Head coaching changes

Yoman

8 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Money isn't everything!! He has a system set up, coaches in place where he wants them. He has built a football factory and has total autonomy. Talking to some of his assistants that coach other sports, they are happy being assistants and winning. Carthage is a very nice community to raise a family, a good school district and cost of living is pretty low. 

All of us should aspire to be in that kind of situation.

Carthage wasn’t voted “Best Small Town in Texas” for nothing!😋

• Like 3
  • Roll Eyes 1

On 1/5/2021 at 10:33 AM, WyattEarp said:

No football experience though.

No he does not have the Head Football or Coordinator experience but does have a lot of knowledge in the game. If I remember correctly he left to go to a bigger school for football. From what I have learned and seen in high school sports, most of the great programs, it’s not always about X’s and O’s but more about the culture that coach builds. Not many programs succeed with bad culture or a weak culture. You can learn X’s and O’s but being the guy those high school kids lean on in time of need, respect, love, and would go through a wall for, those are the coaches that succeed long term. So I don’t look at all the experience. I have seen a lot of coaches with great experience not make it as head coach and ones who don’t have great experience but create a great culture win on and off the field. 

3 hours ago, RW2008 said:

No he does not have the Head Football or Coordinator experience but does have a lot of knowledge in the game. If I remember correctly he left to go to a bigger school for football. From what I have learned and seen in high school sports, most of the great programs, it’s not always about X’s and O’s but more about the culture that coach builds. Not many programs succeed with bad culture or a weak culture. You can learn X’s and O’s but being the guy those high school kids lean on in time of need, respect, love, and would go through a wall for, those are the coaches that succeed long term. So I don’t look at all the experience. I have seen a lot of coaches with great experience not make it as head coach and ones who don’t have great experience but create a great culture win on and off the field. 

Congratulations. You have proven that you are not a small town board member.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, DeKlabBeers said:

Congratulations. You have proven that you are not a small town board member.

Alright... maybe I am a bit confused by your statement. What are you trying to say?? Was there something you disagreed with? Just wanting clarification. 

1 hour ago, RW2008 said:

Alright... maybe I am a bit confused by your statement. What are you trying to say?? Was there something you disagreed with? Just wanting clarification. 

I don’t know that DeKlabBeers has ever made a post that was not satirical or in jest. Lol

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 11:30 AM, RW2008 said:

If you are speaking of Nathan Turner he was head coach at Waskom for 4 years. 

7 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

If you are speaking of Nathan Turner he was head coach at Waskom for 4 years. 

I was referring to Trey Hart. He is on Varsity staff at Princeton in the DFW area now. Nathan Turner did coach at Waskom before coming to Redwater. Couple pretty good season and a couple tough ones. A great coach. I think he has been held back a little bit the last few years because of not wanting to be too tough on the players. Not sure on that but what I have heard. Nathan Turner would be a great hire. Trey Hart maybe long term could be a good one but doesn’t have all the experience. Which is a hold off. Overall good man and good coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1