Ref gets assaulted after ejecting player.

BlahBlah

35 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

I posted the link to the Monitor newspaper above that references the incident and that he was suspended after that for the rest of the school year

I know, I read that.  Here's what the Brownsville News said about him and they make no mention of soccer or the incident described in the other article.  I just don't want to heap any undo additional transgressions on him.  

Brownsville News’ Andrew McCulloch called it a “really ugly moment” while also sharing what Duron had seemingly given up in the moment of madness.

“On top having an all-area caliber season on the defensive line for Edinburg High, Duron was positioned to compete for a state wrestling title too. Hard to see that happening now,” he wrote on Twitter.

8 minutes ago, SDCAVEMAN said:

I know, I read that.  Here's what the Brownsville News said about him and they make no mention of soccer or the incident described in the other article.  I just don't want to heap any undo additional transgressions on him.  

Brownsville News’ Andrew McCulloch called it a “really ugly moment” while also sharing what Duron had seemingly given up in the moment of madness.

“On top having an all-area caliber season on the defensive line for Edinburg High, Duron was positioned to compete for a state wrestling title too. Hard to see that happening now,” he wrote on Twitter.

On another site someone stated they saw the soccer video

I cannot recall where I read that

They stated  it was similar he was given a red card? Then charged and knocked the official down

4 hours ago, CDubya936 said:

I agree it makes you wonder what their athletic policy is on this type of thing. 

I do feel for his teammates though. There is still a chance the team faces UIL discipline for the actions of one player. They clinched a playoff birth last night. Talk about a bad teammate. 

Just read that Edinburg has been removed from the playoffs because of this incident 

• Like 1

And to think...back when I was in school we got sent home for not having our shirts tucked in. Can't imagine anything like this incident EVER happening.  Of course, during my upbringing, they also still used the device that's in my attached picture. Maybe old ways are sometimes better? Just a thought...

5115UuB0MZL._AC_SY400_.jpg

• Like 4

This kid made a terrible choice in doing this.   Not only will he have a criminal record for it, gone are all his scholarship possibilities.  I saw he was allegedly the reason Edinburg was in the playoffs to begin with, plus he had a chance to go for the state championship in wrestling.  He placed 5th last year as a junior.  I never saw anything happen like this before this decade.  I think the reason the Coach didn't walk him back to the locker room is because in the one video I saw it took the ref awhile to announce that he was ejected from the game.  He should have done that first, but that's still not a reason for the young man to go off like this.  

56 minutes ago, SloppyJoe said:

PigskinBob says the school removed themselves. Why punish the other kids on the team? They actually won that game too.

The UIL had already made it clear that they would remove the team from the playoffs if the school district did not withdraw the team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coach and school administration need to be held accountable.  This isn't the first serious incident apparently.  When somebody says Edinburg now, what are you going to think.  Looked like the coach handleing him with kid gloves getting him off field.  

23 hours ago, Vandalman said:

And to think...back when I was in school we got sent home for not having our shirts tucked in. Can't imagine anything like this incident EVER happening.  Of course, during my upbringing, they also still used the device that's in my attached picture. Maybe old ways are sometimes better? Just a thought...

5115UuB0MZL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Too many young folks have never had any experience with one of these....😉

• Like 3