived.

Sleepy had all the talent in the world and only made one state championship game appearance.

Surratt is a wizard and not just anyone can win at Carthage as it has been proven over the years. 

I know Scott and know he’s a great football coach, maybe I shouldn’t have used them as an example. I was in HS when Sleepy was at Carthage and I agree. 👍🏻

8 hours ago, randomuser said:

I know Scott and know he’s a great football coach, maybe I shouldn’t have used them as an example. I was in HS when Sleepy was at Carthage and I agree. 👍🏻

👍

SS said in an interview back in the spring that when he began thinking about day becoming a HC somewhere that Carthage always intrigued him, because he remembers all the athletes Carthage had when he played against them and he used Roscoe Tatum as his example. Don’t know what sport he was talking about. Maybe he was talking about just knowing about Roscoe Tatum or maybe he did play against CHS. 
Anyhow, SS knew Carthage had talent and potential. Surratt took that and harnessed it like no one could’ve imagined.

I would not trade hime for anyone anywhere.

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

👍

SS said in an interview back in the spring that when he began thinking about day becoming a HC somewhere that Carthage always intrigued him, because he remembers all the athletes Carthage had when he played against them and he used Roscoe Tatum as his example. Don’t know what sport he was talking about. Maybe he was talking about just knowing about Roscoe Tatum or maybe he did play against CHS. 
Anyhow, SS knew Carthage had talent and potential. Surratt took that and harnessed it like no one could’ve imagined.

I would not trade hime for anyone anywhere.

Nope!👌

On 12/24/2020 at 1:52 AM, randomuser said:

I noticed you didn’t list Longview in that one group!!!!  Lol

On 12/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’ve heard that sleepy was very predictable and vanilla offensively.  Sounds familiar.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:47 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Is he still around? I remember I know the good ole days 2000 to probably 2006 , Carthage was pretty non competitive. 90s they were as tough as anyone. How did he get that nickname? 

His offense was so boring it put people to sleep, including himself

• LOL! 3

On 12/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, dillonpanthers said:

Redwater

Rains

Brownsboro 

I would like to see Redwater either Promote their DC, who would bring life back into that athletic program and bring much needed stability, or bring back the basketball coach from a few years ago that turned that program around in 2 years. From what I have heard both great men of character and rich in football knowledge. The basketball coach who left is a young guy and graduated from PG. Pretty sure he won 2 Baseball State Championships there. Could be what they need to get things at least competitive there.